PDA

View Full Version : Request for a guide/tutorial - med9.1 flashing

pdabro27
27th October, 2018, 03:20 PM
Hello Guys,

I'm quite a newbie on this forum - so, please be forgiving.

I would like to make my first map swapping on the med9.1 (2.0tfsi) and I was trying to find some info about the hardware etc. I have some experience with software (I have some knowledge about engine control theory) and I was trying to find some guides which hardware I have to have to read/write etc. So I will write here, what I've read (not only on this forum) and I will ask some question. Please, redirect me to the special topics because I'm sure they exist - I was trying to find, but no result :/

1. OBDII vs BDM - Please tell me, there is any way to read/write maps with the OBDII interface on the MED9.1? If I understand correctly if I have IMMO OFF I can do a reflash with OBDII but how to make IMMO OFF - With BDM or just with OBDII? I see on some e-shops that MPPS is very popular and every seller recommend it for MED9.1 but otherwise I've read that You can't use it with med9.1 via OBDII because of IMMO. Which hardware(cable) Do You Recommend?

2. ECU - what can happen when I will disconnect ECU from my engine? Is it possible to just connect/disconnect ECU with no impact on the car behavior etc.?

3. Dynamic Map swapping - Do You have any info about how to do it (technically)?

4. Resources - Do You recommend any books or other knowledge resources?

I will be grateful for your responses, I hope You are able to help me!