What is new in this DarkStar II DM500 ?

Updated CVS: 30 August 2008

The image has been completely recoded based on the latest CVS
Updated Skin by porto

New DarkStar II skin customized by porto
Enigma 1 Integrated 8 Days Sky IT EPG

Download 8 days Sky IT EPG, and have it integrated to Enigma1
EPG Event Search

Select a single channel EPG, press 0, enter a keyword and search for your preferred events
EPG Channels Selection

Customize the list of EPG channels to download. We reccomend to restart Enigma upon completing the selection
EPG Channels Update List

Update the EPG channels list when there are changes
Standby after reboot

Your DM will automatically standby after an accidental reboot, such as after a powercut
Scheduled Reboot

Schedule an automatic daily reboot

Main Function Keys

Button 1xOK = Light Info OSD
Button 2xOK = Extra Info OSD
Button Blue = Nabilo Blue Panel
Button 2xBlue = Nabilo Extra Settings
Button Yellow = Nabilo Yellow Panel - Plugins List
Button 2xYellow = Nabilo Yellow Panel - Addons Manager
Button Red = Current Channel EPG
Button 2xRed = Select Channel EPG or MultiEPG

Features
Addons

Dedicated Addons Server
Download and install additional packages from Nabilosat server

Infobar/OSD

Enigma1 Analogic Clock
Channel Orbital Position
Advanced Tuner Info: Sr Freq Pol Fec
Signal SNR, AGC, BER
Infobar Picons
Advanced EMU information

Nabilo Panels features

1) Blue Panel

Extra Settings

Inadyn
Nabilo EPG Settings
Nabilo OSD Preferences
Nabilo Scheduler
----------------------
Mount Points

System Info

Dreambox
Mount Points Info
Process Info
Memory Info
----------------------
Enigma Setup
Bitstream

Save

Select/Start/Restart EMU

2) Yellow Panel

Forums
Shoutbox
Addons
Scripts

Addons Download Manager
Manual Install Panel
Addons Uninstall Panel
Images Uninstall Panel
----------------------
Nabilosat Statistics

Many thanks to the Beta Testers Team
Black33, ^^Corrado^^, ^^Maximo II^^, greg, Matrix10, Porto, ^)0(^Nabilo^)0(^, Army, Piefav, Franzjuve, Willow, fbrassin, Neri73, frimmino, astemio, DeepDiver, lorenzo64, robyhummy.

Credits
Sky IT Epg fully integrated to Enigma 1 by the great MaxZ4.
Many Thanks to lukkino (VDR-Italia) for opentv source code.

P.S. Soon another one version of image will be released for VPN users

Updated CVS

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4153/aboutwb2.jpg

Updated Skin by porto

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1941/mainmenugo9.jpg

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3962/screenshot2ob4.jpg

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3214/screenshot3xf3.jpg

Enigma1 Integrated Sky IT EPG

EPG Channels Select & Update

8 DAYS Sky IT EPG

EPG Event Search: press 0 on single channel EPG

Enter an event keyword

Press OK or the Green button

Keywords will be saved to speed up next search

Nabilo Scheduler

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/nabilosat-enigma1-darkstar-ii-dm500-320/

ru4real
20th September, 2008, 06:45 PM
has anyone tried this image with the Dreambox 500 plus? Just to make sure it`s compatible before trying..

thanks

satman
20th September, 2008, 06:49 PM
has anyone tried this image with the Dreambox 500 plus? Just to make sure it`s compatible before trying..

thanks

dm500plus uses openembedded images do they not?.. i.e .nfi images,
thats standard dm500 image by looks of it mate

michaelk
24th September, 2008, 04:58 PM
hi
i want to download the nabilo darkstar 2 for dm 500
is good?

ikooney
28th September, 2008, 04:07 PM
is it good? Any comments from who've tried?

mrman
29th September, 2008, 01:24 AM
Looks good but had problems with Astra 28.2 did'nt do a full scan only found some channels also came up as Astra 28.4 small bug i think. I'll wait for an update good luck.

^^MaXiMo II^^
29th September, 2008, 03:24 PM
In satellite list delete all the satellite that you dont use and add astra 28 then try to do a search.
This is not an immage bug but cvs

aftermath
29th September, 2008, 03:32 PM
I put this on my DM600c.

First impression was , very nice image, i love the clock.

a couple of probs though i found.

on cable, in the info bar , you dont get the now and next programmes whats on.

also the back up facility dont work. I installed the Mr Dude plugin for this , but its not recognised as a Nabilo file, so wont Backup.

Also you will need your cables.xml as the one that came with the image i got on isnt for the UK.

I hope they work on these few points as it is a very nice image.

^^MaXiMo II^^
29th September, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hi mate
unfortunatly our images are all tested on "S" boxes i will report your problems hoping that someone as a cable box to sort those out.
thanks for your feedback
ciao

jean pol
29th September, 2008, 09:23 PM
i have tried this one ...

I am not pro about Dreamboxes ( at least now ) , but its really good one and its working faster on switching channels.

Curious123
29th September, 2008, 09:30 PM
Looks good but had problems with Astra 28.2 did'nt do a full scan only found some channels also came up as Astra 28.4 small bug i think. I'll wait for an update good luck.

I have ot the same problem with 28.2 and 1.0W Thor, The reason for this is that there are two satellite .xml file one in the image and one in var/etc. In the image the satellite.xml has the 28.2E as 28.4E so it doesn't recognise the channels. On 1.0W the image has the satellite as 0.9 so the channels don't work as they are set for 1.W. So unless Captain Picard redoes his channels to 28.4E and 0.9 we are a little stuffed. The really weird part is I have the DM500S configured with Nabilo v8 and the Captains settings and it works perfectly.I tried the same on Dm600 but no luck.

vblanche
6th October, 2008, 12:19 PM
I have ot the same problem with 28.2 and 1.0W Thor, The reason for this is that there are two satellite .xml file one in the image and one in var/etc. In the image the satellite.xml has the 28.2E as 28.4E so it doesn't recognise the channels. On 1.0W the image has the satellite as 0.9 so the channels don't work as they are set for 1.W. So unless Captain Picard redoes his channels to 28.4E and 0.9 we are a little stuffed. The really weird part is I have the DM500S configured with Nabilo v8 and the Captains settings and it works perfectly.I tried the same on Dm600 but no luck.

Hello, here same problem...do we know when to expect a corrected image?

also, how should I flash this image? I mean, should I erase the current one in my DM500s and flash this one after? or over the current one?

Will the port 12000 be still opened after the flash? or is there a trick?

thanks
vblanche

Curious123
6th October, 2008, 02:04 PM
You could try adding the sat manually as it worked for me. Posted by digidude on another forum

AFTER downloading the captain channel list

press menu
setup
sat config
highlight 0.8W and press the red button to erase it
press the yellow button, a new box will appear at the bottom with a random satellite in it
press ok
scroll down to 1.0W
press ok
press green to save
press exit
go down to auto transponder scan
press ok
now in the list you should have 1.0W, highlight it and press ok
wait for a transponder lock
press green to scan

sorted

vblanche
6th October, 2008, 02:12 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm not in UK but the netherlands...I need to find the equivalent of 0.8W...

I think people here are using siruis 3/5E.

Also, is your method using usals or the GOTO feature?

thanks
vblanche

Curious123
6th October, 2008, 03:39 PM
I am using usals where it goes automatically to the satellite.

vblanche
6th October, 2008, 03:57 PM
I thought that DM500s did not support usals?

roguecube
6th May, 2009, 06:03 PM
Is this the latest Nabilo image for the DM500?

westkill
6th May, 2009, 06:10 PM
Is this the latest Nabilo image for the DM500?
should be here in the downloads
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Nabilosat Enigma1 DarkStar II - DM500 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/nabilosat-enigma1-darkstar-ii-dm500-320/)

Tyler9
22nd May, 2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys for your useful posts re changeing 28.4e and 0.08w to 28.2e and 1w. A friend has the same problem. I can now pass on the useful information.

Specialkcf
21st July, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I got the same problem with Darkstar II I downloaded. Will try the image listed here to see if it is different

audi0galaxy
27th November, 2009, 07:11 PM
i will try this imaged and after i will cheak if work fine or not

kopkidda
17th December, 2009, 12:06 PM
Flashed this image onto Dreambox 500s clone, it says CCcam 2.1.2 is installed yet I cant see a CCcam.cfg file in the var\etc folder, is there anyway of getting one in here?Do you have to set up anythign special in order to connect to the Nabilosat server from the Dreambox through a router?

Satkees
18th December, 2009, 10:12 PM
Hy if i put this new cam in my dm it dont start , i pickit up from nabilo server and installed it, but cam wil not startup.

What else must i do , to let run 2.1.3 .

Gr

kingu
4th January, 2010, 07:09 PM
hello, im new here.

i have darkstar 2 on my dm500...but my dm500 doesnt even work. its showing up "Darkstar 2" as a screensaver, but i cant restart the dm500 or do anything...do i have to type in a password or something

pls help me

yamar1
20th January, 2010, 09:50 PM
does anyb ody know where i can get the captains channel list, and where does it go on the nablosat image??

gam3r
23rd January, 2010, 01:54 AM
Flashed this image onto Dreambox 500s clone, it says CCcam 2.1.2 is installed yet I cant see a CCcam.cfg file in the var\etc folder, is there anyway of getting one in here?Do you have to set up anythign special in order to connect to the Nabilosat server from the Dreambox through a router?

Hy if i put this new cam in my dm it dont start , i pickit up from nabilo server and installed it, but cam wil not startup.

What else must i do , to let run 2.1.3 .

Gr

I have the same problem. With this image CCcam 2.1.2 is installed [I think] but there is no CCcam.cfg in var/etc

Is there a specific reason that cccam is included in the image? I can't even get CCcam 2.1.3 to work on it!

Can anyone recommend me an image for the DM500? Is Gemini 4.60 the best?

Adam_UK
23rd January, 2010, 02:22 AM
I use Darkstar2 and it is fine, however you can use NabiloDMVMAXVAR 0.8 I found it very good

richardsb
9th March, 2010, 08:25 PM
which image do i need for a new 500s im new to all this

zerok
14th March, 2010, 03:46 PM
thank you my friend

yamar1
14th March, 2010, 04:23 PM
I have the same problem. With this image CCcam 2.1.2 is installed [I think] but there is no CCcam.cfg in var/etc

Is there a specific reason that cccam is included in the image? I can't even get CCcam 2.1.3 to work on it!

Can anyone recommend me an image for the DM500? Is Gemini 4.60 the best?

iv been running this image for a couple of months now and the cccam 2.0.9 seems most stable.

mlabidi
14th March, 2010, 05:07 PM
is it good? Any comments from who've tried?
I have tried this image on DM 500 s.. It is a good one but unfortunately experienced some bugs . would be grateful if someone can help. Thanks

yamar1
14th March, 2010, 07:47 PM
I have tried this image on DM 500 s.. It is a good one but unfortunately experienced some bugs . would be grateful if someone can help. Thanks

if you mean freezing etc while messing round with it, its more the box i recon. imo, once you have it set up and dont need to mess with it, its quite a good, stable, decent picture image.

coopergl
3rd May, 2010, 04:46 PM
According to the rules I have to post something in order to be able to download.

I hope there's instructions somewhere here for installing the Darkstar image.

I'll be back.

stanman
18th June, 2010, 06:55 PM
Is this image clone safe?

koutsour
27th June, 2010, 08:02 AM
Hi.
I am wondering if anyone has success with scam in this build?.
thanks in advance

swanside
27th June, 2010, 08:35 AM
Hi, I must be missing something.
I have flashed my DM500s with this image, Pressed Menu. gone to Setup, but there is no menu for editing or choosing satellites. Anyway, I drop my channels list into it with DBEdit, and it says, service coukld not be found?
Any ideas please?
Cheers
Swanny

nondas1986
11th July, 2010, 01:10 AM
thnks a lot

jeddawiah
22nd July, 2010, 06:12 PM
bet image i ever usd

jeddawiah
22nd July, 2010, 06:13 PM
bet image i ever usd
bestimage i ever used

sorry

the man
22nd July, 2010, 06:36 PM
top image, the best imo

ftm2009
7th September, 2010, 12:40 PM
i flashed this image but having problems accesssing the blue panel..
when i press the blue button the screen goes black and no panel appears just goes back to tv mode.
i have installed 2.1.3CCam so am i missing anything or could it be a bad flash

girovend
7th September, 2010, 03:16 PM
i flashed this image but having problems accesssing the blue panel..
when i press the blue button the screen goes black and no panel appears just goes back to tv mode.
i have installed 2.1.3CCam so am i missing anything or could it be a bad flash

I would guess a bad flash , I've never had trouble with this image ever

smirnoff_rules
7th September, 2010, 03:35 PM
anyone still using this and is the epg still working ? cheers

alltaiar
13th September, 2010, 04:11 PM
ok thanls for this

lesta
18th September, 2010, 08:34 PM
im trying to download adons using darkstart 2 image, when i go to blue button i dont get any options for adons, any ideas why? its the cfg file im trying to download. thanks in advance.

reddevil157
18th September, 2010, 09:44 PM
im trying to download adons using darkstart 2 image, when i go to blue button i dont get any options for adons, any ideas why? its the cfg file im trying to download. thanks in advance.

Try the yellow button twice, then addons d/l manager.

lesta
19th September, 2010, 01:54 AM
great! thanks mate i got it, i found the latest file and downloaded that, then i connected my db to pc and took the cgf file out, however after looking at the cgf file in note pad i could not make any sense of it as it had few F lines few C lines etc, just wondering have i gone wrong some where? thanks in advance

hearts
22nd October, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hi I'm using this image but when I turn off the box and router it's losing all channels. Is there an option to turn off Auto Scan if this is the problem. I'm asuming it must be cos if I turn the box off and then the router and do the reverse to put it on it's fine.

smirnoff_rules
22nd October, 2010, 07:52 PM
u cant beat pli m8

reddevil157
22nd October, 2010, 10:57 PM
Hi I'm using this image but when I turn off the box and router it's losing all channels. Is there an option to turn off Auto Scan if this is the problem. I'm asuming it must be cos if I turn the box off and then the router and do the reverse to put it on it's fine.
Why do you turn your router off ?

opsmonkey
23rd October, 2010, 01:44 AM
Hi mate the Dreambox is designed to be on 24/7.. if you aren't watching it it should be left in the standby mode (red light on) also your router is designed to be left on 24/7..

If you wish to truly explore the capabilities of this box then you will need to leave it connected to the internet and on a minimum of standby

Saying that though it shouldn't be loosing all channels if it is turned off..

I've had my box current box for 3 years and it's been turned off about 10 times ;)

halim2731
27th October, 2010, 09:39 AM
The problem with this image is TimeZone....whereby my area is not listed in it....anyone can help.

father ted
27th October, 2010, 12:43 PM
great! thanks mate i got it, i found the latest file and downloaded that, then i connected my db to pc and took the cgf file out, however after looking at the cgf file in note pad i could not make any sense of it as it had few F lines few C lines etc, just wondering have i gone wrong some where? thanks in advance

what you trying to do? once you donwload cccam and ,cfg file all you need to do is add c line to your .cfg file go right down to the bottom add line tbh i use db edit once your connected you only have to right click file and press edit you dont need to take it out

standarren
7th November, 2010, 08:16 PM
does anyone no how to get the epg to work

really love the image

reddevil157
7th November, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hey stan, never had the epg going, just had now and next. In week epg only had one day's listing

standarren
7th November, 2010, 08:43 PM
Hey stan, never had the epg going, just had now and next. In week epg only had one day's listing

hi red what a shame its a great image

reddevil157
7th November, 2010, 09:57 PM
hi red what a shame its a great image
That's not to say it can't be done stan. I didn't wanna mess with the image. Yeah, it is a good image but I'm trying a different one at the mo, pli maxvar.

simos3laf
10th January, 2011, 08:52 PM
its really nice ;)

simos3laf
10th January, 2011, 08:55 PM
thxxxxxxxxxx

millernet
24th January, 2011, 11:19 AM
gud one,keep posting good post like this.thumps up mate

chiniwilli
31st January, 2011, 10:06 PM
would it be difficult to flash this image on DM500s?

fasta
5th February, 2011, 05:42 PM
hi
i want to download the nabilo darkstar 2 for dm 500

calhib
5th February, 2011, 05:50 PM
how do you install cccam 2.2.1 on this as it wont let me install it

sgvince
10th February, 2011, 11:23 AM
where can i download this image?

piopat
10th February, 2011, 11:20 PM
you can get it from the last link in my signature area ,its a great little image however it needs an up todate satellite.xml file which is easy to sort.

storm72
24th April, 2011, 03:01 PM
thanks a lot m8 ;-)

piopat
22nd July, 2011, 03:37 PM
your wellcome guys .

Rogerydh
20th November, 2011, 07:03 AM
Hi all, i tried to download image file (*.img). What do i do next? I can http into the box but its running enigma. how do i say flash pli jade into the box?

thanks in advance

nandis
27th May, 2012, 10:23 PM
"to install this image in flash Use ONLY DreamUP + serial cable and a complete flash erase.
Don't install this image in flash with flashwizard" :( I flash with dreamuplan and tomorow I will go to shop for cable null modem - dream go down :( I hope I'm not first and not last :) Hi guys ! It's my first post I hope not last :)

domirudi
12th December, 2012, 02:11 PM
HI PIOPAT
WHEN I PUT NEW IMAGE IN MY DB 500 S CLONE,IT DOESNT CONNECT IN INTERNET.WHY?

piopat
12th December, 2012, 04:28 PM
hi mate if your image is the nabilo darkstar image i suggest you change the image to the nabilo maxvar v8 image its a newer version of darkstar which i use my self and it works well . you can download it by clicking on the last link in my signature area which is near teh bottom of the this post .

also its always wise to delete the current image on a dm500s before flashing a new one , so when you open dreamup look on the right of screen where you see the word FLASH ,look just above the word FLASH and you will see FLASH ERASE (click in it ) you will be asked are you sure you want to erase (say yes ) and teh current image will be erased (it only takes a few seconds ) then you can flash the box as normal with the new image .