PDA

View Full Version : Autotuner vs Magic x17

Lucy1994
3rd November, 2018, 10:03 PM
I greet you. Does anyone have the Autotuner or Magic x17 tool? opinion for or against? which is more stable and what recommendations do you have? it's interesting to autotuner free updates, free subscriptions. I'm waiting for your answers

chli1976
4th November, 2018, 10:29 AM
I have buyed Autotuner, but should get the tool next weeks.
I think x17 covers more vehicles, but autotuner should be faster and have no subscriptions and there was a -25% action

heteromies
4th November, 2018, 10:33 AM
x17 covers a lot more ECU's. There is coming also FLEX- interface for x17, that replace interface what using now. So i believe tool is after better and faster than ever before. Interface update cost 200 eur to tool owner. Available about two month from this.

b44ly
4th November, 2018, 11:15 AM
please share -25% as i look to buy, or if anyo ecan get good deal on behalf, would be good to hear.

chli1976
4th November, 2018, 12:24 PM
The -25% action is over

Lucy1994
4th November, 2018, 01:18 PM
so in your opinion magic x17 is ok? I understand that the autotuner is more stable ... the autotuner cost 5833 euros with VAT and transport

voltechcar
4th November, 2018, 04:42 PM
and what car you have in autotuner? maybe 10% list from kess and 20% cars from X17. People buy him because not have subscription not bacuase he do more than other.

rh03
4th November, 2018, 05:51 PM
and what car you have in autotuner? maybe 10% list from kess and 20% cars from X17. People buy him because not have subscription not bacuase he do more than other.

lol "not because he do more than other" for older cars, kess is good and better, but for new cars autotuner literally crush kess, new protocols every weeks, md1/mg1 bmw and ford, big cover of tricore by obd, hitachi/valéo cover of french cars by obd etc....

Also you can't compare autotuner stability with x17...

Lucy1994
4th November, 2018, 09:24 PM
I am interested in something stable that will take away the idea of writing failure as long as possible. I'm especially interested in the bmw F series and Vag 2010 models -> .... the prices are roughly equal, but I do not know exactly what to choose

rh03
4th November, 2018, 11:51 PM
I am interested in something stable that will take away the idea of writing failure as long as possible. I'm especially interested in the bmw F series and Vag 2010 models -> .... the prices are roughly equal, but I do not know exactly what to choose

If you have money and want do 99% of cars, you should have kess/ktag/autotuner

if you want cheaper, kess/ktag or kess/autotuner, it depends what cars you do.

LaenenB
5th November, 2018, 12:13 AM
Why do you chose ktag above mms ?

Lucy1994
5th November, 2018, 09:34 AM
I have kess ktag 2.23 2.46 eu clone, fgtech, mpps etc and i want genuine tool with online update and r/w obd for new cars

Myjector
6th November, 2018, 08:45 AM
I have them both, Autotuner is really fast and good for New generation BMW F and E series.
Also for Ford and Boot protocols
X17 supports a lot more for now, but i only use for brands autotuner does not support.
But it depends on the cars you work, old crap i don't tune.
BMW, Ford, Volvo en Mercedes all work fine with autotuner.
If you have a clone tool you can use Ktag for older cars to be safe.
Try to flash EDC17C41 with original Kess.... compare it with Autotuner.
If i was you, start with Autotuner.
Work with Ktag for older cars

Lucy1994
7th November, 2018, 01:04 PM
I understand that it works very well on the bmw series E F G and the read / write speed is very good. I work in parallel with clones kess ktag fgtech v54 0475 and mpps. I opt to x17 that I found to buy without paying you and shipping. the idea is that it completes magically with the other instruments. and I heard that magic would soon release the flex version that will start at $ 10000 and who bought the Pro2 version can make the flex update with 200 € ... I think I remain at the magic, seems promising

heteromies
7th November, 2018, 04:46 PM
I understand that it works very well on the bmw series E F G and the read / write speed is very good. I work in parallel with clones kess ktag fgtech v54 0475 and mpps. I opt to x17 that I found to buy without paying you and shipping. the idea is that it completes magically with the other instruments. and I heard that magic would soon release the flex version that will start at $ 10000 and who bought the Pro2 version can make the flex update with 200 € ... I think I remain at the magic, seems promising

Yes, this is just for start what coming in future from x17 ;)

chli1976
11th November, 2018, 04:41 PM
please share -25% as i look to buy, or if anyo ecan get good deal on behalf, would be good to hear.

On MHH they would organize secound -25% offer. If it`s allowed i can post a link.

Member of MHH speak with Autotuner Team and they says they will relase soon EDC17 boot protocol without opening ECU

b44ly
11th November, 2018, 06:37 PM
pm me if have link.

auto techniek
12th November, 2018, 09:50 AM
I m also have to make a decision which one to buy.

It is very risky to buy a tool with a free longlife updates.

Summa
12th November, 2018, 10:22 AM
On MHH they would organize secound -25% offer. If it`s allowed i can post a link.

No, there is no confirmed by AT any discount group yet.

pollonzo
16th November, 2018, 12:23 PM
Read and write with Flex tool is very fast ...on youtube video only 25 second....x17 is old hw...autotuner is released like 1 year ago

b44ly
16th November, 2018, 03:26 PM
WS CMD flash free update when it first release. Then came slowly subscription. CMD is hurting long time customer with still high renew subscription. Don't matter if you have 1 or 50 tool with them. I hear autotuner hurting cmd flash

vlado kljucar
16th November, 2018, 03:30 PM
autotuner for sure

heteromies
16th November, 2018, 08:48 PM
Autotuner poor FULL OBD support. Most ECU need open first?

Autotuner no gearbox support?

Autotuner no ECU cloning?

rh03
17th November, 2018, 05:30 AM
I will buy autotuner soon, so I searched and found information concerning the tool.

Actually they are on medc17 on bench solution without openning, also dsg gearbox are in their long "to do list", maybe zf8hp bmw ? good question I don't know...
On the gearbox, it can handle renault dc4 gearbox.
Cloning is possible for the ECU which are compatible with cloning.
For the free longlife update, I'm not worried, the company who create and develop Autotuner is one of the bigger tuning company and lots of their resellers use Autotuner.

Also they develop their own protocols, and not buy solutions to external developpers

I look forward to buy soon my Autotuner

VAGdiagnose
14th February, 2019, 12:17 PM
What's a wise decision. Flex does not have have OBD support yet and X17 is older hardware that will get replaced soon. Go for Autotuner or get Flexx and wait for OBD support? I'm not really in a hurry, but i don't want to wait a year before the OBD protocol get's released. Autotuner does not have annual costs but magicmotorsport gives credits for free mods.

Looking for a fast and stable tool working with OBD mainly, but with the possibility to work with bench/boot in case of trouble when a unit get's stuck or bricked.

What can you guys advice between these two tools?

Thanks!

VAGdiagnose
14th March, 2019, 12:02 AM
What's a wise decision. Flex does not have have OBD support yet and X17 is older hardware that will get replaced soon. Go for Autotuner or get Flexx and wait for OBD support? I'm not really in a hurry, but i don't want to wait a year before the OBD protocol get's released. Autotuner does not have annual costs but magicmotorsport gives credits for free mods.

Looking for a fast and stable tool working with OBD mainly, but with the possibility to work with bench/boot in case of trouble when a unit get's stuck or bricked.

What can you guys advice between these two tools?

Thanks!

Anyone? [emoji3]

figani
14th March, 2019, 08:16 AM
Flex, X17, Autotuner... which is better, faster, a.s.o.
you have to check what will you do with the tool...
older ECU´s.... impossible with Autotuner at the moment and or Flex...
Newer ECU´s without opening... better Autotuner and or Flex...

and when you want to work with them professional... one will not be enough...

there is no perfect answer and not only one answer on your question...

sniegavirs
20th April, 2019, 01:05 PM
I am going with autotuner. I have clone MPPS/KESS/KTAG for older cars but for newer cars that are more expensive to brick i decided that i need something good with good support if something happens. I was looking at MAGPRO at first but my friend has X17 and FLEX and at the moment MAGPRO will be switching fully to FLEX hardware because x17 is old but FLEX still has small amount of protocols so there is no knowing what will be the actual future for FLEX. Also subscription is another thing that made me go with autotuner. MAGPRO is with bigger price and that yearly sub 800+VAT is a lot. With autotuner i was concerned at the beginning about that they get money only from main sales and no annual income but the i researched how FR-TEAM Autotuner is working/developing and who is working with them then it should be no worries about them screwing their customers like Abrites.... So yeah... Waiting for my Autotuner tool to be delivered.. :encouragement: