PDA

View Full Version : ek1 civic and its dip64

have fun
6th November, 2018, 08:37 AM
looking at the ek1 civic, the chances that the dip64 in the p2k can be pulled and read seems small. is there a way to develop this classic rice burner... pinout for carprog perhaps?

98 model pre obd2 non vtec d16y4

as a side note, years ago i had an na non vtec crv that got swamped with water and ate pins off the ecu, after that it went so quick it was just killing the clutch. a new ecu made a check engine light that wouldnt go away so it stayed with its red hot ecu.

have fun
7th November, 2018, 02:24 PM
looking on hondash.net the p2k is neither obd 0,1 or 2 it has 2 grey plugs and a jtag two pin? that i have seen on other hondas, easy diagnostics. i can blow the front off this car if anyone knows how to advance the timing on this one and dump fuel into it. i have a rt809h that i can poke in there if anyones got a few pointers? have carprog etc.

have fun
10th November, 2018, 01:42 PM
the plug is obd2a and requires an adapter or a cut and solder with pinout diagram to the obd1 or p72 ecu.

you would buy an adapter and the easily chippable ecu and cut the adapter and solder it to the wiring harness.

i found a couple of pinout obd pics that would cover the job.

have fun
13th November, 2018, 02:18 AM
best way to handle the performace of this car is with an obd1 ecu modified with extra chips and obviously the adapter kit sells about 17aud. all in all there are companies doing a kitted ecu for about the same price as guys are asking for a used obd1 ie the p72 ecu.

a diy should be able to get out of it (total control) for 300aud easy.