PDA

View Full Version : google release browser supposedly better than firefox?

davemac82
2nd September, 2008, 09:49 PM
google released a new browser called google chrome and micros*ft and m*zilla are shitting their pants i just downloaded it Google Chrome - Download a new browser (http://www.google.com/chrome) and it seems ok but this forum doesnt seem to want to work on it.

what do you guys think about google chrome.

Devilfish
2nd September, 2008, 11:14 PM
Cheers, just installing it now.

EDIT:

First impressions are that it's FAST! Not impressed with the right click options. Will need to try it for a few days. I need right click options lol not even a reload page or refresh option. It's gotta be customizable somewhere.

.: JaCkPoT :.
2nd September, 2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks alot

cgscott
2nd September, 2008, 11:50 PM
but i dont think this is. very simple browser but not as much feratures as firefox.

Baaheeduk
5th September, 2008, 12:16 PM
Been using it for a few days at work now and I like it. I've always had a problem with Firefox loading images slowly so binned it.

Still using IE at home but will continue to use Chrome at work. Taking into consideration its still a first Beta offering, I think it will leave the other browsers standing once fully released.

Rumour has it that Google also plan to release an operation system :)

C64
5th September, 2008, 12:43 PM
I really like it, I love the 'Incognito' mode aswell.

Nice simple browser, I'll be keeping it.

Parisno
8th September, 2008, 02:43 PM
Like the simple clean look, but seems to use ie settings - is this just a "Skin" for ie?

DavC
8th September, 2008, 03:37 PM
can we have the question re-worded please...

can't have a yes or no answer to that question!

had a quick go but quickly uninstalled it, due to a very bad EULA and a security hole. I like google but wasnt impressed with the browser, might give it another go when it's the official release.

and i think the OS they are working on is android which is going to be big on the mobile phone platform. should be something to rival the iphone anyway

BigBaloo
8th September, 2008, 07:58 PM
I liked the fast installation, but after that its too simplistic..... perhaps I'm just institutionalised with Firefox, but I was looking for the bookmarks and the new tab functions, as well as the google search bar immediately and it was annoying me.....

i've returned to what I know, but its still there should I be adventurous!

dazza78
9th September, 2008, 05:23 PM
just downloaded it myself
ill admit it does look very basic
ill give it a go but cant see me sticking with it

dazza