PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall CD30 upgrade to CD70 - tech2

caveman_nige
3rd December, 2009, 06:40 PM
I currently have a CD30 stereo unit installed in a 2005 (facelift) vauxhall/opel am and thinking of upgrading it to the CD70 unit that has the satnav etc.. IF the CD70 unit on offer has not been 'divorced' from the original donor car using tech2, does this mean i will not be able to have it fitted and setup in my car using tech2. Basically if such items are not properly removed using tech2 are they then useless to buy?

Okino
5th December, 2009, 05:35 PM
Yes, I believe you are correct, it needs to be divorced using Tech 2.

lupu_sandu
5th December, 2009, 06:03 PM
It possible.
Even CD70navi was not "divorced" with tech2, can be make "virgin".
You must read 24c64. Is located below navi mechanism.

Patrian
6th December, 2009, 06:38 AM
Hi "Lover" Admin.....

The right procedure to upgrade your "Sound System" is:

For all those you need the Tech2 + CANDi + "YOUR" Security Code

1. "RESET" your OLD CD30 Sound System
2. "RESET" your Board Computer
3. "RESET" your Climate Control

Now the procedure to Programming your "NEW" Sound System CD70:

IF the CD70 it's "USED" and NOT "RESET" from the other owner you can "RESET" it NOW with this procedure:

1. Plug in the CD70 in your Harness
2. Go on the Tech2 menu about the Sound System and read the VIN that it has
3. Try to find the Security Code for this VIN from the "Knowing" people (Dealers, Central Offices etc.)
4. "RESET" now the CD70 and use THAT Security Code that you find
5. "PROGRAMMING" now the CD70 with "YOUR" Security Code
6. "PROGRAMMING" your Board Computer
7. "PROGRAMMING" your Climate Control

IF the the CD70 it's "NEW" you following the steps from 5. and then!!!!!

Enjoy your "NEW" Upgrade Music!!!!! :) :) :)

Cheers!!!!! :beer:

mark8
7th December, 2009, 12:11 AM
hi
you can upgrade your to a cd70 without tech2
if you get the headunit and screen that are paired together.

its just plug and play as long as you buy the allready paired units

caveman_nige
7th December, 2009, 11:49 PM
I do not have access to a tech2 and would not know what i was doing with it if i had one.. I can get a paired screen and head unit (apparently 'divorced' for the original car). I have the pin code for my car and was hoping to just be able to plug it into my own car... I guess i will have to hunt around and buy the gps unit seperately along with the sat nav cd...

Still not sure whether to do this or if its better for me to pay but i reckon that will not be a cheap job..

Thanks for all the replies so far, its making me think this may be worth doing, so long as i can buy the CD70+screen for a good price..

s5zax
8th December, 2009, 12:28 PM
Even screen and radio are paired you have to change can bus configuration,variant coding and code index options under DIS and EHU (unless the donor car is same with yours). So tech 2 is also needed.
If screen is a Colour Info Display you will also need this cable:
Opel RGB Kabel Umr?stung CID Farbmonitor Astra Zafira bei eBay.de: Kabel Stecker (endet 01.01.10 14:20:10 MEZ) (http://cgi.ebay.de/Opel-RGB-Kabel-Umruestung-CID-Farbmonitor-Astra-Zafira_W0QQitemZ370300396950QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKab el_Stecker?hash=item56379fa596)
You can buy it also from an Opel dealer (62 94 476 part No and around 130 euros)
For the GPS antenna try to find a Fakra GPS antenna. There are a lot on ebay.

Meat-Head
8th December, 2009, 08:09 PM
Just for reference <another peach>
had a guy from 'Meat-Headshire Vauxhall Ltd' in about a year ago
and he said that he has had 1 (2) whichever way you look at it, where the stereos only have been swapped <peach> in a Vectra C and it destroyed both radios and both body computers, but then
a):canabis: is what he does for fun:canabis:
b) Only heard this story the once
c) Chances are it would have been half a story,

:sheep::sheep::toilet:

u.s
8th December, 2009, 08:39 PM
can all this 'divorcing' and 'marrying' of head units be done using OP-COM?

PremierD
8th December, 2009, 08:45 PM
Just for reference <another peach>
had a guy from 'Meat-Headshire Vauxhall Ltd' in about a year ago
and he said that he has had 1 (2) whichever way you look at it, where the stereos only have been swapped <peach> in a Vectra C and it destroyed both radios and both body computers, but then
a):canabis: is what he does for fun:canabis:
b) Only heard this story the once
c) Chances are it would have been half a story,

:sheep::sheep::toilet:
If you have a Faulty say CD 30 ( and there are lots of them out there That Stay powered up ,or come on the middle of the night ... and flatten the fcuk out off your battery) Get your self a second hand one (preferably not with the above mentioned fault ) Open your gubbed radio and swap the 95640 eeprom to the New / secondhand one ... and all will be well mate ....It dont need to be divorced ( or even trial separated) from your vehicle ....:canabis:

caveman_nige
10th December, 2009, 11:40 AM
on the strength of what i have read here i went ahead and bought the CD70 unit (it is the colour screen job and does have the RBG cable to connect it) to replace my CD30.. However when it comes to this tech2 or Op-com stuff, thats not my area of expertise so I guess I am going to have to find a nice friendly car stereo shop or auto electrician to fit this sucker for me... I guess i could buy the kit and learn but it will cost just as much to pay somebody who knows what they are doing..

Found this elsewhere on the net
'Might be different on the astra but on VECTRA's there is no need to divorce the screen from donor car first,the screen and HU are paired together using a code and has nothing to do with the car what so ever,in fact you could easily setup a CD70 and CID out of car with a battery'.
So as long as you have the code for the screen any tech2 technician can de-pair it

Thanks guys..

Now i just need to find a recent copy of the Navteq CD for the Sat Nav now...

caveman_nige
27th December, 2009, 04:02 PM
just as an update the CD70 just goes straight in, no tech2 required.. i had a gps antennae connection hanging around in behind the CD30 that i was not aware of so it seems this car was supposed to have cd70 at some point (shame i have bought a fakra gps aerial from ebay to do this).. furthermore my climate control now interfaces with the screen as well so it must have had one at some point..

just wish i could find a download for the navteq UK map cd...

PremierD
27th December, 2009, 04:16 PM
just as an update the CD70 just goes straight in, no tech2 required.. i had a gps antennae connection hanging around in behind the CD30 that i was not aware of so it seems this car was supposed to have cd70 at some point (shame i have bought a fakra gps aerial from ebay to do this).. furthermore my climate control now interfaces with the screen as well so it must have had one at some point..

just wish i could find a download for the navteq UK map cd...

Checking with my Vauxhall contact tomorrow mate ....

acorndave
24th April, 2010, 06:38 PM
Hi "Lover" Admin.....

The right procedure to upgrade your "Sound System" is:

For all those you need the Tech2 + CANDi + "YOUR" Security Code

1. "RESET" your OLD CD30 Sound System
2. "RESET" your Board Computer
3. "RESET" your Climate Control

Now the procedure to Programming your "NEW" Sound System CD70:

IF the CD70 it's "USED" and NOT "RESET" from the other owner you can "RESET" it NOW with this procedure:

1. Plug in the CD70 in your Harness
2. Go on the Tech2 menu about the Sound System and read the VIN that it has
3. Try to find the Security Code for this VIN from the "Knowing" people (Dealers, Central Offices etc.)
4. "RESET" now the CD70 and use THAT Security Code that you find
5. "PROGRAMMING" now the CD70 with "YOUR" Security Code
6. "PROGRAMMING" your Board Computer
7. "PROGRAMMING" your Climate Control

IF the the CD70 it's "NEW" you following the steps from 5. and then!!!!!

Enjoy your "NEW" Upgrade Music!!!!! :) :) :)

Cheers!!!!! :beer:
Is there a similar technique to re-program a CID screen when it has not been 'divorced' from the original car please ?

s5zax
25th April, 2010, 09:14 PM
Reset your current EHU, then reset your current DIS. Remove your EHU and DIS. Plug the colour display. With tech 2 go to:
Infotainment system-->DIS-->Special functions-->Read ECU Identification. Then read the VIN number of the vehicle that your display has been programmed. With the VIN number try to find the 4 digit pin code from an opel dealer (you will be charged for that). With this pin code go to infotainment system-->>DIS-->>Programming-->>Reset ECU. Then program your DIS with your cars pin code and finally plug your EHU and program it to your new display.

donovan2123
12th May, 2010, 09:41 PM
Can divorcing and marrying be done with opcom and if so how?

Arwy
6th July, 2010, 08:52 PM
How re-program a CID screen when it has not been 'divorced' from the original car in Astra G (MK4) please?

robsey
16th July, 2010, 01:12 AM
How re-program a CID screen when it has not been 'divorced' from the original car in Astra G (MK4) please?

Same as detailed for Vectra-C

Put your new screen in, read off the vin No, ask expensive Mr Vauxhall for the code (approx ?15 to ?25).
Then use this code to reset the screen to divorced / unpaired state.
Then program it in to your car and head-unit with your car's audio pass code.
Don't forget to program the screen with code index and variance coding to suit your car's set-up.
(You could find the majority of these details from the original screen)

Arwy
1st August, 2010, 04:17 PM
Tech II no offers reset in menu for CID Astra G. Inex codes can be changed (for engine and Opel/Vauxhall).
CID is Siemens 5wk70130, GM 24459629.

robsey
2nd August, 2010, 02:22 AM
Any decent tech 2 programmer should know the correct procedure and attributes to reset the screen "DIS" to divorced / delivery state.

Do note though, that an Astra screen will not program to Vectra Code Indexing (and vice versa). (Wiring differences, due to different modules being used for data translation / transmission onto the CAN system)

Have you tried searching the Astra-H or Vectra-C forums?

I am a regular on Vectra-C, and I know there are loads of posts on this topic. Including installing a screen with tech 2 and also enabling BC via the code indexing.

Also regarding the retrofitting of a CD70 with screen into a Vectra-c, then this is virtually just plug and play, however if you are upgrading from TID, then you may need an extra red and an extra brown wire in the display connector.
The easiest way to do this, is to link pins 1 and 2, and then link pins 3 and 5.

I have done this twice now with units paired from other vehicles with no problem.
One into a Vectra-C, and the other into a Mk3 Cavalier.