PDA

View Full Version : connection problems.

bobbybritt
4th December, 2009, 11:50 AM
hi, just set up wireless connection from router shose signal exccelent but when i connect to internet explorer ican not connect home page is set to msn.

cgscott
4th December, 2009, 11:52 AM
hi, just set up wireless connection from router shose signal exccelent but when i connect to internet explorer ican not connect home page is set to msn.

Click tools, Internet options.

You will see the homepage.

Type in or copy and paste in the page you would like to see.

Then click apply and its hsould now have changed.

dasteph
4th December, 2009, 11:57 AM
is encrypted or open wifi.

bobbybritt
4th December, 2009, 12:24 PM
hi if i type in google.com for my homepage will that give me a wireless connection through internt explorer. thanks

caveman_nige
4th December, 2009, 12:55 PM
can you get any internet/webpage from you PC?

dasteph
4th December, 2009, 12:55 PM
if your home page is set to msn it should auto connect to it if the settings in the router allow it.
you cannot just plug in a router even with a good signal and expect you pc to connect with it without configuring the router first.

bobbybritt
4th December, 2009, 01:19 PM
hi no i have a wireless connection through usb donngle shows connectivity as verry good but can not connect via internet explorer. thanks

caveman_nige
4th December, 2009, 01:47 PM
what internet browser do you use? go into tools/options and delete your temporary internet files for a start..

if you still get issues go start/run type in cmd and hit enter to get a up a command prompt.. type in there ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter... then try your browser again.. let us know what happens and we can start taking you through the next steps if they are needed..

bobbybritt
4th December, 2009, 05:08 PM
hi nige problem sorted thank you

caveman_nige
7th December, 2009, 11:51 PM
your welcome, I am happy we could help you..