PDA

View Full Version : Trouble recording on hard drive EX5000

sunflower3101
3rd September, 2008, 10:14 PM
This useless box seems jinxed!!! I have tried to record a programme, the screen goes black says it is recording but then can't see the programme I am recording!! Also, it will show that is has recorded in the menu but won't play back!! Any ideas?? I have the lastest firmware 1.1A and have removed and pushed back in the hard drive. It worked yesterday, but not today. I am wishing I had never bought this piece of junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any advice to convince me otherwise greatly appreciated. Thanks

PhillyRob
7th September, 2008, 04:12 PM
Same here - recording worked for a day then whenever i try to record anything it looks as though its going to work (says REC on the display) then screen goes black and recording stops. It is saved in the PVR menu but always 4 seconds and no picture. Have tried timer recording, time shift, just pressing record, deleted all previous recordings, taken out the hard disk and put it back in... everythnig i can think of...!

Also, after having the box on for a couple of hours all the channels start to lose signal and eventually get 'no signal' message or too blocky to watch...

Not impressed...