PDA

View Full Version : fod everest 2016

sagie
24th November, 2018, 11:55 AM
hello guys, i have a 2016 ford everest came for mileage. i used hot air and tried removing 93c86 chip for a while and failed. i decided to read data and try and save in-circuit just in case something goes wrong (big mistake). it read with errors. for some reason i just failed to remove the chip. i decided to put dash back and car starts but there are errors on the screen. diagnostic failed to clear errors. one fault in ecu CAN INITIALISATION FAILURE and about 5 errors on instrument cluster about can faults does not want to clear. i think chip got corrupted while reading in-circuit. this dash is same as ford ranger wildtrack with screen on both sides -93c86.
1) is there a way to repair this.
2) also is it possible to fix this with ford tool online as i have a friend who has acess to ford online

any advice will be appreciated,

Cllau
24th November, 2018, 03:40 PM
after trying to remove did you try to solder back? maybe you have bad contact now with the board....:captain:

sagie
24th November, 2018, 08:42 PM
hi,never remove chip at all, i read in-circuit and it read with errors so i think it wiped some data by doing that. i did not remove chip and never try to write, read only. if i flash online,will that fix it or do i need to remove chip and fix data somehow maybe by another dump