PDA

View Full Version : Flashing DM500s with Dreamup

cimi1234
4th September, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hi Guys !

Yesterday I tried to flash a DM500s of my friend who claimed that he had some noise problems with it(freezing etc). I downloaded the darkstar II image and when I tried to flash with Dreamup it failed.I tried to reconnect it many times but without success. Then I tried to connect my DM500s it it was connected with the first try so the cable was ok.
The DM500s can be switched on and its working! What might cause that problem ? If I flash its bootloader (jtag-ing) can that problem be fixed ?
Any suggestion ?

Thanks for your help !

Regards !
Cimi

Devilfish
4th September, 2008, 04:11 PM
Maybe try another version of dreamup?

Jtagging it might fix it but I couldn't say for sure.

cimi1234
5th September, 2008, 10:15 AM
Maybe try another version of dreamup?

Jtagging it might fix it but I couldn't say for sure.

Thank you for your suggestion !

By the way i found that Sat Dreambox Section is not so good organized in terms of group links.For example there might be specific rooms for Tools such as dreamup etc, Images such as nabilo,eagle,etc and so on.
With such organization of data the possibility to disperse inside the info will be reduced and it will take less time for every user to find the appropriate and needed info.

Regards !
Cimi

cimi1234
6th September, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hi again !

Downloaded the last version of Dreamup from download section and suddenly the DM500s has been connected !!
I flashed it with the DarkstarII image,but it can not find channels while was searching.It has a Philips tuner installed. Is there any sw or command to test the tuner ?

Thank you for your help !

Best Regards !
Cimi

^^MaXiMo II^^
6th September, 2008, 12:59 PM
try to upload some prepared settings first

Curious123
6th September, 2008, 10:55 PM
Thank you for your suggestion !

By the way i found that Sat Dreambox Section is not so good organized in terms of group links.For example there might be specific rooms for Tools such as dreamup etc, Images such as nabilo,eagle,etc and so on.
With such organization of data the possibility to disperse inside the info will be reduced and it will take less time for every user to find the appropriate and needed info.

Regards !
Cimi

That organization is called the 'Download section' check it out you might find it is quite well organized. lol

<--Curious123 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...-->

Hi again !

Downloaded the last version of Dreamup from download section and suddenly the DM500s has been connected !!
I flashed it with the DarkstarII image,but it can not find channels while was searching.It has a Philips tuner installed. Is there any sw or command to test the tuner ?

Thank you for your help !

Best Regards !
Cimi

I flashed the Nabilo darkstar II on my dm500 and had the same problem so went back to Nabilo sat max var .8

^^MaXiMo II^^
6th September, 2008, 11:00 PM
I flashed the Nabilo darkstar II on my dm500 and had the same problem so went back to Nabilo sat max var .8
this is really strange i have flashed darkstar II in many box and never came across this.
I will make more tests.
have you tried to download some ready settings from yellow panel ????

Curious123
6th September, 2008, 11:08 PM
I used the Captian settings first that I downloaded from his site and that didn't quite work. But I couldn't get any channels to clear on the image not even the FTA. I did like the look of the darkstar II image but when nothing worked on my box I swithced back to nabilo .8

^^MaXiMo II^^
7th September, 2008, 06:17 PM
@curious123
i tested on a 500 Vhannibal captain and cyrus settings they all work great for me
i prepared a captain settings in nab.tgz pack for you to have a go if you want
put it in temp and install manual from yellow panel.
let me know how you got on
ciaoooo

Curious123
7th September, 2008, 07:03 PM
I flashed it a couple of times but for some starnge reason I just could not get a picture on my DM500 even though I thought I had loaded all the keys and cams. Someone wants to buy my Dm500 so I will probably not bother trying it again on the dm500. I am currently in two minds about ordering a clone DM800 or to go for a clone dm600. Once I have made my mind up and brought a box I will try it again. Thanks for the bouquets.

jbvid
7th September, 2008, 07:45 PM
@Curious123
Hi,
Any hint as to where to find the clone dm800 or 600?
jbvid

Curious123
7th September, 2008, 10:15 PM
@Curious123
Hi,
Any hint as to where to find the clone dm800 or 600?
jbvid

Not brought anything from them myself so please don't take this any way endorsing their site but checkout dvbseller m8.

cimi1234
9th September, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hello !

When I suggested an organization of data into sections I was referring to topics which are open for discussion in Sat Dreambox section.
Anyway that was just a suggestion.

That organization is called the 'Download section' check it out you might find it is quite well organized. lol

<--Curious123 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...-->

Curious123
9th September, 2008, 01:36 PM
Apologies for the misunderstanding.

aime
22nd October, 2009, 05:36 PM
hi cimii think good image for 500s is nabilo or eable

junegood
29th October, 2009, 10:28 AM
how do you get the switch lock on the dm500?

mtyke
13th December, 2009, 04:21 AM
hi all where would i get an image file for the dm500

rajiv03
24th August, 2011, 10:59 PM
What is a good image for dreambox 500s?
i was planning to use PLI image. Is PLI better than Gemini

chavslav
25th August, 2011, 08:32 AM
hi all where would i get an image file for the dm500 i have gemini 4.2 in the downloads section mate, had darkstar 11 but glitched so reflashed,

kaceemckay
10th January, 2012, 07:10 PM
anyone got a link to download other cable box modz

smoggie
10th January, 2012, 08:11 PM
have a look in the download section Digital Kaos - Downloads (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php)