PDA

View Full Version : Dreamup Error:cant find any com port-aborting Window 7

boltakal
5th December, 2009, 11:13 PM
Im trying to flash my Dreambox 800 HD Pvr. When im runing Dreamup program get msg . Error:cant find any com port-aborting unable to open Dreamup program , im using Window 7 anyone help here

Thanks
Boltakal

dank76
5th December, 2009, 11:20 PM
Im trying to flash my Dreambox 800 HD Pvr. When im runing Dreamup program get msg . Error:cant find any com port-aborting unable to open Dreamup program , im using Window 7 anyone help here

Thanks
Boltakal

ive had same problem with xp how do u get your computer to find port 1 to put dream up on ?

Ziess
5th December, 2009, 11:44 PM
I've gotta think a bit, I got my Windows in Swedish, so the traslations could be wrong... but you need to go to Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager and find "Ports (COM and LPT). Open the Properties for the COM port, click on Advanced and force it to COM1, or whatever you desire. Anyway, thats the way I did it..

Good Luck!

boltakal
6th December, 2009, 01:55 AM
I've gotta think a bit, I got my Windows in Swedish, so the traslations could be wrong... but you need to go to Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager and find "Ports (COM and LPT). Open the Properties for the COM port, click on Advanced and force it to COM1, or whatever you desire. Anyway, thats the way I did it..

Good Luck!

Can not find on my window 7 Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager . can not see "Ports (COM and LPT) ?

Please help me step by step..
Thanks
Boltakal

opsmonkey
6th December, 2009, 02:04 AM
Windows 7

Control Pannel
System & Security
System
Device Manager

boltakal
6th December, 2009, 03:05 AM
Windows 7

Control Pannel
System & Security
System
Device Manager

Sorry my write wrong . i can find all that Control Pannel
System & Security
System
Device Manager.

Wher next ?
can not find "Ports (COM and LPT)?

please 1 time more help ned...

Thanks

opsmonkey
6th December, 2009, 07:38 PM
they should be listed as seen by the screen shot below

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/deviceports.png

dank76
6th December, 2009, 09:52 PM
they should be listed as seen by the screen shot below

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk313/cpw1978/deviceports.png

cant find mine ? i have been to control panel device manager and no ports come up

opsmonkey
6th December, 2009, 10:48 PM
have you checked to see if your PC has and serial ports..??
If it has then have you checked your drivers for them or for any usb adapter you maybe using

boltakal
6th December, 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks
Work find her...

Thanks
Boltakal

jenkola
31st October, 2013, 11:44 AM
You can create a "virtual" serial port on your Windows 7 or 8 PC to trick dreamup. Google free virtual ports and you should find what you need.

digicon
31st October, 2013, 01:52 PM
Thread is 4 years Old, I think this problem may have been solved in all that time