PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Keegan resigns

krazylegz
4th September, 2008, 06:56 PM
KK has resigned from newcastle united.

should have been that fat pr*ck and the arseh**e poisend dwarf wise who went.

loads of fans will give up their tickets now

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th September, 2008, 07:39 PM
Finally gotx the correct news. What now for the toons. I think many players will leave as well as the loyalty of fans

Raven
4th September, 2008, 07:41 PM
Revolt on Tyneside - I wonder why Keegan even took or remained in the job at all when Wise was in charge of player transfers, for a manager of the team that's about the same as tying both arms behind the back and saying knock em dead. It ain't gonna happen, I'm just surprised Keegan allowed it because I honestly believe most managers would be up in arms and really kicking off about something like that.....Keegan was no more than a first team coach at Newcastle United by the looks of things and yet because he had the managers badge all the flak came onto his shoulders which is a highly unfair position to be in I think. Do you think Ferguson, Wenger, Scolari, Mourinho or even Allardyce or Keane would stick around if their clubs suggested that they wouldn't be allowed to make the transfer decisions on the team they are in charge of ? I think not.

Does make you wonder where Newcastle go from here, to be honest while Mike Ashley is in charge I think it's only a matter of time before Newcastle are relegated due to a player mass exodus, personally I think they are on borrowed time as it is and with the players they have and for a club of it's stature it's a real shame to see it happen....but as West Ham and Leeds United proved no club is too good or too big to be relegated from the Premiership.

krazylegz
4th September, 2008, 07:46 PM
others managers have already left because of this, mourinho left chelsea, curbishley left westham yesterday and now KK.

to be totally hones raven m8 its just a pi$$ take and no manager in the right mind would want to come to operate like that, he would have to be a total yes man.

personally i hope all the fans stop going to the matches and it will hit ashley hard (in the pocket) and force him to sell the club as hes a co*k

aftermath
4th September, 2008, 07:49 PM
Time for Ashley to resign and let Newcastle become the big club they once was.

Sickening day for newcastle fans.

They deserve more than this.

Bulld0g
4th September, 2008, 07:55 PM
Time for Ashley to resign and let Newcastle become the big club they once was.

Sickening day for newcastle fans.

They deserve more than this.

Not being funny m8 but when were Newcastle EVER a big club ;)

aftermath
4th September, 2008, 08:42 PM
support wise, they are one of the best, and still on the short list for richest clubs in the world.

so you tell me if they were not and for what reason. ?

Maybe they never won much for a lot of years, but not many other clubs in the premiership have too, apart from Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal. Even though Liverpool are classed as a big club, even they have never won the Premiership.

It was the 1960s when Newcastle were as big as the other 4 big UK clubs, winning FA cups , and the fairs cup ( uefa cup )

Bulld0g
4th September, 2008, 09:45 PM
Having a big following doesn't make you a big club m8. Winning trophies does. Yes they have fantastic support and to turn out in their thousands to watch a team that hasn't won a trophy for nearly 40 years is commendable. Btw it was 1969 when they won the fairs cup and the 50's when they won the FA cup.
Notts forest had a spell in the late 70's when they won the European cup twice, are they a big club ?
Oh and one more thing m8 League Div1 champions is the same as Premier league champions, same as the European cup is equal to the Champions league.So whlist your right about Liverpool not winning the Premiership i'm sure your well aware that we have won the league 18 times and we are THE most successful club in English football.:party :

aftermath
4th September, 2008, 09:58 PM
big club = big club

rich club , big support e.t.c. = big club

so you telling me , that winning a trophy or 2, makes you a bigger club.

So that makes portsmouth a bigger club than newcastle because they won the FA cup last year ( not a hope in hells chance ).

Newcastle on Paper is classed as a big club, one that is capable to compete for honours ,

They have a great support , and have a massive history, so they sure are classed as a big club, there are not many left. ?
Man Utd
Chelsea
Arsenal
Spurs
Villa
Oh and i nearly forgot Liverpool. lol , joking mate

after that m8
Leeds
Forest

Raven
4th September, 2008, 11:12 PM
Agreed, a big club is a club which has been synonymous (sp ?) with the top 6 of the Premier League in previous years and/or had a spell as a major club in the history like Liverpool and Leeds have, Newcastle much like Leeds are or rather were constantly a top six side in their most recent prime (talking about the time NUFC had Shearer,Dyer,Solano,Bellamy etc and when LUFC had Kewell, Bowyer, Viduka etc when all those players for both clubs were in their prime)....that is what I think constitues a big club in modern day football, how synonymous they are with the top six in recent history rather than with bygone eras like some other clubs for example Liverpool and Leeds.

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th September, 2008, 11:23 PM
Do you think Wenger, would stick around if his club suggested that if wouldn't be allowed to make the transfer decisions on arsenal? I think not.

Shows you why arsenal get all the little babies. Im starting to hate wenger but may be hes not getting enough to spend.

Raven
4th September, 2008, 11:33 PM
I disagree slightly, I like Arsene Wenger's style I think he is a true advocate of what a football manager should be....try to bring the youths through and spot talented bargains, don't spend beyond your means or pay silly money, and try to present yourself at all times with calm and a little decorum. Stark contrast to Ferguson who for me is just an arrogent c*nt, Wenger for me is a true advert for football managers everywhere....and I'm not even an Arsenal supporter even though I love watching them play football.

And I don't care what anybody says, Wenger has proven time and time again that you don't need to spend lots of money for good players or attractive football IF you know what you are doing and are willing to invest alot of time and energy and getting your hands dirty.

Arsenal pulled off a real coup when they signed him and the fans should feel happy and priveliged to have a manager of such class, both in talent and personality.

yorkshirelad
7th September, 2008, 12:53 PM
Badly run club.
Quitter of a manager.
Sounds like owner wants rid and doesn't want to splash cash - why would you if your selling.
Keegan lost the plot though - wanted beckham,henry...........goes on.

Raven
7th September, 2008, 01:20 PM
He had no chance of signing Lampard but maybe Henry and Beckham if they could afford their wages, in any case Keegan is right to go for big names but it's wether he can persuade them to go to Tyneside and to a club who haven't won a major trophy in years and don't look like it either.....of course it doesn't help when your club owner would rather spend his money in a nightclub boozing rather than on the club he owns. I think Mike Ashley is only in the game for the ride, personally I don't think he cares and he like Joey Barton are bad adverts for football and have no place being there because they are so unprofessional to say the least, we all know about Barton's antics but seriously apart from Mike Ashley name one club chairman/owner who stands in the crowd with the fans and drinks beer and then goes out on the lash after he sacks a manager and allows himself to be caught out like that.

I think there's alot of people in football who shouldn't be where they are, don't even get me started on Jermaine Defoe in the England team or Sepp Blatter as FIFA president, talk about incompetent.