PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500s or Linux Blackbox 500s

thezafiraman
4th September, 2008, 08:29 PM
I want to buy a new Dreambox and have seen ads for the Linix Blackbox on this site.Has anyone got one and are they any better than a Dreambox 500s.? All input appreciated.

Devilfish
4th September, 2008, 08:37 PM
They are exactly the same as the dm500 only with a different case.

Devilfish
4th September, 2008, 08:50 PM
Remember your discount! ;)

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/discount-code-buying-linux-receiver-1458/

t10000
21st June, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hi I recently purchased a blackbox , as a newbie was very disapionted in the fact that it arrived damaged . i have sent DK an email but have not had a reply. luckerly it still seems to power up an a menu screen is visable. My other disapiontment came when i realised that it did not have a setupmanual of any sort so i am having to surf the internet to find helpfull sites in which i can setup my black box which is turning out to be a nightmare !!! Can anyone help please?

krazylegz
21st June, 2009, 01:49 PM
what do you mean sent DK a email??

we dont sell boxes, never have and never will, any problems you need to take it up with the shop you bought it off

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st June, 2009, 03:18 PM
i take it you bought of DVBmonkey?

well il make it clear once again! we have nothing to do with them! they may use our image but that doesnt mean we are related to them!

opsmonkey
22nd June, 2009, 03:48 PM
Hi I recently purchased a blackbox , as a newbie was very disapionted in the fact that it arrived damaged . i have sent DK an email but have not had a reply. luckerly it still seems to power up an a menu screen is visable. My other disapiontment came when i realised that it did not have a setupmanual of any sort so i am having to surf the internet to find helpfull sites in which i can setup my black box which is turning out to be a nightmare !!! Can anyone help please?

looks like you bought from china.. big mistake.. there are plenty of UK based sellers on the internet..

As mentioned above just because a company installs an open souce image on your box it does not make it the responsibilty of the software that your box is knackered or damaged..

put it this way.. if you bought a Dell PC and it came with Microsoft XP installed i doubt you would send an email to Microsoft complaining about your Dell PC arriving damaged..

The Blackbox does not have a manual as it is an illegal copy of the Dreambox 500s.. the official Dreambox manual is attached below.. You need a program called WinRAR to extract the PDF document..

What channels have you bought your Blackbox for..?? It does not open th Sky UK package

t10000
24th June, 2009, 07:56 PM
Hi
It may be worth thinking of purchasing a Manual with your new box unless you have experience of using these boxes. I purchased without noticing it did not come with a manual I have been pull hair ever since , I may be allowed to download a guide from here soon hopefully. But i must say the forum seem to have every answer you require to know but the terms are hard to understand for a newbie without a manual.

westkill
24th June, 2009, 08:15 PM
t10000
if need any help m8 theres plenty of people who help you to sort it out m8 :)
you need to change the firmware on the box known as an image so to put an image on the box
look in the cable dreambox section :)

opsmonkey
24th June, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hi
It may be worth thinking of purchasing a Manual with your new box unless you have experience of using these boxes. I purchased without noticing it did not come with a manual I have been pull hair ever since , I may be allowed to download a guide from here soon hopefully. But i must say the forum seem to have every answer you require to know but the terms are hard to understand for a newbie without a manual.

dont pay for the manual.. its above in the rar file i uploaded or you can download it from the Dream Multimedia website

t10000
26th June, 2009, 06:23 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the above notes. Im sure this will be of help to many future newbies .keep up the good work. Im off to re-flash my black box on the cable section. ( Image here Flash there im turning into a techy )

Thanks all

bubbles69
8th May, 2010, 08:24 AM
?54 quid here guys think delivery is only ?5.50 also..

ukdreamshop - DM500S BLACK SATELLITE RECEIVER (http://ukdreamshop.com/product.php?id_product=11)

voyager1972
27th April, 2011, 08:25 PM
download a manual for the dreambox, same thing
to be honest its the image on the box you need to get familiar with,there are a few out there for the 500s but basically all the same.
nabilo darkstar 2 worth looking at

voyager1972
27th April, 2011, 08:28 PM
www.dreamboxsales.co.uk (http://www.dreamboxsales.co.uk)
fro all you dream*** needs ,well priced

tynan
17th November, 2011, 11:34 AM
looks like you bought from china.. big mistake.. there are plenty of UK based sellers on the internet..

As mentioned above just because a company installs an open souce image on your box it does not make it the responsibilty of the software that your box is knackered or damaged..

put it this way.. if you bought a Dell PC and it came with Microsoft XP installed i doubt you would send an email to Microsoft complaining about your Dell PC arriving damaged..

The Blackbox does not have a manual as it is an illegal copy of the Dreambox 500s.. the official Dreambox manual is attached below.. You need a program called WinRAR to extract the PDF document..

What channels have you bought your Blackbox for..?? It does not open th Sky UK package

Got 3 of these balckbox 500s. Have been trying for the past few days to get em to open Sly UK without any luck. Tried flashing with open pli and pli jade, tried a few versions of cccam old and and new, NO JOY. They open for a while but as soon as you restart the box, noda.

These boxes are advertised as the very same as the dreambox 500, its takes all the same images. Why won't it open Sly UK. How can the say its the same if it can't do that.