PDA

View Full Version : sattelite whyilst camping

russxsonny
4th September, 2008, 10:16 PM
pleae could somebody help me ,i want to watch sattelite whilst camping but dont no the best way to do it. is it best to buy a whole kit or can i buy a dish and take my own box an card?? does the box have to be connected to the phone line
thankyou

SatSearching
4th September, 2008, 10:59 PM
Depends what you want to watch (I'm guessing sly?), more details needed. Do you camp at sites with a 240v hookup? Or have you only got 12v supply?

SS

pleae could somebody help me ,i want to watch sattelite whilst camping but dont no the best way to do it. is it best to buy a whole kit or can i buy a dish and take my own box an card?? does the box have to be connected to the phone line
thankyou

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th September, 2008, 11:07 PM
Sure youve posted this b4. The box depends on how its going to be powered. If by car then youll need a 12volt receiver which are very cheap unless you have a powerfull battery you can use a more powerful receiver like your sky one. A card wont work with one of then boxes but its up to you. Unsure about telephone line. Any size dish will work with sky so no probs there.

firestorm
5th September, 2008, 12:45 AM
you will be ok with out the phone line as that only for the interative side like buying movies ect,You should still be able to watch all the normal stuff