PDA

View Full Version : Protocol Not Found Kess ..... Not any cars

TilQ34
18th December, 2018, 05:33 PM
Hi fellas,

Was about to begin on a Bmw E93 to tun but Kess gives me "Protocol Not Found"

So I tried it on 2.33, the same message...

Tried to choose another Car/Model.. Again the same...

Any help or knowledge...

Just one thg, yesterday opened the tool only to tak picture and that's all, nothing touched on PCB or anything..

MVRH
18th December, 2018, 05:43 PM
Corrupt SD card or missing protocols IIRC you need Linux system to copy sd card data and someone to provide the sd card content

Probably China clone as EU and Original use branded sd cards

TilQ34
18th December, 2018, 05:46 PM
Yes it's a China clone Red PCB.

I also have a Green pcb of it, if I switch them, would it do the job?

But couldn't be somthing else, I very very sure that I didn't touch anything else than the red pcb only..

MVRH
18th December, 2018, 05:52 PM
You don’t have to touch anything low quality components that’s why people use Euro or Original there are people who will rework it on here or offer further advice

Try green version in meantime see if same error

TilQ34
18th December, 2018, 06:28 PM
Just done it and yes the green-one works. I was considering to send him for rework but still looking for the right person .Someone told me latest sold Kess Red PCB are some reworked, that's why I opened to take a picture of the PCB.
Could they rework this you think, or do I need to purchase another one...

MVRH
18th December, 2018, 06:36 PM
Rework what you have put good quality sd card in won’t be much some red are good some are not so luck of the draw

dont forget thanks ����

TilQ34
18th December, 2018, 07:58 PM
if I switch them the SD cards from green to red pcb, would it do the temporarly help? same sw 5.017?

MVRH
18th December, 2018, 08:01 PM
I don’t know if it alters sd content you could try but might end with two tools needing sd card content.