PDA

View Full Version : Boxing, Khan on Box office

Montebox
5th September, 2008, 06:42 AM
Can anyone help me?

I have a cable Nokia dbox2 running the Lack pro 1 image. I was wondering if I can get the sly box office channel (Khan fight Sat night). I've looked at all my channels but there is no sly box office chans.

Generally, can you get the box office channels on a cable dbox2?

Anyone?

Fergal
5th September, 2008, 10:46 AM
Look in the others/unssorted bouquet for ppv or ppv2 channels see if they are there.

Renwich
5th September, 2008, 12:52 PM
also check for a myservices.xml it may have blocked these channels

Montebox
5th September, 2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the replies

I have looked in the 'unsorted' list but there is no Box office chans there. Can the dbox2 pick up sly Box office?

As I said, I'm running the 'Lacky pro 1' image on it and I can pick all the usual sly channels but not box office.

I'm not too sure how to check for 'myservices.xml', as the box came with this image already installed, and all I had to do was scan my area for chans. I have yet to connect it to the computer because all is OK (with chans!). Just no box office.

I'm also reluctant at the mo to connect it to the computer just in case I mess something up (I'm a newb). So for me, it's a case of press the nice coloured buttons on the handset to see what I can get. :hmmmm2:

It's no biggy, I'll download the fight Sunday morning from a private boxing site.:boxing:

MetMan
5th September, 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the replies

I have looked in the 'unsorted' list but there is no Box office chans there. Can the dbox2 pick up sly Box office?

As I said, I'm running the 'Lacky pro 1' image on it and I can pick all the usual sly channels but not box office.

I'm not too sure how to check for 'myservices.xml', as the box came with this image already installed, and all I had to do was scan my area for chans. I have yet to connect it to the computer because all is OK (with chans!). Just no box office.

I'm also reluctant at the mo to connect it to the computer just in case I mess something up (I'm a newb). So for me, it's a case of press the nice coloured buttons on the handset to see what I can get. :hmmmm2:

It's no biggy, I'll download the fight Sunday morning from a private boxing site.:boxing:

what provider are u i'm ex pure and it's advertising the fight on ppv

Donnie Darko
5th September, 2008, 09:03 PM
Its on 'live events channel'+sb0ppv2

Montebox
5th September, 2008, 09:24 PM
what provider are u i'm ex pure and it's advertising the fight on ppv

I have broadband and phone only (VM). I've used a splitter to my dbox2.

MetMan
5th September, 2008, 11:20 PM
I have broadband and phone only (VM). I've used a splitter to my dbox2.

what provider ex pure n*tl ex c*w or ex t*w and what area someone may give you the frequency, pid for ur service file....

mine is

<transponder id="0002" onid="0031" frequency="747000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">

<channel service_id="00ce" name="PPV Events" service_type="01"/>

Montebox
6th September, 2008, 08:08 AM
what provider ex pure n*tl ex c*w or ex t*w and what area someone may give you the frequency, pid for ur service file....

mine is

<transponder id="0002" onid="0031" frequency="747000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">

<channel service_id="00ce" name="PPV Events" service_type="01"/>

ex Telew**t in the Bath area (South west). VM bought them out, right?

And what do I need to do (Menu etc) to change or input this new frequency (Remember I'm a complete spoon!). Layman terms please.:five:

Thanks

<--Montebox added 51 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...-->

I've just done another channel scan by changing my area from 'ALL UK' to CableUK Sym6952 which is my symbol rate (6952) my frequency is 651000.

I have picked up:

Sly box office sports
Live events channel
ppv event 3

The sly box office channel is advertising the fight (which I can see), but I'm not too sure if I can watch it yet. It may get encrypted come 9pm and costs ?14.95. I'll wait and see if my box decodes it. Fingers crossed.

firestorm
6th September, 2008, 12:34 PM
hi i have tried all the above and still cant get sly box office i have even done anthor brute force scan dose any body no the details for the wigan area ex tw please. thanks ps i am using digital worlds v2.0 if that helps

Fergal
6th September, 2008, 06:59 PM
hi i have tried all the above and still cant get sly box office i have even done anthor brute force scan dose any body no the details for the wigan area ex tw please. thanks ps i am using digital worlds v2.0 if that helps
Have you checked all the channels in the others/unsorted bouquet its showing a trailer now.

aftermath
6th September, 2008, 07:22 PM
firestorm if you click ok button, then show all channels, its called Live events Channel, i think thats where the fight will be shown. But chech about 9pm when programme starts.

firestorm
6th September, 2008, 07:35 PM
cheers mate will do

MetMan
6th September, 2008, 08:17 PM
trailers r showing on PPV Events 2 ex n*tl

.: JaCkPoT :.
6th September, 2008, 09:09 PM
Where will it be shown. Channel name. I have live events and on demand. Thanks

Montebox
6th September, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'm currently watching the live boxing on 'Sly box office sports', unencrypted. So the scan did work thus far on 'Lacky pro 1' image.