PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up DM800 for the first time. Help!!

piptaps
6th December, 2009, 11:23 PM
I have been reading the forum today on how to set the dreambox 800HD. But there are some things which im failing to get right.

May anyone, those in the know give me step by step guide.

I want things like where to put the bary-alen, how to use a number of images in one box.

i know how to use dream-up so it shouldnt be a problem flashing the internal image.

Im hitting the wall on the bary-alen thingy, second stage boot loader.

Basically is it like a DM500 where you just flash an image, connect the box to tv, set the satellites, time, scan channels and you have picture on tv?

Any Advice

Thanks

piptaps
6th December, 2009, 11:47 PM
Also if anyone may point me to the nabilo image with barry allen inside for DM800 Clone

tomthebomb1968
7th December, 2009, 12:27 AM
Nabilo have steered away from BA cos of its intrusive digging. they have brought out their own multi boot image caled meoboot that they recommend. Im using it on my own 800 (genuine) and it works a treat. Check out here for all your clone needs _http://www.8a8f8.com/

Bascially I think it depends what simcard you have in your clone box that determines what ssloader you can use.

Flashing the box is easiest via web browser. Power off the box. Reinsert the power cable while pressing the power button on the front, keep pressing till you see the ip address on the 800 lcd. Tpye that into your web browser and follow the instructions. You just locate the firmware on your pc ie the nfi file that you want to flash to the box and hit flash. takes about 3/4 mins.

Sicilian
7th December, 2009, 06:40 AM
@ Piptaps, do you have a HDD installed? If not you wont beable to multiboot.

@ ttb1968, that image your using will kill a clone unless its been patched.

tomthebomb1968
7th December, 2009, 07:14 AM
mine aint a clone, but the link i posted has the patched one on there for clones, and you can multiboot with a usb stick.

dctyper
7th December, 2009, 09:08 AM
i struggled to boot from usb stick tbh

tomthebomb1968
7th December, 2009, 10:22 AM
i struggled to boot from usb stick tbh
I have meoboot in flash and BH 0.12, Pli Jade, Gemini and New Enigma all on Usb stick. Works just like it should for me. Never tried Barry Allen b4 so cant compare the 2.

piptaps
7th December, 2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks guys. How do i put the image inside USB stick. And how to initiate multiboot? How to use barry Allen?

I have a 4GB usb stick, will this be enough? There is no HDD inside the box

tomthebomb1968
7th December, 2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys. How do i put the image inside USB stick. And how to initiate multiboot? How to use barry Allen?

I have a 4GB usb stick, will this be enough? There is no HDD inside the boxDunno about BA just the new Meoboot. All you do is insert the usb stick. Meoboot mounts and formats the stick and adds the folders needed to the stick. It reboots and then all you do is ftp the nfi image files to the media/usb/mbootupload folder. Put whatever images you want on this way. Run the Meoboot plugin again and you will have a choice to either Install/boot/Delete images. Press red to install an image that you have already ftpd over. Once you have installed your images you can choose which one to boot from.

piptaps
7th December, 2009, 11:33 PM
Is barry allen come inside the patched images? or do i have to put it separately?

piptaps
8th December, 2009, 07:43 PM
and again

Is barry allen come inside the patched images? or do i have to put it separately?

Superman
9th December, 2009, 11:07 AM
You also need a patched version of barry allen as there is news that a bomb, may be included in the upcomming barry allen images, however i do think this may just be scare mongoring.

Thanks

piptaps
9th December, 2009, 07:22 PM
I have managed to flash nabilo pure flash via web browser with 69. However remote is no longer working. I tried to re-flash the same image but still remote is dead.

How do i go around this problem?

Also i dont have yet a hard drive and i dont have a USB pen drive. Can i still watch TV for now till i receive the pen drive?

Superman
9th December, 2009, 07:38 PM
Yes of course, As for Remote, click the dream button then try, when zapping does it flash red?

piptaps
9th December, 2009, 07:46 PM
the dream button is flashing when pressed but still not sending signal to the box

piptaps
9th December, 2009, 07:55 PM
Yes, when i press any button the ''dream'' button flash red. But still no signal going to the box. I cant set it up. Image flashed ok but im stuck at video output screen, the very first one after booting

Superman
9th December, 2009, 07:59 PM
Right i know this problem its a easy fix, remove the black casing of dreambox, it slides backwards after 4 Screws are removed, the IR cable will be detatched its on the front panel make sure all cables are plugged in correctly and that the IR receiver is facing straigh out the see-through bit.

This will fix your problem

piptaps
9th December, 2009, 08:44 PM
When i received the box this morning, from China, it had gemin image installed. The remote was working perfect. Trouble started when i flashed a new image, nabilo pure flash, now remote seem dead

Superman
9th December, 2009, 08:45 PM
Check what i said, if its a loose connection, it come looose when you have moved to box or something.

piptaps
9th December, 2009, 09:07 PM
i have opened the box and removed both the front and back covers. Cable going to the LCD screen is securely attached. I guess thats the same cable for the remore sensor.

Another thing i have noticed is that when flashing the percentage goes to 67% then jumps straight to 100% and a complete message on the screen. Is this normal?

tomthebomb1968
9th December, 2009, 09:51 PM
pure flash is no use to you as it has no addon panel to download cams, you will need to install everyting manually. no hard drive and no usb pen makes pure flash a strange choice as its for multi booting. Why not put a proper image on it first and get used to the machine. walk b4 you run m8

piptaps
10th December, 2009, 11:56 AM
Right, i have put a gemin 4.4 image and suddenlt the remote is working on it, but only when you are 10CM away, further than that the remote will not send signal to the box.

While im inside gemin, there is only one satellite, 19.2E. How do i put more satellites? I tried sending captain settings but the dm800 is rejecting the file

Superman
10th December, 2009, 01:44 PM
try BL70 images, sometimes this helps the remotes on clones.

Super

piptaps
11th December, 2009, 09:39 AM
Right. I have some progress now. I have put gemini 4.5 , the very latest one, patched, and the box is working sweet. Problem i have now is i cant scan SKy uk, 28.2E. I have tried more than 5 times. The box will scan up to 60% with about 1000 services found, then it crushes and restarts. It wont pass the 60% scan mark.

I tried to use boxedit to send captain settings but a message is coming something like lamedb not found. What is this?

But i have managed to scan most satellites like 13e, 19.2e, 1W, etc with all channels working ok. Only sky UK has refused.

What do i do to get this lamedb so i can watch sky UK? And why is the box crushing at 60% scan?

Superman
11th December, 2009, 10:38 AM
Not to sure why its crashing try downloading settings directly from the naiblosat/gemini server first.

Super

tomthebomb1968
11th December, 2009, 10:46 AM
Like Superman I dunno why its crashing,
Heres a link to download the latest E2 Likra Motor Settings

_http://www.sendspace.com/file/ywar6s