PDA

View Full Version : BMW e61, CAS2, CA retrofit // Key programming

FlorianE61
30th December, 2018, 03:08 PM
Hi Guys,

this is my first thread in this forum and i am not a professional user but i am willing to learn! :)

I have retrotiftted ComfortAccess in my BMW e61 (Antennas, control unit, wiring harnes, coding) and now i am trying to prog some keys to the CAS.

As locksmith-hardware i have an VVDI-Prog and an AK300.
With the VVDI-Prog i have successfully resetted two keys with the PCF7953 and one with PCF7945 (unsolder PCF -> reset protect, flash EEPROM, flash EROM, set protect -> resolder PCF).
The AK300 was used to read the EEPROM of the CAS2 (2K79X via BDM).
It was also used to train the "new" keys and reflash the EEPROM to the CAS.

My plan was to have this order (i was told that the CA-Keys have to be at the first positions because otherwise they are recognized as regular keys):

1: CA-Key
2: CA-Key
3: regular key
10: PCF7936 Transponder (emergency-key)

The programming was successful, the keys are recognized and i can use all keys to start the motor as soon as they are in the slot with the ring-antenna (not sure about the official name...).
Also the CA-Funktionality of the two CA-Keys is working as expected.

BUT:
The Open-, Close- and Trunk-buttons are not working.

Does anybody have an advice for me which action i have to do to enable the full functionality?

Thank you very much and already a happy new year!

PixelsFixed
30th December, 2018, 07:23 PM
Firstly, good job on the CA retrofit. That's a proper mission. I was asked to quote to do it on an E65. More trouble than it's worth.

Anyway, they should work if they start the car.

Are you sure they are transmitting on the same frequency as the cas module?

FlorianE61
30th December, 2018, 07:47 PM
Firstly, good job on the CA retrofit.
From my point of view it was relative easy because i had a wiring harnes from an other car and the interieur was already disassembled because of "some" (many :D:D) other retrofits...

Are you sure they are transmitting on the same frequency as the cas module?

Unfortunately i have no test equipment to prove the frequency but the resistors on the PCB of the remote are soldered to 868 which is the same frequency as on my CAS.
To be honest i have to say that one of the CA Keys was already learned to the car on an other position for testing and there it worked 100%.
I decided to "clean up" the situation with the order of the keys because i wanted to have two CA keys and at least one of the regular keys - for this the CA Keys have to be on the positions before the regular keys. Otherwise they are operating as a regular remote...

PixelsFixed
30th December, 2018, 08:13 PM
You can only have two CA remotes. You've disabled any old CA remotes and only have two - preferably in positions one and two?

FlorianE61
30th December, 2018, 08:29 PM
I know, this is the reason why I have reprogrammed all of the keys...
The current situation is:

1: CA Key
2: CA Key
3: Regular Key
4-9: locked (but used from previous tests)
10: Emergency Key