PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Navara 2016 (New Style)

Donstar
31st December, 2018, 02:30 PM
I'm needing to recalculate the mileage on my vehicle. I've looked at a few different pieces of kit, like the Digiprog 3, but all seem to be eeprom connections only, and not through ODB2 socket.
I removed the console on my vehicle to double check the eeprom chip, which is 93C86, but on reconnecting the console back to the vehicle, and checking the dials work, my dash now displays the error message 'Key System Fault'. The vehicle does start, but to stop you now need to push and hold the Start/Stop button.
Can anyone advise on clearing this error, and what equipment I should purchase to recalculate my mileage. Thanks

Donstar
1st January, 2019, 04:17 PM
Can advise that after an overnight rest the Key System Fault has cured itself. Still wanting advice on using the Digiprog and if the eeprom can be attached to the reading cable without soldering wires to the board, or un-soldering the chip.

originalone
3rd January, 2019, 05:28 PM
Hey Donstar, I'm new to the 93c86 as well. The key fault will clear if you disconnect both terminals of the battery and touch the + & - cables together. With the programmer I have, I believe I'd have to remove the chip from the board. Hoping to find an easier way.