PDA

View Full Version : Learning Bosch

plowboy
31st December, 2018, 05:54 PM
How much similarity is there between the EDC17 used by VAG and the ones (EDC17CV44) used by AGCO and Deutz and others on farm tractors? Is it worth my time to get ahold of a salvage VW to learn on so that I do not risk bricking an expensive part, or are they going to be so different that I would not really be helping myself any? Eventual goal is to be able to work on AGCO Challenger tractors (and possibly others) for deletes and rerates.

drws3
1st January, 2019, 10:21 AM
Im sory i dont understand where is your point mister but if you wana start with chiptunning start watch the videos on this site start with edc15 ecus they are the easiest of them there you go with this guy you leaern a lot : https://sites.google.com/site/vagecumap/ he is not the best but he tries to explain things in the easy way .
bosch is like english denso delphi marelli is like chinese in other words start with bosch get a golf 1.9pd 150 hp :D and start tune that file you can do lot of stuff with that ecu and if you lock it you can unlock it
point is you need 2 important things a programmer and a program to edit the ecu file i use kess and winols but there are many others hope i helped you a little bit i'm still a nub i have lot of stuff to learn there are a lot of better people than me on this forum they allways gave me the solution when i had no idea how to go on in modifiyng a project and people here are awsome ! :)

plowboy
3rd January, 2019, 09:00 AM
I watched most of his videos over the holiday. He is mostly responsible for making me think I can learn this. I question the mathmatical legitimacy of how he "picks numbers" but that is probably beccause I have spent too much time in statistics when I was in school!

I think you have addressed my point. I was asking if learning on the VAG Bosch would be applicable to the other Bosch units. I believe you have indicated that it would.

Thank you for your reply.