PDA

View Full Version : EGR and FAB - the big question

snitteLite
1st January, 2019, 02:01 PM
Hi, and happy new year

Well i have a a few questions about how to, that probably will lead to some more :)

But first: I got myself a Peugeot 1.6 HDI, and the EGR and FAB is causing the "Antipolution Failure" and "Clear Diesel filter" warning...
I came as fare as pulling the ECU with a Kess v2 via ODBII, file attached

Now the questions (at the moment only 3)

For hex-editing is ECM good enough?
On what adress is the is no/off bit for these two features - and how did you come to this info (desciption for winols or ecm - or even better tool....)
My ECU file is for my part filled with FFxh, is this normal, don't they use a bigger portion of the 2KB file??

immokill
1st January, 2019, 05:15 PM
Hi, and happy new year

Well i have a a few questions about how to, that probably will lead to some more :)

But first: I got myself a Peugeot 1.6 HDI, and the EGR and FAB is causing the "Antipolution Failure" and "Clear Diesel filter" warning...
I came as fare as pulling the ECU with a Kess v2 via ODBII, file attached

Now the questions (at the moment only 3)

For hex-editing is ECM good enough?
On what adress is the is no/off bit for these two features - and how did you come to this info (desciption for winols or ecm - or even better tool....)
My ECU file is for my part filled with FFxh, is this normal, don't they use a bigger portion of the 2KB file??

Mate you have to watch videos tutorial and read much threats to figure out you have one post and you want to know everything. Many tutorials readed and still dont know whar protuner can do you must learn more much more one file is nothing , u buy kess and use software to erase dtc tables and car goes that wrong way . Read tutorials, on youtube watch manuals etc and something will be clear for you .