PDA

View Full Version : Car diagnostic help (laptop)

Dudakis
7th January, 2019, 08:48 AM
HI,
I have recently bought a lexia interface with diagbox, pp2000, lexia software but am thinking of switching my single core old laptop to panasonic toughbook. I have looked a bit and CF19 would be enough for my needs, but i saw there is a diference between mk3 and mk4.

Would the mk3 (core2duo) be enough to run peugeot/citroen diagnostic and other diag/tuning HW/SW i throw at it or would the mk4 (i5) be a better choice? Either way i will upgrade it with a ssd and max ram as it can take so please take that into consideration.

The laptoop will be used only for car diag/tuning, so no solidworks or photoshop software that asks some serious power.

Thanks

autoden
7th January, 2019, 09:25 PM
Be carefull, some diag software dont mix with others. Some need more capacity just to run fast enough. And a bug in one WILL effect others. I have a number of laptops and varius ext hard drives.

Dudakis
8th January, 2019, 08:17 AM
Thanks for heads up. I wont be installing as many SW as i am mainly going to use it to diagnose and probably tune my own car if possible.
I have a 2002 peugeot 307 2.0HDI 66kw SID801. I am using this car mainly to and from work and i have to make 60 km every day. It is lacking some power when going up the hill and when passing a car, it is somewhat sluggish. Will I be able to connect to my ecu with mppsV16 trough OBD port or do i have to buy a different tool?