PDA

View Full Version : New System Help!

strocky
7th December, 2009, 09:58 PM
Moving from Cable Dbox2 to Sat Dreambox, hopefully in time for Xmas

Been googling the past few days and finally found what receiver (DM800HD Clone) I want -:

DM800 FTA Satellite Receiver HDTv Chinese Version [DM800] - ?220.00 : Linuxsat!, Factory Direct (http://linuxsat.co.uk/cn/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_73&products_id=180&zenid=aace722d2ab428c3317013fd3097c7a5)

But I'm not too sure about going for a motorised set-up or a dual/tri LNB

I am aiming to buy another receiver box at a later date (DM500HD) and looking to CS for Sly & watching JCS Sports
for the SPL

Any advice on what size of dish and can you go motorised AND have 2 LNB's?

Superman
8th December, 2009, 01:41 PM
Hello,

It all depend on what you want, my personal view is that its a wise investment to go motorised, as ytou will get far more range, i would say maybe look at a motorised 90CM-1.2M Dish, also this will give you far more access to the HD Channels that are all accross europe, as for CS you best google "CardSharing" first forum on there look in the premium section and you will see what you need. 2 LNB's are okay, but if you want sky and say hotbird which you do, go for the motorised set-up.

Hope this Helps

strocky
8th December, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hello,

It all depend on what you want, my personal view is that its a wise investment to go motorised, as ytou will get far more range, i would say maybe look at a motorised 90CM-1.2M Dish, also this will give you far more access to the HD Channels that are all accross europe, as for CS you best google "CardSharing" first forum on there look in the premium section and you will see what you need. 2 LNB's are okay, but if you want sky and say hotbird which you do, go for the motorised set-up.

Hope this Helps

Cheers, is there any advantage of a motorised dish AND two lnb's?

Or is that just adding more headaches?

Superman
8th December, 2009, 05:11 PM
So two dishs? if so your adding huge head ache, keep it simple, what do you need two LNB's for?

strocky
8th December, 2009, 06:37 PM
So two dishs? if so your adding huge head ache, keep it simple, what do you need two LNB's for?

I aim to buy a second receiver at some point and aim to have one for Sly and the other receiver to be pointed at JCS sport, however I would like the flexibility of a motorised dish

I take it I'd be better to have one motorised and one static with two LNB's on that?

Curious123
8th December, 2009, 10:02 PM
I aim to buy a second receiver at some point and aim to have one for Sly and the other receiver to be pointed at JCS sport, however I would like the flexibility of a motorised dish

I take it I'd be better to have one motorised and one static with two LNB's on that?

One dish, one motor, one LNB and one reciever what could be simpler. Since your sat noob you are just asking for headache going for the extras.

john8867
9th December, 2009, 12:07 AM
Hey mate, am in the same boat as u.

Let us know how u get on with getting the box, delivery times, quality etc, much appreciated.

Curious123
9th December, 2009, 12:16 AM
The DM800 are proving to be a challenge even for some of the experienced dreambox owners. My recommendation would be to go for a Chinese DM600 and then move onto a better box once you have got your hands nice and dirty setting up your first sat system.

Superman
9th December, 2009, 11:01 AM
I would go for the Motorised system, makes it simipler and gives you alot more flexibilty, with a static you make be talking 500 channels, with a motorised you could be talking 5,000 channels, just to gvie you some idea of the difference. Make sure you use Usals, as the DM800, you can buy them pre-conffied, which saves hassles, Pre-Config with HDD installed, then all you need to do is Put in your Lat & Long settings and away you go. but this is a choice you have to make, i sell the preconfig inc Hdd for 279.99 inc del.

Thanks

strocky
9th December, 2009, 01:30 PM
I would go for the Motorised system, makes it simipler and gives you alot more flexibilty, with a static you make be talking 500 channels, with a motorised you could be talking 5,000 channels, just to gvie you some idea of the difference. Make sure you use Usals, as the DM800, you can buy them pre-conffied, which saves hassles, Pre-Config with HDD installed, then all you need to do is Put in your Lat & Long settings and away you go. but this is a choice you have to make, i sell the preconfig inc Hdd for 279.99 inc del.

Thanks

Could you quote me for the full kit?

ie 1.2m motorised dish, brackets, cabling?

What size of HDD is on your 800HD package and is that for a bootloader 72 or 75 box?

Thanks in advance!

strocky
9th December, 2009, 03:09 PM
One last question, spoke to my local planning dept, any dish over 0.9m dia requires planning permission - will a 0.9m dish be large enough to pick up Sly & JCS Sports from Lanarkshire?

Superman
9th December, 2009, 03:21 PM
Yeh a tbh a 60CM dish would do it, with JSC being on 13E.

Thanks