PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TFSI - BUL - 8E0910115N - MPPS V16 Wont write

SGoodall
9th January, 2019, 03:32 PM
I have tried to write a file that was supplied to me to this ECU

Im using a MPPS V16 cable and it read out the ECU ok, see attached BIN

When I went to Write the new file, ECU got wiped successfully, then when MPPS goes to write file gets through security and begins Write, at this point the software alarms 'No reply from ECU'

The software then wants to email an error report after cancelling write.

Now my ECU has no software on it, I have tried to Write the Tuned file, the original and a dump I found on nefariousmotorsports

However the BIN I read of the ECU has checksum errors when loaded to WinOLS and when I try to Write using MPPS it also says checksum errors

I a nembie I know and this my first post, had read on here and thought I knew well enough what I was doing, seems perhaps not, can anyone suggest a method to fix my issue please!

flashtech
9th January, 2019, 03:37 PM
I'm not sure that MPPS clone can read/write this ECU successfull.
One of solutions is to get a proper tool and try to recover ECU by BDM.

Here you can read some experience of other user with same ECU : https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/464721-VW-Golf-R-failed-writing-and-the-car-won-t-start

SGoodall
9th January, 2019, 05:05 PM
I'm not sure that MPPS clone can read/write this ECU successfull.
One of solutions is to get a proper tool and try to recover ECU by BDM.

Here you can read some experience of other user with same ECU : https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/464721-VW-Golf-R-failed-writing-and-the-car-won-t-start

Ah yes the one with golf R I should known bette rI read a few days before my attempt

I have contacted a local Exhaust and Remap shop, who I have seen pictures of BDM at there shop but Im not sure there coding ability

Perhaps I will look for DBM kit

I can still initiate a OBD write, it erases and then attempts to write but fails, I assume its not handshaking to the ECU correctly

icezero2010
9th January, 2019, 05:59 PM
Ah yes the one with golf R I should known bette rI read a few days before my attempt

I have contacted a local Exhaust and Remap shop, who I have seen pictures of BDM at there shop but Im not sure there coding ability

Perhaps I will look for DBM kit

I can still initiate a OBD write, it erases and then attempts to write but fails, I assume its not handshaking to the ECU correctly

make speed down and write ! if abort write so long again that write is ok

med 9 u dont need recover with bdm

SGoodall
9th January, 2019, 06:23 PM
make speed down and write ! if abort write so long again that write is ok

med 9 u dont need recover with bdm

This is encouraging, try slower and more attempts, I hope my origional file isnt corrupt, but not sure because checksum errors

icezero2010
9th January, 2019, 08:41 PM
I check later I’m sure I have ori

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

morgano
10th January, 2019, 09:32 AM
Don't know about mpps v16 but for sure the good old one mpps v12 read and write med9.1 obd without problems.

SGoodall
10th January, 2019, 09:15 PM
I check later I’m sure I have ori

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ive run my original in WinOLS and done checksum corretion then conpare to your ORI and 100% the same

But if I dont run checksum correction i have like 3500 errors

Have tried to load using your file still gets ‘no reply from ecu’

Have a KESS V2 coming, fingers crossed

SGoodall
10th January, 2019, 09:15 PM
Don't know about mpps v16 but for sure the good old one mpps v12 read and write med9.1 obd without problems.

Maybe will look for genuine V12 cable

SGoodall
14th January, 2019, 09:16 PM
Car is running again using KESS V2 Master cable and recovery mode

Thank icezero2010 for the ORI I decided to use it has has no checksum error and aligns to my ORI when checksum fixed

Will consider other tuned file I have now