PDA

View Full Version : jailbreaking q's

mrglow
8th December, 2009, 06:19 PM
ive probably been living on the moon :) bt i have just found out you can jailbreak the itouch. i have brought DS1 for xmas and have a couple of questions for those in the know please.

once i have jailbroke the itouch, is the free stuff easy to get hold of and are there problem of any sort once its been jailbroken.

tyvm

Xram
20th December, 2009, 12:56 AM
Only problem with the jailbreak (if you use blackra1n) if you let the battery run down you can't switch the thing back on with out running it through your pc with balckra1n again. Alll hacked games are easily obtained. :bounce:

ianmac
20th December, 2009, 01:06 AM
Only problem with the jailbreak (if you use blackra1n) if you let the battery run down you can't switch the thing back on with out running it through your pc with balckra1n again. Alll hacked games are easily obtained. :bounce:

I think your getting confused with the iPhone,
The only reason you will need to redo Blackra1n again is if you use "tethering" on the iPhone.

As far as I am aware, it has nothing to do with the iPod touch.

-- Ian --

P.S. & If it's Apps you want, I have posted over 2,000 of them here:

:wink:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/free-aps-iphone-ipod-touch-68217/

& Here: :wink:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f110/more-free-apps-iphone-ipod-touch-69282/index2.html#post379094

:party::party::party:

loncell
20th December, 2009, 01:30 AM
ive got 3 x ipod touch 8gb for the kids at crimbo but they,ve all got 3.1.2 firmware on them.
is there anytihng i can do with them crack wise ?.

TheGodfather
29th December, 2009, 01:38 AM
ive got 3 x ipod touch 8gb for the kids at crimbo but they,ve all got 3.1.2 firmware on them.
is there anytihng i can do with them crack wise ?.

Yeah get Blackra1n, couldn't be easier just download the app (easily found with a google search) connect your iPod to PC, open the app and click "let/make it rain", wait for the image of the geohot to come on the device and then reboot, install Cydia or Icy or something (Cydia preferred) and enjoy!"

If your iPod Touch is 3rd gen then it will be tethered, meaning if your iPod loses battery or you power it off you will need to make it rain again. Also note, untill you make it rain or restore it you wont be able to use it as it will just display the "connect to itunes" logo.