PDA

View Full Version : One LNB two receivers?

mak1
7th September, 2008, 09:30 AM
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it is possiable to connect two receivers to one LNB using the 'LOOP THROUGH' on one of the receivers.

Thanks in advance.

krazylegz
7th September, 2008, 11:08 AM
yes it is m8 but the second box can only watch what the first box is currently on

.: JaCkPoT :.
7th September, 2008, 02:09 PM
You will only be able to watch Channels of the same polarity and band. Not very useful. Why not get yourself a dual LNB. They allow you to watch any channel.

aerotec
28th September, 2008, 11:59 PM
If fitting a new LNB you may as well fit a Quad or Octo so you have plenty of outputs in case you decide to get Sky+/HD in the future as Sky+ requires two feeds so 2 Sky+ boxes would need 4 cable feeds.

sapounadas
4th November, 2011, 05:02 PM
Hi what caind dual LMB ?[RECIVING FROM THESAYM SAT?] ...

dick b
4th November, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hi what caind dual LMB ?[RECIVING FROM THESAYM SAT?] ...
twin lnb can feed two boxes on the same sat .

Nutsandbolts
4th November, 2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah i tried one LNB to two receivers about a year ago. I connected a TM5400 SUPER to a CT2100. Problem is you can either watch the VERTICAL or HORIZONTAL channels but not both. I gave up and motorized the TM instead no regrets. Regards.

abr
9th November, 2011, 10:35 PM
until last week i ran a dm800 and dm7000s from 1 lnb
with a motorised dish the dish having a stand alone seperate positioner
the feed went into the dm800 and from the loop through to the dm7000s (in bedroom)
to use the dm7000s the dm800 was put into standby
all worked great :proud:

Nutsandbolts
9th November, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hi. I find it hard to believe that if you put the main receiver in standby then the second one works. Where does the second receiver get its LNB power from??. Also what about the power to the motor which is connected to the first receiver?? Please clarify.

smirnoff_rules
9th November, 2011, 10:47 PM
u would have to turn box off l would think ? standby still has power in the box

gracieboo
9th November, 2011, 11:06 PM
No standby will do. I had problems getting a dreambox tuned in using 1.2 so i put my technomate in loop and put the dreambox on standby and used the technomate for 1.2 to land on the right sat then put it into standby and turned the dreambox and tuned it. So its ok it standby but if the two go on at the same time there could be problems from voltage spike.

smirnoff_rules
9th November, 2011, 11:10 PM
strange , my tm500 if l put it in standby l cant open ip page but my dm500 u can in standby , so there must be power in it ?

Nutsandbolts
9th November, 2011, 11:14 PM
Hi. I know that it does not work with the TM boxes because i tried it. Even the motor light goes off.

gracieboo
9th November, 2011, 11:17 PM
Hi. I know that it does not work with the TM boxes because i tried it. Even the motor light goes off.
This was a dreambox 800 hd pro with a loop out to a technomate 5300 super. All i know is that it worked.

andy91
9th November, 2011, 11:24 PM
For what its worth change to a twin or quad.
Ive 2 boxes one downstairs and the other in bedroom and no problems other than i can only move my dish with downstairs box.

Andy.

RuberDuck
9th November, 2011, 11:45 PM
until last week i ran a dm800 and dm7000s from 1 lnb
with a motorised dish the dish having a stand alone seperate positioner
the feed went into the dm800 and from the loop through to the dm7000s (in bedroom)
to use the dm7000s the dm800 was put into standby
all worked great :proud:

thats what loop through is supposed to do.

Hi. I find it hard to believe that if you put the main receiver in standby then the second one works. Where does the second receiver get its LNB power from??. Also what about the power to the motor which is connected to the first receiver?? Please clarify.

thats exactly how it works. by putting the main box in standby the signal loops through to the second receiver.

u would have to turn box off l would think ? standby still has power in the box

no if you turn the box off completely it wont loop through.