PDA

View Full Version : Dbox2 not booting up and unable to flash

peco
7th September, 2008, 10:54 AM
I have 2x Nokia Dbox 2 with Laky Pro image. One in the bedroom and one in livingroom. Both boxes have worked fine for ages but the one in the bedroom has recently become unstable.

They are both running the same image but the one in the bedroom doesn't load up. It keeps giving me Lade... message on the little LCD in what looks like Debug mode. It flicks between that and some German writing which I can't make out due to lines on the LCD, then it flicks back to Lade.... then back to the German writing and so on, over and over every second in a constant loop.

I thought a simple reflash would sort this but I am unable to reflash the box. I have tried different versions of IFA but have had no joy as each time the flash terminates unsuccessfully.

My cross-over cable and null modem cables are fine, as is the Laky Pro image I am using. I know this because I have just re-flashed the working DBox in my livingroom with the same PC, cables and Laky Pro image without any problems at all.

Has anyone encountered this problem before or is the box needing binned?

Fergal
7th September, 2008, 11:12 AM
Post what you get in the com window when you try to flash it.

peco
7th September, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hi mate, here you go:

kdebug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
debug: BMon V1.0 mID 01
debug: feID 7a gtxID 0b
debug: fpID 5a dsID Hallenberg.com (http://Hallenberg.com)
debug: HWrev X5 SWrev 0.81
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 16/16/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal
dbox2:root>
dbox2:root> boot net net net net net net net net net net
debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
debug:
debug:
boot net failed
boot: elfcopy failed: 16
------ Systeminformations ------
Selected networkdevice: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport (1)
IP-address of the networkdevice: 192.168.1.6
IP-address which the dbox gets: 192.168.1.202
Operatingsystem: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
------ Powered by Hallenberg.com (http://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de) ------

Fergal
7th September, 2008, 12:18 PM
Something is blocking the network antivirus,firewall,wireless nic, etc disable them all
set your networkcard to 10baseT_halfduplex and give it a static ip of 192.168.1.201 subnet 255.255.255.0
try typing boot net and press enter on the command below
dbox2:root> boot net

peco
7th September, 2008, 12:30 PM
Something is blocking the network antivirus,firewall,wireless nic, etc disable them all

Yeah they are all disabled mate. Windows Firewall and my own personal firewall.

set your networkcard to 10baseT_halfduplex and give it a static ip of 192.168.1.201 subnet 255.255.255.0

Already on 10Mbps/Half Duplex. I changed to that static IP you posted.

These had no affect and I'm still getting boot: elfcopy failed: 16 problem.

try typing boot net and press enter on the command below

How do I do this exactly? Do I need to use softeware of some sort?

plasterer
7th September, 2008, 12:39 PM
Start
Run
Type it in there mate.............Paul

peco
7th September, 2008, 12:59 PM
It says I don't have the appropriate permissions. :(

arabeman14
7th September, 2008, 01:27 PM
try this Digital Kaos - Downloads - Nokia Receiver Tools.rar (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/others/7/nokia-receiver-tools-rar-323/)

Fergal
7th September, 2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah they are all disabled mate. Windows Firewall and my own personal firewall.

Already on 10Mbps/Half Duplex. I changed to that static IP you posted.

These had no affect and I'm still getting boot: elfcopy failed: 16 problem.

How do I do this exactly? Do I need to use softeware of some sort?
You should be able to type boot net after dbox2:root>
in the com window of IFA then press enter

try this Digital Kaos - Downloads - Nokia Receiver Tools.rar (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/others/7/nokia-receiver-tools-rar-323/)
@arabeman14
That is for a dbox1

arabeman14
7th September, 2008, 01:40 PM
@arabeman14
That is for a dbox1

oups!
yeh right. sorry :hmmmm2:

peco
7th September, 2008, 01:47 PM
You should be able to type boot net after dbox2:root>
in the com window of IFA then press enter

I get this message:

*** Achtung: RSH ist bei fast allen Linux-Images nicht konfiguriert/aktiviert!
*** RSH wird also nur funktionieren, falls ihr euren Linux-Kernel gepatcht habt.
> boot net
! Couldn't connect to DBOX! (Timeout..?)
> boot net
! Couldn't connect to DBOX! (Timeout..?)

Fergal
7th September, 2008, 01:59 PM
You type boot net on the end of this dbox2:root>
like this
dbox2:root>boot net
then press enter it looks like you are in the rsh window and not the com window try
IFA 1.5.6 and post what you get
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/others/7/image-flash-assistant-v1-56-113/

peco
7th September, 2008, 02:24 PM
I get the same message mate. Couldn't connect to DBOX! (Timeout..?) but this time in an error message box that comes up.

**I'm ready to cry**

Fergal
7th September, 2008, 03:53 PM
You could try flashing it with the nullmodem cable only takes longer here is a guide
Digital Kaos - Downloads - How to Flash a Dbox with only a Serial Cable (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/guides/5/how-flash-dbox-only-serial-cable-223/)

peco
7th September, 2008, 04:04 PM
You type boot net on the end of this dbox2:root>
like this
dbox2:root>boot net
then press enter it looks like you are in the rsh window and not the com window try
IFA 1.5.6 and post what you get
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Image flash assistant v1.56 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/others/7/image-flash-assistant-v1-56-113/)

Ok I'm following. I was doing it in the wrong window sorry. I did it in the com window and got the following message:

debug:
debug:
boot net failed

An Error box also comes up with the following in German:

es wurde zehn mal vergeblich versucht die dbox vom netzwerk zu starten. bitte uberprufen sie ihre netzerkkonfiguration. resetten sie die dbox fur einen erneuten versuch

Which Babelfished means:

to start it ten times in vain tries dbox from the network to. please they their uberprufen netzerkkonfiguration. resetten they dbox fur the renewed attempt

cgscott
7th September, 2008, 04:06 PM
it was tried to start ten times in vain dbox from netzwerk. please uberprufen them try theirs netzerkkonfiguration. resetten them dbox fur a renewed one

but hopefully theres a german here to help you

something to do with network configuration me thinks

peco
7th September, 2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah sorry, I re-read it and pasted the same one twice, edited super quick though. :p

<--capa added 7 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...-->

Tried the Hyperterminal thingy but as you can see:

debug: fpID 5a dsID 01-50.6e.ce.05.00.00-b9
WATCHDOG reset enabled
dbox2:root> debug:
debug:
boot net failed

Flash-FS bootstrap loader (v1.5)

Found Flash-FS superblock version 3.1
Found file /root/platform/nokia-dbox2/kernel/o
debug: Got Block #0032

will verify ELF image, start= 0x800000, size= 154332
verify sig: 262
Branching to 0x40000

U-Boot 1.2.0 (Tuxbox) (Apr 7 2008 - 06:04:09)

CPU: PPC823ZTnnA at 67.200 MHz: 2 kB I-Cache 1 kB D-Cache
*** Warning: CPU Core has Silicon Bugs -- Check the Errata ***
Board: DBOX2, Nokia, BMon V1.0
Watchdog enabled
I2C: ready
DRAM: 32 MB
FLASH: 8 MB
Scanning JFFS2 FS: ......... done.
env: found "console"
env: found "baudrate"
env: found "lcd_inverse"
env: found "lcd_contrast"
FB: ready
LCD: ready
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Net: SCC ETHERNET

Options:
1: Console on null
2: Console on ttyS0
3: Console on framebuffer
Select option (1-3), other keys to stop autoboot: 0
### FS (jffs2) loading 'vmlinuz' to 0x100000
### FS load complete: 670086 bytes loaded to 0x100000
.................................................. ............. done
Un-Protected 63 sectors
## Booting image at 00100000 ...
Image Name: dbox2
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip c
Data Size: 670022 Bytes = 654.3 kB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: &_text 0x10000, &_etext 0x26160, &_data 0x26160, &_edata 0x29c50
debug: &_end 0x347dc, &__stack 0x400000
debug: Memory tests (0x400000 -- 0x1000000)
debug: NumberTest: debug: passed
debug: MarchTest: debug: passed
debug: PermTest: debug: passed
debug: Extension Memory tests (0x1000000 -- 0x2000000)
dbox2:root> DL 800000
unrecognized command DL, args[0][0] 0x44
dbox2:root> DL 800000 followed of

The first thing I am asked to type isn't recognised.

Fergal
7th September, 2008, 04:42 PM
Your box is 16/16/08 its recognising this but unplug from the power and take the lid off you will see a memory expansion module its held in with a plastic clip (see piccie) either check its seated properly and or take it out and see if the box boots up without it in if it does try flashing it then pop it back in again.

peco
7th September, 2008, 04:51 PM
OK I'll give that a go and report back. I'll need to buy the little star screw drivers. Thanks to Fergal and everyone else who's helped so far.

Fergal
7th September, 2008, 06:26 PM
OK I'll give that a go and report back. I'll need to buy the little star screw drivers. Thanks to Fergal and everyone else who's helped so far.
You can use a small flathead screwdriver just jam it in between the center pin and use a pair of pliers to turn the screwdriver:).

peco
7th September, 2008, 08:20 PM
You were right about the screw drivers. hehe :D

I took the lid of the box and check the memoery expansion module, but it was in pretty tight and secure. I unclipped it (removed it completely) and tried another flash but it didn't do anything different.

Keep the ideas coming if you have any more matey.

Skiboy
7th September, 2008, 08:30 PM
The one I done once when I had the same problem was putting it into a kein system state...that was I flashed using IFA a 1 x image...then a 2x image when it was showing kein system...worked a treat.

cheers

peco
7th September, 2008, 08:33 PM
I dont even know what that means mate. Can you explain more? Kein system and how to do it?

Skiboy
7th September, 2008, 08:40 PM
I dont even know what that means mate. Can you explain more? Kein system and how to do it?

sorry mate this not what you want to do, was trying to answer another query, not your's forget this advice.

cheers

peco
8th September, 2008, 05:45 PM
You were right about the screw drivers. hehe :D

I took the lid of the box and check the memoery expansion module, but it was in pretty tight and secure. I unclipped it (removed it completely) and tried another flash but it didn't do anything different.

Keep the ideas coming if you have any more matey.

Just a little refresh for the helpers out there that might have any other ideas?

Skiboy
8th September, 2008, 08:29 PM
Have you tried the new version of IFA 3.1.1 sometimes you have to keep powering the dbox off and on for up to 10 times but it should eventually take the image mate.

cheers

Renwich
8th September, 2008, 08:36 PM
From what I've seen around and about , being patient and keep flashing it may be the answer,

smoggie
8th September, 2008, 10:41 PM
have you tried flashing with the null modem cable only, like Fergal suggested?? it will take about 40 mins i think. well worth trying if you cant connect using crossover cable. rename the image u are going to use mtd3 and put in C: You will need the uboot file i have uploaded for here ........................Next click on Transfer on top of hyperterminal window, select "send text file", select type of file "All files", [/COLOR][/COLOR]select the file u-boot.mot (attached here) and click on "open" to start the transfer.
The file transfer take about 5 minutes and in hyperterminal no announcement appears about the process of the transfer.

jitjunior
9th September, 2008, 08:28 AM
The best way when the box is like that is to use null modem cable only, and using hyperterminal (if you're on xp i think it's only available in professional, not home edition) i know this from my own experience, i put laky pro on my box then after that it stuck at the loading kernel stage of boot. If you need a walkthrough just PM me mate i'll be happy to help out.

peco
9th September, 2008, 05:29 PM
Have you tried the new version of IFA 3.1.1 sometimes you have to keep powering the dbox off and on for up to 10 times but it should eventually take the image mate.

cheers

Yeah I've tried 3 different versions on IFA including the latest version above mate.

<--capa added 8 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...-->

have you tried flashing with the null modem cable only, like Fergal suggested?? it will take about 40 mins i think. well worth trying if you cant connect using crossover cable. rename the image u are going to use mtd3 and put in C: You will need the uboot file i have uploaded for here ........................Next click on Transfer on top of hyperterminal window, select "send text file", select type of file "All files", [/COLOR][/COLOR]select the file u-boot.mot (attached here) and click on "open" to start the transfer.
The file transfer take about 5 minutes and in hyperterminal no announcement appears about the process of the transfer.

Yeah mate I tried flashing using Hyperterminal as Fergal suggested. I downloaded his instructions and gave them a go. I can get into debug mode and the command prompt in hyperterminal comes up "dbox2:root" ok. But as soon I try the next step I get the error unrecognized command DL as below:

"dbox2:root> DL 800000
unrecognized command DL, args[0][0] 0x44"

So I decided to try using the uboot file you gave me ragardless of this first step not working but when I send text file the message in Hyperterminal is "Connection timed out". 5 minutes later the message appeard in a seperate box: "No response from the remote system", with an "OK" button to close it.

I should add that I can connect using a Null modem cable, (or at least the cable works ok).

Here's what the full Hyperterminal message says:

"kdebug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 67.79 BogoMIPS
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: NumberTest: debug: failed at 0x1ffffdc
debug: MarchTest: debug: failed at 0x1ffffdc
dbox2:root>"

So frustrating. :shot:

<--capa added 13 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...-->

The best way when the box is like that is to use null modem cable only, and using hyperterminal (if you're on xp i think it's only available in professional, not home edition) i know this from my own experience, i put laky pro on my box then after that it stuck at the loading kernel stage of boot. If you need a walkthrough just PM me mate i'll be happy to help out.

Yes I'm on XP Pro matey and I'd love a walk through but I fear, as you will read above, that I'll not get past the first part. Unless you can think of something?

<--capa added 16 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...-->

"The message appears
S record load, offset: 800000"

If DL is typed in lower case!! "dl 800000" works.. You maybe want to update those instructions Fergal matey.

Unfortunately though it still timed out after doing the send file uboot thing. :(

Is the protocol at the sending file stage supposed to be set to "Zmodem with crash recovery"? As there are a few other options in there...

peco
13th September, 2008, 05:12 PM
Nothing's changed on this subject. Would everyone agree it's time to throw it out?

Skiboy
13th September, 2008, 07:31 PM
No dont through it out...keep trying with all the different IFA programmes...try another pc, i've had the same problem before and eventually it will take the image m8.

cheers

Fergal
13th September, 2008, 07:55 PM
Nothing's changed on this subject. Would everyone agree it's time to throw it out?
Install dboxmanager
use nullmodem start dbox manager and untick all boxes except com and set to 9600 like piccie then click start it should go to the com window
power up box holding the up button for a few seconds then release and post what you get

portbhoy
13th September, 2008, 10:23 PM
Are you using a computer with Duo or quad processor? If so try this press control/alt/delete once to bring up task manager, click processes tab, look for ifa prog(ifa.exe??), right click on prog, select set affinity, de-tick cpu 1 (and 2 , 3 if its a quad core) - leave tick in cpu 0 and exit task manager, done!

peco
14th September, 2008, 01:33 PM
To the two replies above. I've tried various versions of IFA. I've taken it to my pals using his computer and cables and it makes no difference. My computer doesn't have duo or quad processor. I have flashed these boxes and many more on this computer loads of times. I think it's DBox specific this problem

Install dboxmanager
use nullmodem start dbox manager and untick all boxes except com and set to 9600 like piccie then click start it should go to the com window
power up box holding the up button for a few seconds then release and post what you get

As instructed:

WATCHDOG reset enabled

Fergal
14th September, 2008, 05:50 PM
It looks like the memory expansion stick or socket is faulty take it out and check the log again you should not get the same error then try flashing it without the stick in use dboxmanager to flash it with both crossover and nullmodem cable
put image in C:\ and rename it mtd3.img
put ppcboot_writeflash in C:\
set dboxmanager like piccie then click utilities and choose mtd3.img image you have in C:\ and click ok
post what you get

peco
15th September, 2008, 05:53 PM
It looks like the memory expansion stick or socket is faulty take it out and check the log again you should not get the same error then try flashing it without the stick in use dboxmanager to flash it with both crossover and nullmodem cable
put image in C:\ and rename it mtd3.img
put ppcboot_writeflash in C:\
set dboxmanager like piccie then click utilities and choose mtd3.img image you have in C:\ and click ok
post what you get

This is really beginning to do my head in.

I did what you said. Removed the memory stick and used Bootmanager. But.. When I go to choose image in utilities I get this message:

"das nfs root verzeichnis muB existieren" which in English means: "the NFS root listing muB exist". The image I'm trying to add is a perfectly working image..

ARG!!! :bawling:

Edit: I pressed "Start !" anyway, even though I couldn't select the image. Here's what it said:

debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 16/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug:
boot net failed

Found file /root/platform/nokia-dbox2/kernel/os in Flash-FS

Branching to 0x40000

Watchdog enabled
DRAM: 16 MB

Options:
Un-Protected 63 sectors
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)

Fergal
15th September, 2008, 09:37 PM
Did you rename the image to mtd3.img and put it in C:\ when trying to flash it
hold the up button in like before as that log does not have the 3 march test data

peco
15th September, 2008, 11:07 PM
Did you rename the image to mtd3.img and put it in C:\ when trying to flash it
hold the up button in like before as that log does not have the 3 march test data

Yeah mate but when I hold the button in it stops at the prompt:

WATCHDOG reset enabled

Fergal
16th September, 2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah mate but when I hold the button in it stops at the prompt:

WATCHDOG reset enabled
It will stop there as it does the 3 tests and they have passed so its looks like the memory stick is faulty.
Post a screenshot of dbox manager before you hit the utilities tab

peco
16th September, 2008, 06:24 PM
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/589/dboxtd7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/dboxtd7.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img54/dboxtd7.jpg/1/)

arabeman14
16th September, 2008, 06:38 PM
Do not tick RARP , BootP , NFS
untick NFS-Server
select utilities then Image flashen
select your image (also put your image in the root c:\)
then click Ok and power the dbox off (unplug the power cable) then back on (plug the power cable).

then wait for this message " flashen abgeschlossen ..." click ok

Fergal
16th September, 2008, 06:45 PM
The top right window is pointing to the wrong file it should be
ppcboot_writeflash not ppcboot_flash browse to the correct file

peco
17th September, 2008, 07:11 PM
Do not tick RARP , BootP , NFS
untick NFS-Server
select utilities then Image flashen
select your image (also put your image in the root c:\)
then click Ok and power the dbox off (unplug the power cable) then back on (plug the power cable).

then wait for this message " flashen abgeschlossen ..." click ok

Youi're telling me to untick these but Fergal asks me to tick them as his thread (with picture) in the last page states.

<--capa added 2 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...-->

The top right window is pointing to the wrong file it should be
ppcboot_writeflash not ppcboot_flash browse to the correct file

Ok with your settings as above Fergal. Here is the Boot manager com info:

WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug:
debug: Got BOOTP reply from Server IP 192.168.1.6, My IP 192.168.0.202
debug: Sending TFTP-request for file C/Program Files/DBoxBoot/ppcboot_readflash
debug:
TFTP failed, giving up...
boot net failed

Found file /root/platform/nokia-dbox2/kernel/os in Flash-FS

Branching to 0x40000

Watchdog enabled
DRAM: 16 MB

Options:
Un-Protected 63 sectors
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)

peco
19th September, 2008, 03:53 PM
Going to just throw it out. It's clearly no longer going to work. Thanks for the help to all.

Skiboy
19th September, 2008, 03:57 PM
Going to just throw it out. It's clearly no longer going to work. Thanks for the help to all.

I'll take off your hands m8.if your going to through it out

cheers

arabeman14
19th September, 2008, 06:53 PM
hi,
use ppcboot_writeflash not ppcboot_flash mate

I'm sorry I can't help more, I'm in France otherwise I'll ask you to send it to me in order to flash it :)

jlover
19th September, 2008, 11:29 PM
Just to add to this that I have had the same problem with my old box. Spent up to 4 hours a night on the stupid thing. Gave it to a mate to try (even told him he could buy it off me really cheap if he fixed it) but he has given up. I think it could actually be the flash modules themselves. You can pick replacements up from Linux@DBox2.net - Shop - Welcome in the Onlineshop of Linux@dbox2.net! (http://www.dbox2.org.uk). I've not bought or tried this yet as I need to find somewhere that can fit them as they are quite small. Probably better off stripping it down and selling the parts though

stevieG
20th September, 2008, 04:28 AM
Just to add to this that I have had the same problem with my old box. Spent up to 4 hours a night on the stupid thing. Gave it to a mate to try (even told him he could buy it off me really cheap if he fixed it) but he has given up. I think it could actually be the flash modules themselves. You can pick replacements up from Linux@DBox2.net - Shop - Welcome in the Onlineshop of Linux@dbox2.net! (http://www.dbox2.org.uk). I've not bought or tried this yet as I need to find somewhere that can fit them as they are quite small. Probably better off stripping it down and selling the parts though
before u throw it out, please try IFA on an XP VERSION computer, because I had a similar problem with flashing, turned out to be bloody Vista shite.

StevieG

stevieG
20th September, 2008, 04:29 AM
Make sure u have both cables in.

peco
20th September, 2008, 09:38 AM
hi,
use ppcboot_writeflash not ppcboot_flash mate

I'm sorry I can't help more, I'm in France otherwise I'll ask you to send it to me in order to flash it :)

Yeah I tried that after Fergal asked me to above. :(

peco
20th September, 2008, 09:39 AM
before u throw it out, please try IFA on an XP VERSION computer, because I had a similar problem with flashing, turned out to be bloody Vista shite.

StevieG

I run Windows XP not Vista. I have tried numerous versions of IFA. :(

peco
20th September, 2008, 09:40 AM
Make sure u have both cables in.

lol :bawling:

peco
20th September, 2008, 09:40 AM

I wouldnt want to start buying stuff when I'm not sure if that's what wrong with it.

MetMan
20th September, 2008, 10:05 AM
I wouldnt want to start buying stuff when I'm not sure if that's what wrong with it.

what part of the country r u m8?

peco
20th September, 2008, 12:13 PM
S.Lanarkshire

MetMan
20th September, 2008, 01:47 PM
S.Lanarkshire

:hmmmm:to give it a go at flashing ur box would be a bit difficult for me then as i'm in S Wales....lol

peco
1st October, 2008, 06:05 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a new memory expansion thing?

minizone
1st October, 2008, 06:50 PM
ive flashed these boxes for fun with no problems, never required different ifa versions and believe it or not i only ever use x-over (no null modem cable)

the only problem i ever had, one particular box (looked like a 2 x chip) turned out to be a 1 x chip and was attempting to flash using a 2 x image or maybe the oposite way round, give it a try mate.

peco
1st October, 2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah I took it to the guy who started all these boxes many moons ago round my area and he said it's a two chip box juts like all the others I've ever seen/dealt with.

He confirms it is booting up with only 16 Mb of memory and it is 100% a memory module problem as Fergal on this thread had mentioned earlier.. Just looking to get a new memory module if anyone can point me in the right direction. Fleebay has ~~~~ all.

peco
2nd October, 2008, 09:05 AM

peco
5th October, 2008, 01:12 PM

Someone must have an idea? :dong:

smoggie
5th October, 2008, 08:47 PM
is this what you are looking for?? Linux@DBox2.net - Shop - various Chip's and IC's (http://www.dbox2.eu/pi364874479_3.htm?categoryId=16)

peco
6th October, 2008, 05:49 PM
is this what you are looking for?? Linux@DBox2.net - Shop - various Chip's and IC's (http://www.dbox2.eu/pi364874479_3.htm?categoryId=16)

That's the chap right there:

Linux@DBox2.net - Shop - Ram-Extension DBox2 Nokia 16MB (http://www.dbox2.eu/pd-1811030069.htm?categoryId=16)

Thanks very much......

But ~~~~ me gently 30 Euros = ?23.18 and that's not even including postage!! Jesus Christ!!

There must be a cheaper shop out there for a Ram-Extension memoery module thing. I was buying the thing in the hope that it would solve the problem. I can't afford to pay 34 Euros for something that might not even fix it. :(

peco
6th October, 2008, 05:54 PM
EDit:

When you click on the UK site, they are charging even more!!

Linux@DBox2.net - Shop - Ram-Extension DBox2 Nokia 16MB (http://www.dbox2.org.uk/pd-1811030069.htm?categoryId=16)

smoggie
6th October, 2008, 07:14 PM
have a look here eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst?cke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu g?nstigen Preisen (http://www.ebay.de/) you may get the ram here, or perhaps a mainboard and you can swap the tuners over. for the price he's looking for that part you can add a few quid and get a 500c for ?50

peco
8th October, 2008, 09:04 PM
I don't see on the German ebay. So frustrating.. :(

Not sure what a 500c is. Pretty happy with Dbox2's to be honest.

peco
1st November, 2008, 05:08 PM
Anyone have one of these memory expansion modules lying around?

lannyb2000
15th November, 2008, 11:03 AM
hi

can some1 please tell me what this means it comes up every time i try to flash the box its a nokia 2 and how do i get round it

Note: RSH is not with nearly all Linux images configured/activated! *** RSH will thus only function, if it your Linux Kernel gepatcht.

thanks

Kan
20th November, 2008, 05:54 AM
I've just solved the problem which I had since yesteday and which was the same with "Capa"s one.
You should do the common procedure of Flash writing with BootManager. All settings are standard. But the secret was that you should by resetting Dbox2 (in order to start flashing) press these two buttons together, as we all know, but at first you should release the "standby" button, and the other button (the right one) you should keep pressing for about 30 seconds. It is needed to let the IP from PC to the Dbox be addressed right way. It works! I repeat - I had all the same symptoms as "Capa".
I've read this solution, actually right here
d-box 2 | D-Box 2 Sagem (http://www.dvb-team.biz/thread.php?threadid=11071)
yes, in german.
I say, it works!

hergli9
24th November, 2008, 04:22 PM
thinkyou for all explication

sg1ghost
26th November, 2008, 02:04 AM
Areet m8, u get box sorted or is it still kaput......

just wonderin b4 i buy 1 off feebay thats stuck on Lade.... seem 2 sell 4 ?40 faulty..

peco
6th June, 2009, 06:42 PM
I've just solved the problem which I had since yesteday and which was the same with "Capa"s one.
You should do the common procedure of Flash writing with BootManager. All settings are standard. But the secret was that you should by resetting Dbox2 (in order to start flashing) press these two buttons together, as we all know, but at first you should release the "standby" button, and the other button (the right one) you should keep pressing for about 30 seconds. It is needed to let the IP from PC to the Dbox be addressed right way. It works! I repeat - I had all the same symptoms as "Capa".
I've read this solution, actually right here
d-box 2 | D-Box 2 Sagem (http://www.dvb-team.biz/thread.php?threadid=11071)
yes, in german.
I say, it works!

Capa was my previos name. (It's now Peco) ;)

Although you say our symptoms were the same I think mine is a different problem. When booting up the debug screen shows my box as only running 16 MB. That means this particular box is running 16MB less than what it should be (32Mb). Most boxes I have came in contact with has 32 built in and does not require a 16mb memory module (Ram-Extension). But this box has one and needs a new one. The fact that it's not working is the reason the box will not take a clean flash.

I still have the same problem btw, really need a 16mb memory module/Ram-Extension from somewhere.

kadi
2nd July, 2009, 11:55 AM
i have the exact same problem as Peco, did u manage to find a place which sells the 16mb ram extenisions?