PDA

View Full Version : ECU tweaks!

svartfgl
21st January, 2019, 10:51 PM
Hi Everyone!
I am new here and interesting in learning about my cars ECU unit, reading everything I can find here on the topic.
Thinking to order some kind of system to read/write data to the ECU but first I would like to hear some feedback from what one people recommend and what one can do with and without physically removing stuff in the car.

I see a lot of people requesting EGR, DPF, AdBlue, Stage1 etc. I understand remapping is possible without touching anything else (except ECU) but EGR and DPF stuff feel like you actually need to remove filters or valves.. would one gain any HP removing this kind of functions or why are people interested in disabling them?

My car is a VW Passat TDI 2014 177HP CFGC with ECU: 03L 907 309 AE, both DPF and EGR active.

flashtech
22nd January, 2019, 07:13 AM
If you wanna order something to read/write only your car than it will be cheaper to find some local tuner and pay him for tune.

Cyrez
22nd January, 2019, 08:16 PM
I Think Kess v2 and ktag is perfect for you. Take a Look for kess v2 carlist, maybe it should be Able to do most of the Cars you want to tune.

i think best Option to Test tools like ktag is to used ecu, do immo off and test with new Maps in your car.

Be careful with your Original ecu, it will be very expensive if you crash it.

First rule is Full Backup if you work on your Original ecu :)

svartfgl
22nd January, 2019, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your input Cyrez, just ordered a "Kess KTAG V7.020/KESS V5.017 Master Version No Token RED EU" from Germany, will see if that will do.. Will also order a cloned ECU due to water leakage in my current ECU. (Really bad placement/design from VW.)

And how important is DSG tuning to do if I remap the ECU?