PDA

View Full Version : DM800S BOOTING PROBLEM

king03j
9th December, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hi guys, hope you can help with this!

I have installed the nabiloblackhole sat image and i have tested it but it does not boot. The normal Nabilosat screen appears, the box starts to boot, the screen goes blank and the box freezes on the Dream Multimedia Booting screen, the red LED goes off and on intermittently the loading/progress bar goes no more than a tenth of the way across the screen. I have tried re-flashing this particular box 3 times but it is still faulty. Please help.

Thanks!

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 12:19 PM
have you tryed reflashing it with null modon cable and dreamup seems like this might be your only way or have yu tryed a diiance imaga like pli to see if that will boo
t

king03j
9th December, 2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks for replying, i have tried dreamup and flashing by the browser but both have the same outcome. Where can i locate the diiance image please?

Superman
9th December, 2009, 12:28 PM
Have you tried with Dreamup Enforcer?

Thanks

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 12:35 PM
sorry mate thats my bad spelling diffance image go to the downloads and see whats in there

Superman
9th December, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hi Mate,
Try a older bootloader, try NiabloSat 0.12 bootloader SS70, this may work for you.

Thanks

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 12:42 PM
if you box is a clone then you need to use a clone image it has boot load install on most clone images now here a link to the gemini clone image just put your mouse on the blue letters and press ok
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Gemini2 v4.5 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/gemini2-v4-5-985/)

Superman
9th December, 2009, 12:45 PM
Use niabloSat clone patched image, its the best image out there, its better than gemini.

thanks

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 12:50 PM
nablio sever has been down for a while you cannot download your cams or pulginsand images are for the user to make there own mind up witch one they like try them alll

Superman
9th December, 2009, 12:53 PM
yes true kevin64, but many users are not well knowledged about this so we have to try and guide them. Most images are very similar if were being honest, again its personal choice and it depends on what your doing with it.

Thanks

king03j
9th December, 2009, 12:55 PM
so far i've tried bootloader 70 & 72, gemini 440, 420 & NabiloBlackHole 011G2_DM800_ss70-modified and non of these have worked, they all do exactly the same, the initial screen comes up then it goes black and the boot screen freezes - i've just tried Nabilosat Enigma2 Black Hole - DM800 v0.12 FOR CLO (39.25 MB) and that does the same.

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 12:56 PM
ok let just try and get this guy up and running while i say use gemini because just seeing if his box will bootand if it does then maybe he was not useing a clone image in the first place

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 01:01 PM
well it does not look like you are getting anywere useing the interface you say you have tryed dreanup what happens in dreamup when you start to load image des it go allthe way and flash the box

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:03 PM
Hmm, have you tired just install the SS72(through dreambox), then a image, maybe your bootload is curropt? Also on dreamup make sure Network box is Unticked.

Thanks

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:08 PM
thanks mate!

Yes in dreamup it goes all the way. Most of the images i have tried i have done via the browser though. The same result on every image is that the screen shot of the image shows on the TV whether it be nabilo or gemini then it goes black

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:15 PM
also tried this guys Gemini-4.5-BL72-dreamboxclones.co.cc and exactly the same, the red led flashes about ten times before the image screen goes off the the boot screen freezes, sorry to be a pian but your help is appreciated!

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hi Mate,
Try just installing the bootloader, then try reinstalling a image, maybe this will work, also is it just showing "Dream Multimedia" on LCd at front, and is it clone or original?

Thanks

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:19 PM
hi mate, its a clone and yes shows dream multimedia, booting... but the loading bar below that only moves a couple of mil before stopping.

I've tried BL69, 70 & 72, can you suggest a link please?

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 01:19 PM
here you go i just upload dreambox enforce for you try this out its dreamup but with sweet and sour sauce made in china for clone boxs in the file is a walk though useing this software will take a 60 mins to flash your box
Digital Kaos - Downloads - dreambox enforcer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/dreambox-enforcer-990/)

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:26 PM
thanks mate, just up-loading flash loader now

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:26 PM
It sounds like a bad connection to me if you tried all differnt softwares on it, try this, sounds really silly, take the tuner out and try it?

Thanks

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:29 PM
i'll try that shorty supersatshop, kevin with this dreambox enforcer is there a quick way to flash as dreamup normally takes 61 mins!

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:30 PM
If your dreamup is working dreambox enforcer is no use, all dreambox enforcer does is allow you to flash a image when you normally cant, ie the box is not saying its connected :)

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:33 PM
ahh ok, well everything flashes fine, no probs with dreamup or browser flash, i had 2 of these from the same supplier and the one i did first works fine!

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 01:33 PM
no qiuck way with dreamup sorry

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:37 PM
With dreamup there is a quick way, just enable network, it then flashs though FTP.

Try the tuner thing mate, i know some guys box wouldnt boot and it was due to the tuner.

Thanks

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:39 PM
just trying to get the thing out now mate, first time!

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:44 PM
It should be plug & Play but i know they are a bit of a bugger at times, they slide off to the right, if your looking from the back of the box.

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 01:47 PM
Ialso read about removing tuner and the box boots but its not a tuner problem because people have replaced tuner and the same thing happens this is the last post on this in another froum
Hi PMRS,

You are correct, anyone with our problem will get their box to boot every time, as long as the tuner is removed!

In my opinion, part of the boot process must involve some sort of POST (power on, self test) process, where it checks for associated hardware. For some reason, our tuners are failing the test, so it stops the box booting. If you remove the tuner, it can't check it, so it carries on booting. It must use the tuner driver (bcm7401.ko) installed by the image, and make a decision based on what the driver reports.

Of course, this is all pure guesswork. We need someone with a bit of knowledge to help us!

Regards,
GAH

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:51 PM
doesnt look promising then guys!

This tuner certainly isn't one that looks like it slides out, seems to be bolted in!

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 01:55 PM
you have to remove the case six screws then remove all the screws in the back panel 2 nuts and 4 bolts then remove then back panel the slide tuner out take your time not to bend back panel

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:55 PM
All DM800 tuners are plug and play, they just look bloted in, and there a bugger to get out as i said. lol..

Super

king03j
9th December, 2009, 01:59 PM
ok guys its out and has booted!

Shall i try it with it back in now?

Superman
9th December, 2009, 02:03 PM
See i clever me :) lol..

Yeh, but i highly doubt it will work.

super

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 02:04 PM
did you buy your box in the uk/ or from china

kevin64
9th December, 2009, 02:06 PM
you are among many people with the same problem on another forum if you pm me i will send you a link so you can read up here is no fix for this send your box back to suppler

Superman
9th December, 2009, 02:08 PM
Try a OLD Original Image, not patched, it has a chance of workking i think.

king03j
9th December, 2009, 02:09 PM
from china, the guy is good though, i've had dm500c & dm800c in the last couple of months and he's always sent replacements for faulty parts, they've only been power supplies and remotes though!

Superman
9th December, 2009, 02:12 PM
He should replace it for you, but its a costly process sending back via EMS (aka ParcelForce) As i said try a old image and see if the old drivers work for you.

Super

king03j
9th December, 2009, 02:14 PM
I'll give it a go mate, whats the name of an image you recommend?

Superman
9th December, 2009, 02:14 PM
Try a old NiabloSat Image and have a wack at that look for like a version 0.10 or lower
and make sure the SS is not above 72

lincra
10th December, 2009, 09:56 PM
Hi all

I too may be having a similar problem. My original DM800 is failing to boot for last 2 days. After several attempts at plugging unplugging the power cable it appears to start making a buzzing/humming noise and then after further such attempts starts to power on but only for a few seconds...then after further such attempts is able to boot up and I am able to watch the channels but only for a few minutes after which have to start the whole process again.

Tried removing the DVB-S tuner but still doesn't boot.
I am not a hardware engineer but just guessing -> ?capacitor or some other hadware problem. Was able to change nabilosat to genuine enigma image but same problem....so unlikely software.

I have had this box for slightly more than a year.

Any ideas?

Sorry to hijack the threat but my problem sounds similar. Mods if you feel this post should be somewhere else please feel free to move it.
Thanks in advance.

Curious123
10th December, 2009, 11:29 PM
I really fancy having one of these dm800 clones but looking at all the people having problems fans and bootloaders makes me have second thoughts. @lincra you said you have had your box for year is it genuine?

Superman
10th December, 2009, 11:35 PM
Hi Curious, in his thread he says original so i am guessing its geniune, as for problems, my guess is all these boxes are coming from the same manufactor in china which is why there are so many similar problems, and with the fans, they are easily removed/unplugged and silent ones fitted or use a cooling pad.

Hope this helps
Super

lincra
11th December, 2009, 03:58 PM
Hi All

My problem has been solved.

Yes, the box is original. I opened a ticket at the Dreambox site and they promptly replied saying it must be a hardware fault and to ask my dealer to arrange for the box to be sent to them for repairs.

However, when I emailed the dealer Mark Hemmingworth from Satsore he was quick to diagnose a power adapter failure which indeed it was. I tried my router's 12V adapter and the box works fine.

What a relief that the box had been OK all along.