PDA

View Full Version : is this true online gaming sony

blue eyes
9th December, 2009, 04:48 PM
i have heard sony are going to charge for the online gaming as of next year.is this true or not.wil be devastated if it is
thanks

portbhoy
9th December, 2009, 05:13 PM
Yes and no mate read here Sony hints at paid premium service for PSN in 2010 (http://www.examiner.com/x-16313-NY-PS3-Examiner~y2009m11d25-Sony-hints-at-paid-premium-service-for-PSN-in-2010)

calvin plummer
10th December, 2009, 12:03 PM
Slightly off topic but I was tickled when Microsoft explained why they didn't have Iplayer on live - because they can't charge for it............way to give your customers value for money.

Sony is basically searching for alternative revenue streams, it's been a tough couple of years for them, a premium service will possibly include a few free maps and hopefully a more stable service (though theoretically more people should be able to play online at once on PSN it rarely happens that way).

Personally I'd pay extra just to stay off the racist/homophobic teenage american nightmare that is live

Raven
10th December, 2009, 06:43 PM
Slightly off topic but I was tickled when Microsoft explained why they didn't have Iplayer on live - because they can't charge for it............way to give your customers value for money.

Value for money ? Microsoft ? There's a reason why value for money and M$ don't mix particularly well in the same sentence. And that is that Microsoft are blatantly all about how much money they can cream off of their consumers.

Sony is basically searching for alternative revenue streams, it's been a tough couple of years for them,

Personally I disagree, it's been their best 2 years with regards to the PS3 and it's only been getting better as the momentum built up. Sony are a forward thinking company especially when it comes to their consoles.

Personally I'd pay extra just to stay off the racist/homophobic teenage american nightmare that is live

It'll remain a free service to play online on the PS3, but expect the PSN to go the exact same way as you just described of Live as more and more people are buying PS3's now. So it stands to reason that the younger twerps will end up on PSN as soon as the PS3 becomes a reality for them. Not that I'm bothered because I rarely play online anyhow. Not worth it for me. Give me a good storyline anyday.

calvin plummer
10th December, 2009, 06:50 PM
Good grief, some common ground

Raven
10th December, 2009, 08:31 PM
It surprised me too - mind you it's hard to be wrong on this one since it's either pure fact or pure personal preference without any in betweens regarding personal opinion - mostly! ;)