PDA

View Full Version : Ecu EDC15vm IMMO and Eeprom

vence
28th January, 2019, 07:18 PM
Hi, I have two questions, can you help me?

it is an EDC15 vm + 038906012HD control unit from the VAG group.

1: if I remove the original eeprom am29f400bt from the motherboard and put a new one (virgin), could I record with some interface or do I necessarily need a Willem programmer?

I have the galletto 1260 and kwp2000 + but this does not work well, it is the bad units. (always error Kick Not Found)

I prefer to buy another interface to record in boot mode to buy a programmer that will only use it once.

2: I have 2 equal switchboards 038906012HD. but only one works in the car for the IMMO, the other is not configured.
If I remove the memory 24C04 and put it in the other switchboard, would the car work?

Regards, and thank you very much

TuningInside83
28th January, 2019, 09:25 PM
yes work.....

kospoz
28th January, 2019, 09:57 PM
Galletto will be ok

vence
28th January, 2019, 10:24 PM
yes work.....

Hello, thanks for answering.
I guess this answer refers to the second question, right? It means that if it works by changing the memory of the IMMO, right?

Galletto will be ok

Hello, thanks for answering.
I guess you answer the first question, right?

with Galletto I could not. With the switchboard outside the car I connect it with (+), (-) and (K) and I can only read / write the memories that are already programmed.

The new memories (without data) I can not access them or read or write, I guess you have to enter boot mode to "recover" the switchboard and with a cookie you can not and the KWP2000 gives me that error and I have already checked the drivers a thousand times and I do it from win xp sp3 recently installed

kospoz
28th January, 2019, 10:41 PM
Very simple 1260 can read write flash and with commander 1.4 you can read write eeproms and do immo off

kospoz
28th January, 2019, 10:44 PM
Tell us what you need to do exactly

vence
28th January, 2019, 11:09 PM
Very simple 1260 can read write flash and with commander 1.4 you can read write eeproms and do immo off

thanks again

with the galletto I have reprogrammed the switchboard by OBD a thousand times and without problems.

but what I mean is that I have put a new memory 29f400bt (no data) and with the Galletto I can not access the switchboard, it is as if it were blocked !!!! I can not "info", or "read" or "write" and I have tried with the switchboard outside the car and nothing

but if I put a old memory with data if it reads it and can be deleted and written.

Yes, with the vag k-commander I can deactivate the IMMO but I do not like that. I want to have IMMO activated

Thank you

edit:

I write with the google translator forgive the errors

TuningInside83
28th January, 2019, 11:29 PM
Copy both EEPROM and Flash in the new ECU and get a clone ECU

kospoz
29th January, 2019, 04:44 PM
perhaps for new flash chip you must write it with ext programmer

immokill
29th January, 2019, 05:05 PM
For new EPROM 29fxxx you must write with programmer like labtool or else . Or try with boot mode to write with 1260 galleto .

vence
30th January, 2019, 11:08 PM
Copy both EEPROM and Flash in the new ECU and get a clone ECU

Yes, that's what it's about. thank you for answering but it does not solve anything that answer does not answer any of my questions
thank you anyway

perhaps for new flash chip you must write it with ext programmer

if it can be, that's why I wanted to be confirmed, with that I counted but if it can be done with a better interface

Thank you

For new EPROM 29fxxx you must write with programmer like labtool or else . Or try with boot mode to write with 1260 galleto .

Thank you. tomorrow I try to do boot mode, the bad that each one does in a way:
Some with resistance, others without it ....
Some ground the pin 24 more seconds, others less seconds ...
Some light the ECU before others later ...
I do not know where to find the correct information, with the google translator it becomes very difficult.
greetings and thank you very much for replying
Yes, that's what it's about. thank you for answering but it does not solve anything that answer does not answer any of my questions

morgano
30th January, 2019, 11:20 PM
With bootmode you will be able to program a blank flash chip fit to the ecu.

The resistor is not neccesary to make boot mode on c167 processor, is just an electrical safeness measure. You can do it with or without the resistor, if you do it well it will work.

Ground the 24 pin of the flash BEFORE give power to the ecu, while ground is connected to pin 24 power on the ecu, 2 or 3 seconds later disconnect the ground from the 24 pin and directly proceed to write in bootmode your flash.

Bootmode uses different protocol than normal obd writting, ensure you choose in the software that you are going to work in BOOTMODE otherwise it will not work.

vence
8th February, 2019, 06:04 PM
Hello colleagues, to see if you can help me with a question ...

I have two ECU`s with the same reference:
ECU1 => The one in my car
ECU2 => The one of a car discharged (scrapping)

I just realized that in the ECU2 (of scrapping) I can not see the VIN code of the vehicle in which it was installed but if the km that the car had ..

I do not see it with the VagCom or the Galletto. With the VagCom, when I enter "Engine", the field where the VIN code should be is blank. and with the galletto when I do "info ECU" I get the data of SW, HW, etc. but the VIN code does not come.

In my ECU1 I can see the VIN code with both the VAG and the Galletto.

that's why I have doubts:

- the VIN code where it is stored? in the am29f400, in the 24c04 (with the IMMO) in another place?

- If you have bored the VIN, does it mean that you also have IMMO off?

my idea is to put two 29f400 chips in the second hand ECU2 to activate with a switch and for the car to start (IMMO), desolder the 24c04 of my ECU1 and weld it to the ECU2

if I change the 24c04 of my ECU1 to the ECU2 it will not have problems with the IMMO but when I put the VagCom, I will see my VIN number ???? Will I see the km of my ECU1 or the km of the ECU2?

Thanks in advance