PDA

View Full Version : Amarok wont start

cncauto
30th January, 2019, 11:38 AM
Hi all I tried to get a read of an amarok ecu, the read didnt work but now the car also wont start. i cannot scan the engine ecu with any of my scan tools, but there are fault codes in the abs to say there is no comunication with the engine control module.
any ideas

thanks

exe123
30th January, 2019, 11:54 AM
Maybe you start with giving more information...
But I guess you try to read via bootmode. So you either damaged ECU by opening or when soldering the bootpin.

boomeer
30th January, 2019, 11:59 AM
Hi all I tried to get a read of an amarok ecu, the read didnt work but now the car also wont start. i cannot scan the engine ecu with any of my scan tools, but there are fault codes in the abs to say there is no comunication with the engine control module.
any ideas

thanks
what engine ... what ECU... what tools you use to try read this ECU

cncauto
30th January, 2019, 11:59 AM
sorry I opened the ecu and test ran the vehicle after it was opened and it was fine. I didn't solder the boot pin in I used a probe and my frame to support it. I have tried using my postioning frame and adapters to read and also directly connecting to the ecu header plug. both do nothing and then the K-tag times out and gives an error

cncauto
30th January, 2019, 12:00 PM
ECU is an EDC17c54 I have a kess and ktag, the engine is a CNEA 2.0 tdi

exe123
30th January, 2019, 12:02 PM
then you made a mistake while connecting it. are you sure you used the correct cable to connect to bootpin?

boomeer
30th January, 2019, 12:04 PM
ECU is an EDC17c54 I have a kess and ktag, the engine is a CNEA 2.0 tdi
do you read in boot mode with GPT adapter?

exe123
30th January, 2019, 12:11 PM
Have you used grey cable for bootmode or red cable?
If you used red cable, you permanently damaged the ECU.

cncauto
30th January, 2019, 12:20 PM
I have just been looking through the instructions on my ktag and they are differnet to the ones that Qfiles have online, I suspect I have damaged it by the boot jumper still being bridged on the 14P600KT04 adapter. I used the grey boot wire but that was after I tried to read it using my frame which I think is when the damage was done.

cncauto
30th January, 2019, 12:53 PM
would the ecu be fixable in this case? or should I start trying to find another one.

voltechcar
30th January, 2019, 02:12 PM
learn immo and start