PDA

View Full Version : Bmw x5 e53 and e70 bizarre panel operation

Jancis
31st January, 2019, 09:31 AM
​Hi,

There are two BMW cars, both diesels, e53 and e70 with simalar dashboard problems. Car owners unfamiliar with each other and when I asking about is something was done with dashboards, the answer was negative.
So, the problems come from following things:
1) when turn on ignition and start the car fuel gauge go to maximum( not important if inside is half of fuel tank or 1/3).
2) when driving spidometer gauge lives its own life ( when drive to 100km/hour- show just 30 km/hour or something like that)
3) tachometer also lives its own life - on idle show 5000 rpm, sometime 3000rpm.
Both cars drive and the engine works as needed, just dashboards work as described above.
When take of negative terminal from battery and put it back, then in moment all look good whereas it should be, but as soon as the car starts up again everything goes back to the old rails again.

How I know for fuel gauge and spidometer work answer driver's side rear wheel abs sensor, but it look ok and no diagnostic faul codes on it. What about tachometer gauge? Maybe here is other problem?
Just don't understand where to look....

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Jancis
31st January, 2019, 07:06 PM
Problem is solved!