PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton stripped of Belgian grand prix win

Bulld0g
7th September, 2008, 07:35 PM
BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Hamilton stripped of Belgian win (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7602830.stm)

.: JaCkPoT :.
7th September, 2008, 07:45 PM
me as a ferrari fan i am pleased but i would have preferred raki to win not massa. any way good on hamilton!!!!
__________________________________________________ _______________________
__________________________________________________ _______________________
Result of Belgian Grand Prix:

1. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari one hour 22 minutes 59.394 seconds
2. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 9.383 seconds behind
3. Lewis Hamilton* (GB) McLaren-Mercedes at 10.539secs
4. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault 14.478
5. Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 14.576
6. Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 15.037
7. Sebastien Bourdais (Fra) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 16.735
8. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault 42.776
9. Timo Glock** (Ger) Toyota 67.045,
10. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes one lap behind
11. David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault one lap
12. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams one lap
13. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India-Ferrari one lap
14. Kazuki Nakajima (Jpn) Williams-Toyota one lap
15. Jenson Button (GB) Honda one lap
16. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota one lap
17. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Force India-Ferrari one lap
18R Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari two laps
R Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda 19 laps completed
R Nelson Piquet (Brz) Renault 31 laps

Key: R = retired

Fastest lap: Raikkonen, 1:47.930, lap 24

* Hamilton penalised 25 seconds for gaining an advantage by cutting a chicane

** Glock penalised 25 seconds for ignoring yellow warning flags
bbc sport

Jaffa
7th September, 2008, 10:52 PM
Its a bloody farce, Ferrari have too much power and pull all the strings.

He gained no advantage cos Kimmy never finished the race.

7th September, 2008, 11:33 PM
Kimi never finished because he was under lewis' pressure. Had lewis been further back then kimi could have eased on to the brakes and not fly off like he did. Thats twice that little guy has messed around with ferrari illegaly this year. He may be talented but hes obviously not knowledged enough in concerns to the rules and neither are mcLaren. Face it

Sig-gotyouth
7th September, 2008, 11:42 PM
Hamilton was robbed... THIS WILL GO TO COURT believe me

8th September, 2008, 12:04 AM
He deserves it. I think he is talented but cocky. I hate him. He thinks hes all it coz he is young and with a good team but at times he does my head in. Especially when he crashed into a ferrari in the pit lane.

cantona7
9th September, 2008, 05:42 AM
hamilton gained ~~~~ all from going acrooss corner ,yet on the last race ferrari nearly caused a crash in pit lane and badly hurt 1 of own pit crew.
what happens to ferrari ~~~~ ALL again
hamilton goes wide to avoid crashing cause raikenham forces him out and gets docked 25 secs (stinks a bit to me)
as for the fact that raikenham crashed anyway cause he cant race in rain as good as hamilton (hamilton had gained 4 to 5 secs in 2 laps)
:beheaded:

simo2k
9th September, 2008, 10:25 PM
hamilton gained ~~~~ all from going acrooss corner ,yet on the last race ferrari nearly caused a crash in pit lane and badly hurt 1 of own pit crew.
what happens to ferrari ~~~~ ALL again
hamilton goes wide to avoid crashing cause raikenham forces him out and gets docked 25 secs (stinks a bit to me)
as for the fact that raikenham crashed anyway cause he cant race in rain as good as hamilton (hamilton had gained 4 to 5 secs in 2 laps)
:beheaded:

actually hamilton gained a lot from cutting the chicane had it been gravel he would have slowed and followed kimi hence the advantage if you watched in car footage of it hamilton didnt lift off the throttle to let kimi past then retook him straight after. if he had sense he would have let kimi have the first corner cos it would only be a matter of time before he passed kimi anyway. his cockiness to pass cars at any oportunity cost him ultimatly.

also it wont go to court lol any drive thru penalty given cannot be appealed so imo the decision is final and the appeal will be thrown out.

also the pit lane incident at valencia is a grey one how many times have you seen this happen in other races so i think it was fair to punish the team not driver. do you want the driver to get out and have a look when its safe to go or look over his left shoulder :) its a team call so team punishment.

jaytag
9th September, 2008, 10:36 PM
thats bollocks

10th September, 2008, 12:01 AM
Speak as much as you want. I think hamilton is a load of ^^^^. Good on him that alonso gave him a headache last year. Remember we are going to die tomorrow. lol

simo2k
10th September, 2008, 12:08 AM
thats bollocks

aint got a clue about f1 then mate :thefinger:

Jaffa
10th September, 2008, 11:47 AM
also the pit lane incident at valencia is a grey one how many times have you seen this happen in other races so i think it was fair to punish the team not driver. do you want the driver to get out and have a look when its safe to go or look over his left shoulder :) its a team call so team punishment.

Why did this happen at Spa GP2 then.

The FIA stewards have further muddied the waters about what an ?unsafe release? from the pits is.
They gave a penalty to GP2 driver Bruno Senna for incident that was almost identical to the one involving Ferrari?s Felipe Massa at Valencia two weeks ago - when Massa got no penalty.
In today?s GP2 feature race at Spa-Francorchamps Bruno Senna was released from the pits alongside the Durango car of Alberto Valerio, just as Massa was released alongside Adrian Sutil. In a near carbon copy of the Valencia controversy, Senna drove alongside Valerio?s car before slotting in behind it. Senna, like Massa, was leading the race before his pit stop.
The FIA stewards described Massa?s move as ?Unsafe release from pit stop, although no sporting advantage was obtained.? It?s hard to see how the same assessment does not apply to Bruno Senna.
After the Valencia incident Ferrari were told the matter would be investigated after the race, and then received a ?10,000 (?7,979) penalty. It was clear they didn?t expect Massa to get a time penalty, as his lap times fell off sharply towards the end of the race
But in the GP2 race the announcement very quickly came that Senna was being investigated, and he was shortly given a standard drive-through penalty.