PDA

View Full Version : 870717 - enigma services

hamidi
7th September, 2008, 10:14 PM
hi
i've a DM7000. i like to know what settings i've to do in my new receiver to have all available channels list of the following satellites:
Turksat 1C
Intetsat 902
Badr C
Hotbird 1/2/3/6
hotbird is removed from the list of the satellites and i don't know what to do to have it again.
i like a way to delete all services and satellites, have some files to copy to the box and they get restored to the best and the most complete lists without having to set anything in the box manually and do any search.
i like also to be able to sort services i add to bouquets. only All Satellites list is sorted.
i like the lists to be complete but not to contain redundant services.
i had starsat 4000 and many things was better there. i'll post a list of disadvantages of the box now i have. maybe it doesn't have the abilities or i don't know. so it's a good idea to discuss about it. the developers of the box may also refer to this site and may be able to have our opinions.
regards

Curious123
7th September, 2008, 10:18 PM
Load the Captain's setting for a list of the services and bouquets.

hamidi
7th September, 2008, 10:35 PM
Captain's settings?! sorry, i'm just a newbie at this site as well as the box. would u please explain more?

westkill
7th September, 2008, 11:13 PM
try here m8
this should work

http://www.satellitesettings.net/post/Captains90E-58W28Aug08Dreambox.aspx

hamidi
8th September, 2008, 12:19 AM
wow thx :)
i downloaded the file and extracted it into /var/tuxbox/config/enigma
i expected that bouquets names and channels lists get changed, but it didn't happen.
i thought i had to restart enigma, but even restarting the box didn't help.
i didn't del anything, i just copied the files and replaced the older ones with the new ones.

westkill
8th September, 2008, 01:06 AM
try this

In your services folder on your desktop, you should now have a services and a bouquets file, without an extention, and lots of userbouquet files.

Using your FTP client, ftp the services and bouquets files to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma on your box.
Using your FTP client, ftp the userbouquet files to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/cable on your box.
If the bouquets do not show, try putting them in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma.

If you have an image with a Reload Channels option, do this now. If you don't, you will have to to do the following...

Open web browser and paste the following command into the address bar:

http://192.168.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/reloadSettings
(replace x with your own ip address)

Open web browser and paste the following command into the address bar:

http://192.168.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/reloadUserBouquets
(replace x with your own ip address)

You should get a screen saying OK after both these commands.

Press OK on your dreambox then BLUE to bring up your bouquets.
Hopefully they should all be there.

hamidi
8th September, 2008, 02:19 AM
thanx
all files r located in the enigma dir and cable dir is empty. however, i copied the files into both dirs. i thought some files might be remained from previous moments. so i cleaned the dir and copied the entire dir to both cable and the enigma dir.
then i used the reload commands. i also restarted enigma then the box.
no way works. data is still there. nothing is removed. nothing is replaced. it seems enigma refers to somewhere else and doesn't pay attention to this dir at all. :(

westkill
8th September, 2008, 07:57 AM
look in the downloads for a programe called dreambox edit
you should be able to importthe files from your desktop into the the software and the export them to your box :)

krazylegz
8th September, 2008, 08:21 AM
ftp never works for sevice files for me either m8, use dreambox edit works a treat

hamidi
8th September, 2008, 07:43 PM
oh thx
it's weird that ftp may not work. data get changed anyway. where does the box read data from? maybe i've to turn the power off to clean all caches? as an expert in computer, programming and Windows, it's hard for me to figure out how this may happen. but, sure, i'll try dreambox edit too tonight
thx m8s again :)

<--hamidi added 435 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...-->

wow it worked :)
thank u very much. but it's still a question for me that what does dreambox edit do that the ftp command doesn't.

<--hamidi added 38 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...-->

hey
list of bouquets is now changed. but it seems that it has not been enough to export the captain's list. let me describe my config:
i've four dishes with four LNB's. in Satellite Configurations section there r listed as follows:
HotBird6/7A/3 (13.0E) DiSEqC AA
BadrC/3/4 (26.0E) DiSEqC AB
Turksat1C/2A (42.0E) DiSEqC BA
Intelsat902 (62.0E) DiSEqC BB
when i bring up eg. VOX channel it shows IRIB Quran instead! most of channels r also not shown. what i need is to have the best config based on the info i mentioned and the list of all channels ordered. maybe if i set config properly and then search i will have them. but i prefer to upload them because some may be manually set to be found, i think.
sorry, i'm a newbie. any assistance is appreciated.
thx

westkill
8th September, 2008, 10:25 PM
i dont no a lot on sat still learning myself lol
does it have this on your image in sat configuration
under simple
instead of aa ab ba bb
can you not have diseqc a/b/c/d
with a 4 port lnb switch
would this run better or just the same

thank u very much. but it's still a question for me that what does dreambox edit do that the ftp command doesn't.

maybe its a read/write permissions thing

hamidi
8th September, 2008, 10:46 PM
hi
i read ur quote several times. i think it's difficult for me to understand what u exactly mean. sorry, eng is not my mother tongue. :P
the page i found the spec i posted in my prev quote was the Satellite Configuration dialog, if u meant this.
by using the same configuration i've been able to access all channels properly, although i'm not sure what i've had has been really all of the channels.
i think i've to read some documents which simply describe the Setup/Service Searching section...