PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cooper dash not showing mileage

autoelek
7th February, 2019, 12:12 PM
Hi I have car Mini Cooper 2001 year. Dash not showing miles on led screen, on speedo and odometer. In diagnostic not fault code and all dash test positive only without led test. It possible to someone try to change mileage and corrupt dash ?

Dejfat
8th February, 2019, 07:40 PM
looks like a hardware failure. it may be a damaged lcd

morgano
8th February, 2019, 07:45 PM
Go to the rear of the car, look in the trunk near the rear right corner where the brake lights connect and check for water ingest there. Common fault in new gen minis.

Yhoni
13th April, 2021, 06:15 AM
Hi I have car Mini Cooper 2001 year. Dash not showing miles on led screen, on speedo and odometer. In diagnostic not fault code and all dash test positive only without led test. It possible to someone try to change mileage and corrupt dash ?

Hello friend, were you able to solve the problem of your dash? How did you do it, please?

Thanks.

tomvleeuwen
13th April, 2021, 07:13 AM
This is a very common problem. LCD is simply dead. Picture of autoelec shows wrong gauge, mileage is shown in center if it has a center clock. But both LCDs are prone to failure. Just replace the LCD with a known good one inside cluster.

Yhoni
13th April, 2021, 08:18 AM
This is a very common problem. LCD is simply dead. Picture of autoelec shows wrong gauge, mileage is shown in center if it has a center clock. But both LCDs are prone to failure. Just replace the LCD with a known good one inside cluster.

Thanks for the information tomvleeuwen, but I found this fault in the Mini dash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0557BDVprMo

Do you think it is more common to solve it by replacing the lcd screens?

Thank.