PDA

View Full Version : Pegeout 206 1999 BSI big problem.

BeatsByMe
8th February, 2019, 10:20 PM
Hi,guys.
A Pegeout 206 1999 came for a second key (PCF 7935),I read and programmed it via Orange 5 and Tango successfully,soldered it perfectly,but everything stopped working.The car won't start with both keys,the hazard light don't work,but sometimes the button goes red,wipers and blinkers stopped functioning and the interior light works from time to time.The same is with the central locking.
All the fuses are ok and he relays work. Some help will help a lot...
Thanks in advance

rafal
8th February, 2019, 10:22 PM
https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/722904-Pegeout-206-1999-BSI-problem

why double thread ?

BeatsByMe
8th February, 2019, 10:29 PM
No answer and I am desperate at the moment...

p1et
8th February, 2019, 10:40 PM
Sorry because this post will not sole your problem but it will help for the future. It's possible to read pin code from working key so it seems you just made yourself additional work which ended up bad...

BeatsByMe
8th February, 2019, 10:44 PM
You know better than me that the transponder PCF 7945 is not clonable,how can I read the pin code and what after that.This car is 1 year younger than me...And I know the pin code now

BeatsByMe
8th February, 2019, 10:46 PM
Sorry,but I am nervous. I wanted to ask how can I do my job easier with these troublesome cars...

Cromwe11
8th February, 2019, 11:28 PM
Many programmers will clone the id45 pcf7935 chip used on early Peugeot 206 and 406 in addition to showing the cars pin code from a working key.
I’ve never had a problem with these BSI’s but if things are working intermittently then first check your soldering and that there are no solder bridges or dislodged components. Make sure no plug pins have been damaged when reinstalling and that all wiring is intact.
Failing any of that then either the chip is damaged or corrupted. Read again and make sure the file is the same as you originally read.
If still nothing then get a second hand BSI and ecu and replace them.

rapidlocksmiths
8th February, 2019, 11:41 PM
for future reference ID45 on the peugeot 206 can indeed be cloned very easily with many cloner tools , rw4 , keyline , zedbull , jma etc , and the pin code can be read with a cloner from a working key simply too for obd coding , i dont know where you have got the info that id45 cannot be cloned or read from , but this info is not accurate , most good cloners will do this easily.

you will have saved the original file , have you tried reinstalling the original file , if you saved original file try restoring this .

did you disconnect battery ? if so did you follow the 3 minute rule ? which ideally should also be observed when removing bsi as if you have disconnected bsi or battery before fully shut down you will have created a bigger problem.

lion0304
9th February, 2019, 12:17 AM
No one can help you in this case because:

Car came working and after you worked on, car stop working.

So the problem is not tools, not the car but: How you work on it.

This job is simple like some above post. For me, the best help you can get is learning more, before trying something on client car.

BeatsByMe
9th February, 2019, 08:00 AM
Many programmers will clone the id45 pcf7935 chip used on early Peugeot 206 and 406 in addition to showing the cars pin code from a working key.
I’ve never had a problem with these BSI’s but if things are working intermittently then first check your soldering and that there are no solder bridges or dislodged components. Make sure no plug pins have been damaged when reinstalling and that all wiring is intact.
Failing any of that then either the chip is damaged or corrupted. Read again and make sure the file is the same as you originally read.
If still nothing then get a second hand BSI and ecu and replace them.
The keyline told me that it is not clonable,aswell as KD-x2.If a transponder is clonable,I would not try to program it...
I checked my soldering and 3 expirienced people told me that it is perfect,but when I first tried to start the car and it didn't I tried to soldered it a second time cus of 1 solder bridge.
If I get a second hand BSI and ecu do they come with transponder or how do I make one for them?

BeatsByMe
9th February, 2019, 08:02 AM
for future reference ID45 on the peugeot 206 can indeed be cloned very easily with many cloner tools , rw4 , keyline , zedbull , jma etc , and the pin code can be read with a cloner from a working key simply too for obd coding , i dont know where you have got the info that id45 cannot be cloned or read from , but this info is not accurate , most good cloners will do this easily.

you will have saved the original file , have you tried reinstalling the original file , if you saved original file try restoring this .

did you disconnect battery ? if so did you follow the 3 minute rule ? which ideally should also be observed when removing bsi as if you have disconnected bsi or battery before fully shut down you will have created a bigger problem.
I disconnected the battery but didnt follow the 3 minutes rule...I saved the original file but i havent tried reistalling it

rapidlocksmiths
9th February, 2019, 10:27 AM
keyline ultegra used to clone these id45 to Tk50 chips maybe the new mini doesnt have these as many of the ultegra functions are not on the cheaper mini unit , silca , jma , zedbull etc all clone these . im not sure kdx2 has these old chips included yet many china toys do not , i believe handy baby 2 now has them , but silca , zedbull , jma , miraclone etc all have these covered.

if you disconnected the battery before the bsi had fully shut down then its highly possible that you have corrupted the bsi unit , its like a windows system it takes time to fully shut down after waking up , many customers come unstuck with this when swapping the car battery . with psa best practice is to open bonnet close doors and wait 3 minutes before disconnecting battery , this gives the bsi time to fully shut down before disconnecting battery . even the process of opening a door or bonnet wakes up bsi , it must be fully shut down prior to disconnecting battery.

this is a well known issue with battery , all the AD manuals contain the correct battery disconnection instructions to advise and hopefully prevent issues , i may be wrong but by the symptons you have this is one of the contenders for your problem .

p1et
9th February, 2019, 11:15 AM
I checked my soldering and 3 expirienced people told me that it is perfect,but when I first tried to start the car and it didn't I tried to soldered it a second time cus of 1 solder bridge.

How it was perfect then?

rafal
9th February, 2019, 11:16 AM
it fantastic example when people are breaking cars by self

Weasel3
9th February, 2019, 02:41 PM
You should be happy not sad. :) Now you have experienced the feeling to ~~~~ up a clients car. The feeling you have inside, it is a good experience. Which everybody in this business, should have.
You are young and learning. Now you have learned, and you will sharpen in your carrier. You can add a second hand BSI, at a low cost. And sort it out.
Be happy it is a low cost vehicle. You could easily purchased the car for a few quid.
It could have been a Range Rover with 4000 USD in expenses.

BeatsByMe
11th February, 2019, 10:03 PM
Thanks a lot for all your responses! I manage to fix the bsi for now...
I am saying:"for now",because I managed to do it at 9 o'clock at midnight,but in the morning it stopped...
I desoldered the processor,soldered it back on and it worked.The bad part is that I don't know why it stopped working... I thought the soldering was decent but have no idea why it stopped working...
I hope the customer will not call me this car again...
I had luck with a good customer and that the car was old.
Thank you for your cooporation!