PDA

View Full Version : Rheingold ENET cable setup

novacane187
14th February, 2019, 08:02 PM
Good evening guys,

I would like to have your assistance with a problem.

I have an issue with setting up my E-NET cable to connect with an F30 via Rheingold. During this process I am using Windows 10, with no problems in diagnostics via K-DCAN cable. I have tried the following:

Changing to HOCOM/ENET...ISIS... in Rheingold VCI config menu
Making sure ip address is set up correctly to 169.254.1.1 -- Subnetmask 255.255.0.0. within the LAN properties
Making sure that ediabas.ini file is set correctly to ENET by using EDIABAS KONFIGURATOR.exe and checking the file afterwards to ensure the file is edited correctly

I have also tried to set up direct communication with the car. In this case rheingold asks for an ip address when selecting enet (Ho-icom/enetdirect connection). To identify the car's ip address i tried to use the zgw.search.exe. Resulting in a blank field.

Note: any firewall or antivirus is disabled to make sure nothing is blocking incoming or outgoing communications. The light at the OBD side of the cable is also on, no broken connections or loose ends on both sides (computer --car). To make sure that the cable is not bad, I have checked the cable via multi-meter, cable is all ok.

So far, I don't know if I missed something, for my feeling tried all possible ways to set it up.

Any help is much appreciated.