PDA

View Full Version : BMW Diamond Key Battery Replacement

Jimmy07
16th February, 2019, 06:13 PM
Hi All

Get a lot of enquires for this.

Do any mobile men do these if so what’s the going rate ?

Thanks in advance

comizelu
16th February, 2019, 06:16 PM
Hi All

Get a lot of enquires for this.

Do any mobile men do these if so what’s the going rate ?

Thanks in advanceNeahh..
New keydiy key..
I need my fingers!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

jakesman
16th February, 2019, 08:33 PM
tried it once , i still had 8 fingers to work with LOL , beter new key or casing and mind your fingers

Jimmy07
16th February, 2019, 09:44 PM
Thanks for replys take it it’s a fiddley job then 😂

Looks like Keydiy then don’t want my stumpy fat fingers burnt 🥵

sleepyrz
16th February, 2019, 10:08 PM
key is glued together

hence the fingers jokes

opening them can be dangerous if done the wrong way

usually charge about 100 bucks if its already opened 120 if not

i have a little jig i use to keep all my fingers

nazz2
16th February, 2019, 10:09 PM
These are good earner dont turn them down, i do alot of these and are a doddle to take apart, gentle tap with flat screw driver on the top side.. the only problem for me was to find a good qualiy battery with corect terminals,which i managed to find now , then use 2 parts super glue when finished, job done.

Ps. I Charge £45.

Jimmy07
16th February, 2019, 10:51 PM
Thanks Everyone

I’ll get a hold of a couple of old keys and try not to cut any digits off 😬

The soldering looks straight forward enough so I’ll give it a shot.

Thanks for price guide Nazz2 I get asked to do loads of these and not a lot of customers want to pay for a new key so might get away with £45-55 to refurbish originals

Do fobs need resyc to car after new battery and holder fitted or is it luck of the draw ?

nazz2
16th February, 2019, 11:36 PM
generally after battery disconnection, yes, not the end of the world, i am sure you kow how to do it, or search you tube mate.

ps,the £45 is only for the new battery!

Jimmy07
16th February, 2019, 11:44 PM
Yes Nazz know the score to do resyc just curious to see if it was needed.

Is the transponder soldered to the board on these fobs or a separate chip ?

Just thinking if separate chip could do Keydiy case and board and transfer chip over for flip key conversion

Cheers for help 👍🏻

nazz2
17th February, 2019, 12:46 PM
Soldered you can swap the chip to a like ,but not kd.

p1et
17th February, 2019, 01:33 PM
Wow, in Poland noone is going to pay you more than 30-40usd for this kind of job (unless you're in big city) and I do this for 30usd using original Panasonic battery (45usd with new remote shell) But it's Poland, here everyone is fixing everything (with different results). Whole new remote key for ex. E46 is 90-100usd with pulling out EWS and programming... :uncomfortableness:

nazz2
17th February, 2019, 01:42 PM
Lol ,last time i pulled the ews out, i charged £250 for kd remote , bmw here £136,sometimes it depeds if the customer is in a rush or not. besides everything is more expensive here than poland, so we charge more.

Jimmy07
17th February, 2019, 04:30 PM
Yes going rate here to take ews out and program Keydiy key is around £100-£120

As usual trying to find a quick easy solution.

Would this work?

Clone original transponder with keytool ( I know original key won’t work after cloning but doesn’t matter as long as clone works)

Create Keydiy remote, cut blade, pop in cloned chip and manually program to car

comizelu
17th February, 2019, 04:55 PM
Yes going rate here to take ews out and program Keydiy key is around £100-£120

As usual trying to find a quick easy solution.

Would this work?

Clone original transponder with keytool ( I know original key won’t work after cloning but doesn’t matter as long as clone works)

Create Keydiy remote, cut blade, pop in cloned chip and manually program to carYou cannot clone that cip!
What do you find it that hard to take out ews?
Only 6 screws..
If you take out ews,read ,make key,put back...the customer will see that is not an easy job and it's earned the money you asked!

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Jimmy07
17th February, 2019, 05:12 PM
Yes can take out ews and make key using AK90 am just curious for another solution.

newone
17th February, 2019, 06:53 PM
Wow, in Poland noone is going to pay you more than 30-40usd for this kind of job (unless you're in big city) and I do this for 30usd using original Panasonic battery (45usd with new remote shell) But it's Poland, here everyone is fixing everything (with different results). Whole new remote key for ex. E46 is 90-100usd with pulling out EWS and programming... :uncomfortableness:
same situation and in my country ...

newone
17th February, 2019, 06:59 PM
Yes can take out ews and make key using AK90 am just curious for another solution.
there is no other solution my friend,after the first ews out you will see that is no more than 30-40 minutes job from start to finish,also the key shell is very easy to open using a good cutter and replace battery only with original panasonic,put a new shell,all job about 15 minutes,in both cases after you make the first jobs you will see how easy there are.

Jimmy07
17th February, 2019, 08:55 PM
Thank you Newone 👍🏻

cniksor
18th February, 2019, 06:30 AM
i dont like to replace battery faster and easier to make new key. new key i can make most ews in 20 minutes, replacing battery takes almost maybe 45 minutes. if i do replace bettery i make new shell. here is video on replacing battery

https://youtu.be/pazysAQgqhc