PDA

View Full Version : I am gettin peed off now...... DS Lite

worcestersauce
11th December, 2009, 03:19 PM
Right, help again please

I bought 4 R4 cards ages ago for the original DS and did all the doings and had no probs what so ever and they still work absolutely fine...great idea these cards.

Then I opened my big gob and a friend asked me to do one for them but this time for a DSi. Came on here and thanks to pjtaffs help got that sorted with not much hassle (other than the first card coming with a faulty micro sd card which had to be sent back) all sorted.

Now,my wonderful wife loves playing on the DS so much she has had her own, but this time its a DS lite. I bought a R4 card and a 4GB micro sd card for wifes DS and do you think I can get it to bloody work.........

I've trawled this site, downloaded all the firmware known to man and all I get when I turn on the DSlite is 2 blank screens but on the top screen in red is menu and a question mark and nothing else.

Can someone please give me guidance or I may use the DS for target practice:stupido2:

smirnoff_rules
11th December, 2009, 03:30 PM
have u tried 1.12 RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/318199347/_1290_English_1.12.rar)

it has less problem than the later ones

this is a copy off mine

worcestersauce
11th December, 2009, 03:47 PM
Tried that just mate and that doesn't work mate..........I have got the games in a seperate folder, do you know if that makes any difference?

Thanks for any help

cgscott
11th December, 2009, 03:52 PM
Tried that just mate and that doesn't work mate..........I have got the games in a seperate folder, do you know if that makes any difference?

Thanks for any help

Take a picture of the card. Post it up.
Describe what is written on the front.

I will find the correct software for it.

So many cards out there. Clones that is.

smirnoff_rules
11th December, 2009, 03:59 PM

Thanks for any help

l just drag onto the card m8 . not into a folder

worcestersauce
11th December, 2009, 04:01 PM
Can't post picture at the mo mate, but on the front it says.......

R4
Upgrade
Revolution for DS
(NDSL/NDS)
Untitled Document (http://www.R4i-SDHC.com)

Hope you can help with that

buzzking5
11th December, 2009, 06:54 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - R4i English V1.12b.rar for R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolut (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/r4i-english-v1-12b-rar-r4-sdhc-upgrade-revolut-972/)

when you put the games on just put them straight on the card and not in a folder...

pjtaff
11th December, 2009, 07:37 PM
Can't post picture at the mo mate, but on the front it says.......

R4
Upgrade
Revolution for DS
(NDSL/NDS)
Untitled Document (http://www.R4i-SDHC.com)

Hope you can help with that

the problem is pal that if you have bought that card that is on the link you gave that is for a dsi and not a ds lite

buzzking5
11th December, 2009, 08:27 PM
it works on ds and dsi pal

worcestersauce
12th December, 2009, 09:58 AM
I didn't buy the one on the link mate, thats whats on the card......scotty asked me to put up what was printed on the front of the card

delboy71
12th December, 2009, 10:24 AM
make sure the time and date are set to current time and date on the ds,i had this when i put my one sons games onto his friends r4 and it worked straight away. worth a try!!

worcestersauce
12th December, 2009, 10:37 AM
Buzzking mate you're a star and the DS lite is working fine now many thanks.:hello:

While I've got your attention folkes, please bear with me, I know I'm a pain...........

Back to the r4i + 4gb card it aint working properly.
When i turn on the dsi the card loads to the tab menu (ie.games,media,slot 2). If i touch games i get a "name to long reduce name size,blahblah" and nothing else works so i have to reboot the ds. However, if i touch the media tab, the whole list of games is there, but if i touch any game,i get a black + white message on the top screen and the game doesnt load,and I have to reboot the ds again.

So everythings there but not working properly
help help help:alberteinstein:

worcestersauce
12th December, 2009, 01:37 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - R4i English V1.12b.rar for R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolut (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/ds/21/r4i-english-v1-12b-rar-r4-sdhc-upgrade-revolut-972/)

when you put the games on just put them straight on the card and not in a folder...

This is the link that sorted both the DS lite and the DSi

Many thanks go to buzzking for all the help, both now working fine mate:five:

cheekaboo
14th December, 2009, 03:35 AM
been having the same problems. fingers crossed it will work for me! thanks for the info

guest1138
14th December, 2009, 10:29 AM
thanks for the info as well, it seems to have fixed mine ;)

Milo
14th December, 2009, 02:51 PM
Hi lads, I have a DS Lite and purchased a TTDS R4 card and SD micro memory from Deal Xtreme as mentioned in this and other threads.
I have downloaded and copied ALL 3 firmware versions mentioned in this thread and every one of them has failed. Each time I insert the R4 card and start up the DS Lite i get the upper screen showing an icon of a micro sd card in red and the word "MENU?"

Is there something I'm missing here? I have verified today's date in the settings.
Thanks,
Milo

buzzking5
14th December, 2009, 06:45 PM
Download - DSTT,NDSTT For NDS/NDSL,DSTT Skin Download (http://www.ndstt.biz/Dstt-Download/)

buzzking5
14th December, 2009, 07:17 PM
you not putting them in a folder are you, just drag the game onto the card...

Milo
15th December, 2009, 03:05 PM
you not putting them in a folder are you, just drag the game onto the card...

no i just started with 1 game to ensure it all worked. I'll try the drivers you've recommended above and let ye know how it goes

Milo
15th December, 2009, 03:14 PM
That did the trick, obviously the DSTT cards require their own drivers - I should have copped that one right away!

Thanks for the dig-out Buzzking, you ROCK!

:thrasher:

cheekaboo
16th December, 2009, 09:31 AM
thanks for all the advice in this post!!!
got ds lite up and running with the r4 at long last!!!!

buzzking you are a diamond xx

tantal00n
28th December, 2009, 03:12 PM
Im trying everything suggested in this thread, i really hope it works

Hazy
8th January, 2010, 06:44 PM
Came upon this thread after several hours of trawling through the forums and downloading different programmes for my DS. Loaded the programme recommended by Buzzking5 and all the problems with the R4 have been sorted. Thanks.

escargot28
27th May, 2010, 10:08 AM
thanks for this :fisheye::fisheye::fisheye: