PDA

View Full Version : PCR2.1 Checksum Issue

AngliaTuning
20th February, 2019, 05:46 PM
VW Golf 1.6TDI PCR2.1

Anyone able to calculate checksum on Stage1+ file in archive, tried to flash with MPPS and calculated checksum but failed to start after flash so suspect checksum issue.

Original (tuned) is attached as is new mod file

teerak2uk
20th February, 2019, 05:52 PM
VW Golf 1.6TDI PCR2.1

Anyone able to calculate checksum on Stage1+ file in archive, tried to flash with MPPS and calculated checksum but failed to start after flash so suspect checksum issue.

Original (tuned) is attached as is new mod fileI presume you've unlocked it first also try with kess if you have it

AngliaTuning
20th February, 2019, 06:00 PM
I have a genuine kess but its a slave, so it was unlocked using Kess full OBD unlock

Original mod file though torque is too strong so caused horrible clutch judder.

I tested a read with MPPS and flashed back the read file from MPPS (All fine)

Flashed the new mod file with MPPS and no start so flashed back the original mod file and car has started again

sdtsedat
20th February, 2019, 06:07 PM
You cannot unlock with kess over obd, also if these is geniune.
Kess do "patch" on those ecu's.

You need open ecu and unlock manual if you will do with mpps or another tool.
Yes right, you can read write ori file, also without unlock.

AngliaTuning
20th February, 2019, 06:11 PM
Ah it was listed as a Full OBD Unlock on kess. You are right though the ID on kess states 'Patched'

Although the original I read and rewrote on the ECU was actually a mod file (but a mod file flashed by kess)

How do I unlock with MPPS, any idea?

teerak2uk
20th February, 2019, 06:46 PM
id ecu with mpps and show results

AngliaTuning
20th February, 2019, 06:49 PM
Shows 'Locked' with MPPS, but assumed because it flashed successfully this was actually incorrect as it was patched with Kess

teerak2uk
20th February, 2019, 07:00 PM
ive used ori kess in the past and unsuccessfully unlocked one on an A3 2010 so had to open it an unlock with ktag but have read that you can read eeprom inside ecu and unlock with this program and write unlocked file back to eeprom then will allow writing of modded flash files

but remove eeprom to read/write its safer