PDA

View Full Version : EX7000HD new user

jw5876
11th December, 2009, 10:14 PM
Hi,

I've just received my new EX7000HD box but what do i need to download and install on the box before I start using it?

chic.
11th December, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hi m8 download this and put it onto your memory pen then into the back of the box switch off/on at the back the box will find the flash and install it http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=988&act=down

jw5876
12th December, 2009, 08:26 AM
I've just downloaded the firmware from the link you provided and downloaded it onto my box. It finds over 270 channels but most of the channels are coming up with 'scrambled channels'.

What is going wrong?

:dong:

Hob
12th December, 2009, 11:10 AM
Virgin are working in certain areas atm and may have switched off your signal for a short while.
If it's scanned and you have the 270 channels (scrambled or not) the box is ok. Try switching the box off at the back to reboot.

martin51
12th December, 2009, 01:02 PM
chic ive done whwt you said and imgetting scrambled channels, any suggestions

chic.
12th December, 2009, 01:15 PM
chic ive done whwt you said and imgetting scrambled channels, any suggestions
did the box say extracting flash and count up from 0 to 100 if not then its not flashed if you get stuck i will try and talk you through it

jw5876
12th December, 2009, 03:51 PM
I'm seriously losing my patience!

I've inserted my usb with the downloaded latest firmware. When I saved this file I renamed it Flash.tbn but when I try and download it onto the box the box switched off and tries to reboot.

What is going wrong?

Hob
12th December, 2009, 07:57 PM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - *NEW* EX7000HD Firmware 12/03/09 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/firmware/28/new-ex7000hd-firmware-12-03-09-641/)
Download the above instead, it works fine.

harper182
12th December, 2009, 09:28 PM
thanx for the firmware

jw5876
14th December, 2009, 05:53 PM
I've tried downloading the firmware from the link and I've renamed it flash.tbn. I put the usb pen into my box and turn it back on but I'm still getting scrambled channels and the box still doesn't pick up the 'freeview' channels i.e itv2, BBC three etc etc.

When I try and enter the menu and download the firmware manually the box turns itself and reboots everytime.

I'm completely lost and need guidance.

Can anyone please help?

Hob
14th December, 2009, 11:20 PM
JW,
Check your connections
Remove all firmware off the pen apart from the march firmware as above.
Do a factory reset.
Turn the box off
Put your pen (with the March firmware on it ) into the box.
Turn the box back on
Full scan.

Do as above and you should be up and running.

jw5876
15th December, 2009, 06:32 PM
Just trying it now.

fingers crossed!

jw5876
15th December, 2009, 06:42 PM
Sadly this hasn't worked.

What am i doing wrong?

the only thing I can think of is that I live in the Leeds area, however this encryption shouldn't affect my freeview channels should it?

Hob
15th December, 2009, 11:14 PM
Why didn't you say you were in Leeds.
Yes all channels affected.

jw5876
16th December, 2009, 07:46 PM
But shouldn't I still get the freeview channels?

BIGALZ
17th December, 2009, 09:07 PM
But shouldn't I still get the freeview channels?
You will get nothing. When vermin started rolling out new encryption (Leeds area 1st)it stopped non vermin boxes from decoding channel data. If you paid a sub you would get the free to air channels but only with a genuine vermin box and new card in Leeds.

jw5876
19th December, 2009, 06:18 PM
Thanx for responding.

Its no longer a happy christmas for me.

I guess I'll have to stick to the s*ite ITV air, i.e Mary bloody Poppins (for a change).

chaos7
19th December, 2009, 09:43 PM
To install the firmware correctly you need to put it on the pen drive with the box switched off and then switch it on so it boots up into the installation mode. On the display on the front of the box it should show some sort of progress meter then when the cable box loads you can remove the pendrive.
If you have already done that make sure all your channels are freshly scanned to ensure there's no problems. Once you've done that, load up a premium channel such as Sky sports 1 and it will say scrambled channel for about a minute or so and then it will load up. It is just obtaining the keydata.
I have exactly the same box and what I said works like a charm everytime. If you are still having trouble with it then i'm not sure what else you can try.
I've tried to be as exact as I can without actually using my box so I hope that can help you.

BIGALZ
19th December, 2009, 11:09 PM
To install the firmware correctly you need to put it on the pen drive with the box switched off and then switch it on so it boots up into the installation mode. On the display on the front of the box it should show some sort of progress meter then when the cable box loads you can remove the pendrive.
If you have already done that make sure all your channels are freshly scanned to ensure there's no problems. Once you've done that, load up a premium channel such as Sky sports 1 and it will say scrambled channel for about a minute or so and then it will load up. It is just obtaining the keydata.
I have exactly the same box and what I said works like a charm everytime. If you are still having trouble with it then i'm not sure what else you can try.
I've tried to be as exact as I can without actually using my box so I hope that can help you.
Chaos7. If you read message 13 you will see that the poster lives in LEEDS !!!

BIGALZ
19th December, 2009, 11:13 PM
Thanx for responding.

Its no longer a happy christmas for me.

I guess I'll have to stick to the s*ite ITV air, i.e Mary bloody Poppins (for a change).
You can try selling it on via fleabay. One went today for ?143.00 and it was 5 months old. Some people are thinking if they get more than 3 months out of it they are in front.

Dexdin
21st December, 2009, 05:34 AM
Hi i noticed my Sky Premiere 1 and other channels of Sky arent in HD.. Is there a reason why and does the latest firmwire solve this issue.
Thanks

Hob
21st December, 2009, 05:12 PM
At present only 7 HD channels are available on cable.
FX
ESPN
MTV
CH 4
LIVING
NAT GEO
BBC

BIGALZ
21st December, 2009, 09:50 PM
At present only 7 HD channels are available on cable.
FX
ESPN
MTV
CH 4
LIVING
NAT GEO
BBC
If you want Sly HD you will have to subscribe. I cannot believe how many people believe this box gives them Sly HD. Furthermore you will find that a lot of channels broadcast on HD channels on cable and sly are not HD. on channel 4 hollyoaks is but a lot of other stuff is not. Same with ESPN not all footie matches are HD on ESPN, on Sly they are.. If you look at some of my early posts I was saying I could not tell differance between pic on ex7000hd I had and max v displayed on split screen. Reason is simples there was no differance.

BIGALZ
21st December, 2009, 09:54 PM
Hi i noticed my Sky Premiere 1 and other channels of Sky arent in HD.. Is there a reason why and does the latest firmwire solve this issue.
Thanks
You will not get any Sly HD channels on ex7000hd. When virmin start transmitting sly HD next year it will be after nagra3 is in place and there will be no channels never mind HD ones.