PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Eurovox max V 2008

kaisersozeruk
9th September, 2008, 09:03 AM
Hi guys recently brought a black eurovox max v 2008 box off of ebay, downloaded the firmware update from april successfully, performed a powerscan however after the scan it still displays no channels, cable is plugged into the RF connection as it should be, is it a faulty box and should I send it back?

shady77
9th September, 2008, 09:17 AM
hi mate, not had a eurovox but try this from another forum.

Try flashing with the firmware before the 8% signal one. think its the one above on the toolbar 18-04-08 is the date for it, i had a few probs and i had flashed mine with the 8% firmware, once i changed it all the probs went away.

satsmo
9th September, 2008, 10:28 AM
Are you scanning on the correct symbol rate. 6887 for N**, 6952 for others?

kaisersozeruk
9th September, 2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys yes I have tried all three symbol rates, have yet to try the previous firmware update, will give that a go and let you know fingers crossed

shady77
9th September, 2008, 01:15 PM
try this, its the july firmware.
good luck :dancing2:

kaisersozeruk
9th September, 2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks will do, also I noticed that with normal n** boxes they have a pin connection at the back and my box uses a standard RF connection, could this be the problem?

<--kaisersozeruk added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...-->

Also will I have to remove the previous update and if so how?

shady77
9th September, 2008, 01:35 PM
your flash programme should have an option to erase current image, i wouldnt of thought that connection would be a problem i take it you have an adaptor to go from the feed cable to the back of your box. i have on on my digivox and thats fine.
silly question but there is a live feed coming into your house isnt there?

kaisersozeruk
9th September, 2008, 01:55 PM
I brought a a cable from maplins with the rf connector moulded on one end and the cable pin connection on the other, yes I have a feed coming in, I bet it's something simple. I'll give your recommendations a go and get back to you thanks again mate

kaisersozeruk
11th September, 2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the help Shady, worked a treat, any ideas on how long my tv utopia will last?

shady77
11th September, 2008, 02:45 PM
do you pay vermin media for any service? i pay for the broadband so the signal continually comes into my house. if you dontpay they can disconnect your feed at anytime. maybe look into getting the base tv pack from them or a phoneline which the base tv pack comes free with. good luck

jh1
11th September, 2008, 08:00 PM
hi i am new to this is there an option to record on the eurovox 2008 max?

tarabey
20th September, 2008, 08:49 AM
can anyone give me any idea which one is the best for all the euro-vox's, I need to buy one some time next week.
thank you in advance.

viking2008
27th November, 2008, 03:31 PM
greta help thanks

jjchefy
27th November, 2008, 03:48 PM
hi can you helpme got eurovox maxv box and it will not get codes ,i try firmware 10/4/2008 .but will not get codes

JohnnyF
1st December, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hi Guys!
Don't know if this is of any interest to you, but having used the basic Vermin media TV pack I found that I could switch down to freeview!
So in effect I dont pay owt for the TV and my box works sound!
I own a Eurovox Max and its worked ok on the freeview for 4 months so far, up until the recent troubles which I have sorted by manually inputting the keys!
Cheers from Leeds!