PDA

View Full Version : MT401 China junk & Rude Customer Service OBDPROG

mann357
27th February, 2019, 12:19 AM
OBDPROG makes the MT401. I ordered two. The first one stopped working so I ordered another while the first went back to China and that's when the problems began. I have two MT401's and both had problems within a year to where I needed to send them back.

SMP7
27th February, 2019, 02:33 AM
OBDPROG makes the MT401. I ordered two. The first one stopped working so I ordered another while the first went back to China and that's when the problems began. After emailing 'Grace' I received a reply with a china address separated with commas. I didn't understand it because it was in the wrong format so I asked for a correctly formatted address to make sure the programmer goes to the right place. Grace was rude about giving me what I needed and never did give me what I asked for. I did get the tool back after a few weeks. My second MT401 shows 'security verification failed' on everything. When running the update software it asked for several things and two of them you will never figure out so you will need to email them for a 'distribution code' and the incorrectly named 'register password'. The 'register password' is in the tool but it's called the 'security code'. smh. I'm so frustrated with this company I'm pulling out hair I don't have. I can't allow a person to speak to me rudely and do nothing. So I was rude back. So after 6 rude emails from a woman with an attitude, I get the tool updated and she told me that she will not provide me with customer service again. IDK if Grace just don't like Americans or if she just have terrible social skills but I'm done with this company and do not recommend their tools, not just because of terrible customer service but I have two MT401's and both had problems within a year to where I needed to send them back. If you buy China's junk tools just get an OBDSTAR X300 they are better then the MT401 MT601.

You can connect your online seller for a try

mann357
27th February, 2019, 03:28 AM
I'm ok they were just backup tools so I don't have to use the dsp as much.. The online seller sent me to the China manufacture because the issue happened after 30, what a seller.-_-

mikkhh
27th February, 2019, 07:50 AM
obdprog = obdstar...

Nicolas9
27th February, 2019, 09:57 AM
obdprog = obdstar...
Software is same. Hardware looks same kind of quality. But company (sellers) are different I think.
But support for obdstar is not bad in my experience.