PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT 2001 Cluster reset - EPPROM read and write

OoZz
28th February, 2019, 06:29 PM
Hi guys,

I am relatively new member of this community, learned a lot and managed to solve some problems along the way and I am grateful for this, thanks!
Now I am facing an issue on my car, which is a bit strange as I don't know how to go about it.
My cluster on the Audi TT 8N is falling apart as most of them and decided to buy a replacement and refurbish it before I install it to the car.
Once I have received the cluster, I have tried an output test using VCDS on the bench(a cable I have managed to put together and a car battery) but once the test sequence is started, it seems like it is just resetting itself, screens go off for a second every 2-3 seconds apart.
What can it be? Corrupted eeprom file? The cluster p/n is 8N2920930A.
I have only vag can k commander which seems useless at writing and reading. What programmer do you recommend on a low budget? I can solder if any of the tools require.

Also, I have tried correcting the mileage to the one in the car, it says OK, I disconnect the power for more than 2mins, but on start up the old mileage is still present.

Any input is highly appreciate it.

Codekuba
28th February, 2019, 11:05 PM
You use VCP
Work good

OoZz
1st March, 2019, 02:38 PM
Thanks Codekuba. I have ordered the cable, I should have it soon. I will update on how I get on.

OoZz
7th March, 2019, 01:16 PM
Second VCP arrived today, first one had a broken interface. Connected to the Cluster on bench, but it doesn't seem to have an option to actually flash the EEPROM. I connected it to the car and it seems like it's only able to flash ECU EEPROM.
Will a kit from eBay of CARPROG will help me in my quest?