PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mark VII Supervag

Jimmy07
3rd March, 2019, 09:22 AM
Can this be done OBD now with latest Supervag update ?

paulsta
3rd March, 2019, 09:36 AM
Yes to add a key, you must have latest update

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jimmy07
3rd March, 2019, 09:48 AM
Thanks Paulsta

Do I just buy key from AK, 3D etc and good to go or is there pre-coding required?

R2D2R2
3rd March, 2019, 09:51 AM
Hello
And this tool no need to pre-code an dealer key ?

paulsta
3rd March, 2019, 09:55 AM
http://www.supervag-key.com/vehicle-coverage/vehicle-coverage-supervag-key/

R2D2R2
3rd March, 2019, 10:00 AM
http://www.supervag-key.com/vehicle-coverage/vehicle-coverage-supervag-key/

no an video tutorial ?

Jimmy07
3rd March, 2019, 10:01 AM
Seen that this morning some good updates. Wish they’d sort out A4 and Passat. AD do them but token burn 😬

Have you done a Golf MKVII yet ?

Is there a pre code needed or straight in ?

paulsta
3rd March, 2019, 10:02 AM
no an video tutorial ?

google is your friend

paulsta
3rd March, 2019, 10:05 AM
Seen that this morning some good updates. Wish they’d sort out A4 and Passat. AD do them but token burn 

Have you done a Golf MKVII yet ?

Is there a pre code needed or straight in ?

not with supervag, i used lonsdor on the last mk7

Jimmy07
3rd March, 2019, 10:13 AM
Thanks mate I had to open one last night guy locked keys in his boot and he’s looking a spare so hopefully straight forward job 👍🏻

comizelu
3rd March, 2019, 10:58 AM
https://youtu.be/isbrjHL-5Ro

"Precoded key" -they probably mean dealer key.
Don't know last update..

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

R2D2R2
3rd March, 2019, 05:19 PM
https://youtu.be/isbrjHL-5Ro

"Precoded key" -they probably mean dealer key.
Don't know last update..

No interest tool ...
Thanks

comizelu
3rd March, 2019, 07:30 PM
No interest tool ...
ThanksWell...for me is very useful,easy to use and save a lot of time.
With the price I paid for it it's easy return money.1 month and I got my money back..

paulsta
3rd March, 2019, 07:34 PM
Well...for me is very useful,easy to use and save a lot of time.
With the price I paid for it it's easy return money.1 month and I got my money back..

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using TapatalkIt's a very handy tool to have so no idea why he would say no interest in this tool,

comizelu
3rd March, 2019, 07:35 PM
It's a very handy tool to have so no idea why he would say no interest in this tool,

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkMaybe because he doesn't have it
[emoji6]

Jimmy07
3rd March, 2019, 07:40 PM
Don’t understand R2’s response to this either ? It’s a brilliant bit of kit and with latest update well worth the money. Also safe compared to some tools on the market.......

comizelu
3rd March, 2019, 07:42 PM
Don’t understand R2’s response to this either ? It’s a brilliant bit of kit and with latest update well worth the money. Also safe compared to some tools on the market.......I'll ask the support about golf mk7, about precoded key..

Jimmy07
3rd March, 2019, 07:46 PM
Yes be good to know if pre-code or straight in 😉

R2D2R2
3rd March, 2019, 08:27 PM
Don’t understand R2’s response to this either ? It’s a brilliant bit of kit and with latest update well worth the money. Also safe compared to some tools on the market.......

Sorry sir ....
.... For MQB key only , if you need £120 dealer key , delay to ordering 1 week = no interest for locksmith = no benefit

Jimmy07
3rd March, 2019, 09:08 PM
I don’t think anyone who has commented here knows if it’s a dealer key only that’s why Comizelu has asked support to clarify

comizelu
3rd March, 2019, 09:13 PM
Sorry sir ....
.... For MQB key only , if you need £120 dealer key , delay to ordering 1 week = no interest for locksmith = no benefitYes but we still have plenty of VAG before mqb.
I understand your opinion, maybe because you don't own it or have something else,but understand me,i own the tool,I really like it!

paulsta
3rd March, 2019, 09:15 PM
I've done alot of polo 6R and caddy's, this tool has saved me lots of time and now I don't need to remove the eeprom.
Tool has paid for itself over and over

comizelu
4th March, 2019, 10:37 AM
The answer from supervag support...
"Hello,

Yes, for key learning for MQB cars you need precoded or dealer key. Precoded key means precoded by for example VVDI tool."

Jimmy07
4th March, 2019, 10:48 AM
Hi Comizelu

Thanks for posting update I think some suppliers sell these keys with pre-coded transponders. Have e-mailed one this morning to ask.

comizelu
4th March, 2019, 10:53 AM
Hi Comizelu

Thanks for posting update I think some suppliers sell these keys with pre-coded transponders. Have contacted one this morning to ask.Jimmy...they mean dealer key.
So you have to use vvdi2 or other to make dealer key and than you can use supervag to add it.or order from main dealer.
But there is no point!if I have to use vvdi2 to make dealer key I will use same vvdi2 to add key..

paulsta
4th March, 2019, 10:55 AM
Also I use lonsdor to make dealer key and use the same machine to program key, but I would still never be without supervag, it's a great tool

Jimmy07
4th March, 2019, 10:55 AM
Got you. So can’t buy of 3D, AK etc has to come direct from dealership

Thought we had a breakthrough here but....

paulsta
4th March, 2019, 10:58 AM
Got you. So can’t buy of 3D, AK etc has to come direct from dealership

Thought we had a breakthrough here but....No, you need from dealer or make using lonsdor or vvdi2 ect

Jimmy07
4th March, 2019, 11:09 AM
Yes Paulsta just got confirmation from suppliers saying the same.....Pity

comizelu
4th March, 2019, 12:52 PM
Me..
"Thanks for confirmation.

I don't see the point to have these options if we need another tool to read immodata.if I have to use vvdi2 to prepare dealer key I will use it to program key as well.

If supervag will read immodata and key could be precoded by tango or else will be alright..

Thank you "

Supervag support..

"Hello,

at the moment you need VVDI2 or AVDI to precode key. We are working with
Tango and Ade company on key programming with their tools. It should be
done in late 2019."

Jimmy07
4th March, 2019, 04:45 PM
I know Comizelu bit of a pointless update got all excited when I seen it. Shouldn’t have released this until it was cracked properly.

rapidlocksmiths
5th March, 2019, 12:58 AM
as with most manufacturers they release what they have as its available , it may take them longer to get it than others but then it costs alot less as well and is alot of coverage for small money.

in some ways its a good thing as it means it will retain a good rate for the time being , as soon as the cheaper units can do the job the rates fall through the floor , like with everything , if you can get it cheap then so can anyone and everyone else , so the initial excitement soon wains when the price cutters also get it , as with everything its a double edged sword

sometimes the saying of be careful what you wish for is apt , as once everyone has it cheap the you tube videos appear , people online showing how simple it is , rates fall and vehicle manufacturers change the systems again so we cant do them till someone cracks it , then the new coverage is available for a price so more investment , then the cheap units copy it , then everyone has it and then the cycle starts again

so when you get excited about new coverage being available on a cheap unit thinking it will be a good earner , its very short lived as the price cutters get excited too and kill it.

take fiat , the stealers are reliably expensive , over £300 with vat for a flip key , so as so expensive at stealers why on earth are locksmiths doing these for £100 or less ? other than because they can .

Jimmy07
5th March, 2019, 12:49 PM
Hi Rapid

Was totally oblivious to the cycle your talking about when I started now I’m on the merry-go-round that just goes round and round. I see holes in coverage your talking about and it’s a time consuming and expensive exercise to plug what you can. I enjoy doing what I do and it’s a challenge with limited kit but I’ll keep investing and learning as this game is addictive

rapidlocksmiths
5th March, 2019, 03:25 PM
keeping on investing is the only constant we all have in common , that and none of us are any better than our last job and our next job , but , when you invest big to plug holes in coverage and a cheap machine then gets that coverage , your advantage is gone and your rate will halve , we invest in the hope we achieve payback on the investment before this happens.

those with limited kit all want the missing coverage added cheap , without thinking and realising that if its cheap to them its now cheap to everyone including the price cutters and beer money boys , cant have it all ways sadly

take keydiy , we all love keydiy , but so do the price cutters which is why you can now get a new kd key on all keys lost for under £50

we all love lishi , but since lishi the skill and work to generate a key is just 10% of what it was , as such new starts have started up 20 fold as job is easier now the kit does the work , alot of the van security issues seen in recent years is the effect of tibbe picks and lishi picks being available online at less than 25% of what they once cost .

every breakthrough to simplify our job has a cost

your getting addicted and im counting down to retirement in 4 years all going well

Jimmy07
5th March, 2019, 03:35 PM
See where your coming from Rapid then you read posts about tools selling at 50% of the U.K. prices in the states sort of makes it a bit more difficult to put your hand in your pocket.

When are some distributors going to realise the rates just aren’t there for token based tools or even drop the token costs ?

As you’ve said before tooling prices rise, tokens are expensive and rates are dropping

Still don’t think you’ll walk away you’ll sit around bored then the phone will ring or you’ll see a challenge like a complicated new lock you’ll want to crack lol

Time will tell

rapidlocksmiths
5th March, 2019, 04:57 PM
the lure of a life in the sunshine is far more tempting