PDA

View Full Version : 24c16 usb reader

estate
12th December, 2009, 10:42 PM
where can i get a reader to read the 24C16 chips using USB and one that i do not have to solder, preferably clip?

Jose19
12th December, 2009, 11:07 PM
where can i get a reader to read the 24C16 chips using USB and one that i do not have to solder, preferably clip?
Hi

Almost everytime, you need to desolder eep because read wrong dump file, on radios for example read all file but corruped and when you desolder eep and you compare is different. I already try that with clip on diferent programmers and just on little times read correctly and depends in what pcb you read.

Jose

pg_pack
13th December, 2009, 06:39 AM
If you are able to monitor the Vcc (Vdd) pin during the read and if it fails down under about 3.5 volt this may be one of the causes to your reading error.

There might be two possibilities to try, left only the Vcc pin and try again and boost the Vcc current to the programmer but this may put some risk to the programmer to damage if use no diode.

drpeter
13th December, 2009, 10:31 AM

There is another problem with clipping, you have to shortcut the X-tal because its possible that you damage the processor without doing this.

estate
13th December, 2009, 11:41 AM
ok guys thanks for the replys! i'll go the solder route :) seen a couple of free programmes that will calc the code for philips stereo's from dump, are these reliable? or should i just look for the code in the dump? not lazy, just a newbie ;)

PremierD
13th December, 2009, 11:52 AM
ok guys thanks for the replys! i'll go the solder route :) seen a couple of free programmes that will calc the code for philips stereo's from dump, are these reliable? or should i just look for the code in the dump? not lazy, just a newbie ;)

Not the easiest thing to do mate ..You need to know the location .and the Algo....The Free option sounds like your best option...