PDA

View Full Version : Mondeo MK3 airbag reset DIY?

coss
12th December, 2009, 11:28 PM
Hi everyone,
Is there any way to reset Mondeo MK3 airbag light? I have replaced airbags, pretensioners and sensor. I also have airbag module, but found it written somewhere that it needs replacing only after 4th airbags deployment. And even if I replace airbag module, it still needs programming, doesn`t it? I have ODBII interface cable but as far as I know it can only read data and clear trouble codes.
Thanks!

bigboots
13th December, 2009, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone,
Is there any way to reset Mondeo MK3 airbag light? I have replaced airbags, pretensioners and sensor. I also have airbag module, but found it written somewhere that it needs replacing only after 4th airbags deployment. And even if I replace airbag module, it still needs programming, doesn`t it? I have ODBII interface cable but as far as I know it can only read data and clear trouble codes.
Thanks!

you need a abs airbag resetter or a code reader with the airbag reset on it. if you live near southampton i could do it for you

zanovo
13th December, 2009, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks!
You have crash data stored in SRS unit! You must clear it!
I do it by desolderig the chip from SRS unit and reprogramming.

coss
13th December, 2009, 09:57 PM
And what happens if I replace SRS module with the one that was never crashed? Will it still need programming?

djtomcat
13th December, 2009, 10:31 PM
And what happens if I replace SRS module with the one that was never crashed? Will it still need programming?

Clear out the crahs and then use ids to clear the fault code.

coss
14th December, 2009, 10:34 PM
Clear out the crahs and then use ids to clear the fault code.
No idea what are you talikng about(crahs, ids). Call me stupid, but I am just looking for a simple answer: will I need programming done if I replace SRS module with the one that was never crashed?

Meat-Head
15th December, 2009, 09:29 PM
No idea what are you talikng about(crahs, ids). Call me stupid, but I am just looking for a simple answer: will I need programming done if I replace SRS module with the one that was never crashed?

IDS is the ford diagnostic system. Under your circumstances, phone the stealer, and ask how much to 'erase a fault code', when you have picked yourself up off the floor, call a few local garage or bodyshops, and ask if anybody can clear crash data.

If not, put tape over the bulb!

coss
16th December, 2009, 07:28 AM
Isn`t crash data stored in the SRS module? I will be replacing it.