PDA

View Full Version : Pls help

bournie
9th September, 2008, 03:57 PM
Hi all, brought myself a dm 7025 completely new to dreambox, thought i would have a go at flashing it, i went to the main website and downloaded new firmware, flashed it using dreamup software all went ok, but now i have no display on led screen ne help appreciated . thx bournie:hmmmm:

^^MaXiMo II^^
9th September, 2008, 05:03 PM
here a little how to
this is to install a firmware in flash i would advise you to flash your box with latest nabilo blackhole.
give us a shout if you get stuck :)

Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files from the DM7000. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.[/COLOR]
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.[/COLOR]
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.[/COLOR]

The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup
an IP address in the bootloader's [/COLOR]serial setup[/COLOR] (http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/setup_eng.php). Oh, and it assumes you have a second-stage
loader newer than Version 37. The Second-stage version is displayed when you poweron the box,
in the LCD. look for "BOOT #37" (which is version 37). If it says "CF FOUND" instead, remove the
compact flash card to see the version message. If it doesn't say anything, it's probably an even
older version.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/Bilder/an_aus.jpg
- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" (to enter the deep-standby mode) or by
using the power-switch. Standby is not enough!

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/Bilder/front_pfeil.jpg[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
- (1.) Press and hold the lower frontpanel button.
- (2.) Switch on the dreambox, either by using the powerswitch or, in deep-standby mode,
press the power button. Still, hold the lower button.
- (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. If something like "/flash".. appears, you didn't
hold the right button. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
- (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
work, set an IP using the serial terminal[/COLOR] (http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/setup_eng.php))
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/Bilder/WebInterface.png
- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/Bilder/WebInterface2.png
On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

bournie
9th September, 2008, 06:10 PM
thx for your reply, that wos the way i flashed the box first time through the browser and about 3 quarters through it gave me an error but it carried on regardless,after that i couldnt even boot the box, so i flashed using official firmware from dm, and a null modem cable, now everything boots up but i have no screen on front of 7025 thx for help thou.

westkill
9th September, 2008, 06:15 PM
what image did you try to put on :)

have you flashed a new image yet :questionmark:

^^MaXiMo II^^
9th September, 2008, 06:29 PM
just a piece of advice if you have not got it yet, get a usb pen or a hd
flash your box with a ozoon image and put a nabilo blackhole in multiboot and HAVE FUN :)

bournie
10th September, 2008, 12:51 AM
Hello westkill, i flashed the the image from the main dm website it wos Release 2.3 from 25.10.2007,enigma 2 i believe have not flashed ne other images on to it yet just in case i had to send it back.

<--bournie added 377 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...-->

just a piece of advice if you have not got it yet, get a usb pen or a hd
flash your box with a ozoon image and put a nabilo blackhole in multiboot and HAVE FUN :)
Maximo, i have a 2 gig usb pen plugged into back but i cant seem to c ne thing in menu about setting it up,it's usb 2.0 does that make a difference will dreambox see it.thx

krazylegz
10th September, 2008, 08:33 AM
dont use the firmware from the official dream multimedia site m8 as you wont get any hacked channels with that.

excellent guide maximo m8 i'll make it a sticky:)

^^MaXiMo II^^
10th September, 2008, 09:56 AM
thanks m8
the tuto is not mine and i dunno the author to thanks :(
@ bournie
seens you got a usb pen on back of your db you could leave the flashed image and upload a nabilo blackhole on your pen with flashwizard (but like Krazyleg said always use other firmware rather then the original one).
If you have not used the pen yet with flashwizard format your pen first before uploading the firmware on it
i have sent you a pm
good luck
ciaoooo

bournie
10th September, 2008, 11:27 AM
Krazylegz, i only put the official firmware on there just in case i messed it up and had to send it back,wos going to install another image after i had flashed it ok with official, but like i said i have no front panel now so i must have messed up some where. At the moment im waiting for an answer from d/m on how to fix panel, as soon as i have done that im going to try to do it properly. maximo for some reason i cant connect to dreambox via flashwizard it says invalid login or password yet i can see it is right ne ideas m8, and thx for all your help every 1.

hungary2006
10th September, 2008, 09:48 PM
Krazylegz, i only put the official firmware on there just in case i messed it up and had to send it back,wos going to install another image after i had flashed it ok with official, but like i said i have no front panel now so i must have messed up some where. At the moment im waiting for an answer from d/m on how to fix panel, as soon as i have done that im going to try to do it properly. maximo for some reason i cant connect to dreambox via flashwizard it says invalid login or password yet i can see it is right ne ideas m8, and thx for all your help every 1.

Info:

Whenever u flash ur DB, after it off ur DB and restart it again. Press AV on ur TV remote and choose proper TV ouput (eg.TV, EXT1, EXT2,.....). After this let us know if there is any problem.