PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes A160 cdi engine with strange noise

vagdoctor
5th March, 2019, 09:48 AM
Hi guys.
I got my priest brothers A160 in my garage. I am probably 11-th guy in the row trying to solve this puzzle :)

The car starts fine, but is very response to accelerator demand and has very sharp noise when accelerating.
No DTC present!

I noticed rail pressure is unordinary great when idling and accelerating. I checked HP rail sensor-transducer on bench, shows right value, as well as the SCV regulator on pump. Also shows to be good.

My next guess is, someone was playing with file, remapping it, changing time of injection and CR pressure map. But since my knowledge in ECU's SW is to low, I am asking one of you experts to check attached file and give your opinion, whether is still in virgin state, or modified.

Not much to offer, since I am compensating work for our priest with his prairs for me :)

Thank you in advance!

AVDigitale
5th March, 2019, 09:58 AM
your file is ori
maybe you have chain problem check

vagdoctor
5th March, 2019, 11:26 AM
your file is ori
maybe you have chain problem check

Thank you for checking file. Original then...mhm, it is not chain sound, it is definetly knocking sound of improper fuel delivery.

The engine reacts on touching accelerator like F1, hitting max revs in a second with this unusual detonation sound until it reaches revs required by gas pedal.
What is also weird to me is that idling HP rail pressure is about 400 bars. Usually I see readings 220 to 300 bars at idle, depends on HP system integrated.

Any other tip/clue?

AVDigitale
5th March, 2019, 01:31 PM
you checked crankshaft sensor camshaft in diag how is workig car start good ,egr valve too check
rail sensor check

vagdoctor
5th March, 2019, 02:39 PM
you checked crankshaft sensor camshaft in diag how is workig car start good ,egr valve too check
rail sensor check

Cam and Crank sensors were not checked/swapped, since the car starts great, rail pressure pick-up and SCV regulator were.
Will do suggested step too.

Thank you.

AVDigitale
5th March, 2019, 03:55 PM
dtc have or not ,make logs during drive and post here ,can be injectors

vagdoctor
6th March, 2019, 10:32 AM
dtc have or not ,make logs during drive and post here ,can be injectors

No DTC mate, Injectors were checked at stand, all good.